Make Your Cat's Scratching Post

When I got a new kitten, I went to the pet supply store to get a scratching post, but was astounded by the price! So, I made one myself. I got a large cardboard bolster/tube from an upholstery store (they were throwing it out so, free!) and bought some sisal rope for $6.00. I wrapped it around my tube, and propped it tightly under my bar. My kitten LOVES it! That's her peeking around it.

Easy Peezy Lemon Squeezy!

By Trina from Sunny South, FL

Quite by accident I discovered my kitty loved to sharpen her claws on a piece of chipboard so I cut it to about 15" long by about 10" wide. It's on the floor and she'd get on it and scratch away. This dimension was small enough that it wasn't in the way but big enough for her to get on. When they sharpen their claws they don't like the "sharpener" to move.

Pets Cats Cat ToysFebruary 10, 2011
🎉
🎄