MiscellaneousCrafts

Making Ribbons Sticks for Chinese Ribbon Dancing

Does anyone know how to make the silk ribbons on the sticks for Chinese Ribbon Dancing?

Di from Leesburg, FL

By Tina (Guest Post)

I don't know how fancy you are wanting these, but I made one for my daughter using a chopstick and some ribbon (like you use for sewing). I just tied the end of the ribbon onto the chopstick and my daughter played and twirled it and had a blast. Goodluck.

You can put a nail in the end of a dowel, sew a ribbon onto one half of a paper clip and put the other end (the round end) of the paper clip around the nail. It spins better than when attached to the stick. Make sure the head of the nail is bigger than the hole in the paper clip!

Cantate (music and movement teacher)

By sapphiregirl71 (Guest Post)

I took a dowel rod and cut it to 12". Then I found upholstery tacks and the ball and socket type fishing lure holder (what you connect the hook onto so is swivels). I bought 2" satin ribbon and cut it anywhere from 12' to 18' depending on the size of the person using it. I folded the ribbon over on one end to make a point and put a hole in is using a hole puncher. Then found the metal gromet type things that a lot of scrapbookers use now a days and put those into the holes. I used some fray stop on the other end. Then you hoot the ribbon to the fish hook thing. Put the nail in the top of the dowel and hook the fish hook onto it. It swivels great. I've used them for 6 years now and have used different color ribbons. I change out the ribbon and reuse the stick. They work great.