Make Money Packing Lunches for Others

I make $600 a year profit making a packed lunch for my boss!

When we moved to Slovenia from the UK we were delighted and relieved to find that a lunch allowance of about $4 is payable to every employed person by law. (this was great as we had very little money)

After about 6 months my boss asked me if I would make his lunch too as he was trying to eat a more healthy diet. By this time I had my veg plot up and running and this was providing all my salad and green beans. I have calculated that I can make a great lunch for my boss, my husband and I for $4 for the three, even in the winter.

My boss pays in cash and this usually pays the grocery bill one week per month. Other colleagues have also asked me if I will do the same and I will, once my garden is producing again.

Even if you only make your packed lunch for your own family there are great savings to be made and in my case having to make lunch for the other people stops me thinking 'oh well I can just grab a sandwich'. $4 for one person just seems like a fortune now.

By Mrs Christmas from Slovenia, EU

Anonymous

This is such a good thing for you for extra income! Thanks so much for the tips because it helps us all think outside the box :-)

I can't right now think of how I'll do it but this tops the list of (thank you, Deeli) out-of-the-box jobs I need to pursue to supplement my (woefully sparse) income. Thanks.

This is a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing. Now, how can I use this, seeing as how I work from home? Hmm...

I am sure that you could make a profit with this even if you purchased all the food, if you used bread, sliced meats, veggies, fresh fruits, etc. Many, many people rely on prepackaged things like mini-yogurts, Lunchables, pre-packed sub sandwiches and so on, which cost a lot. If you added some homemade baking, I'm sure you'd have customers. This might be a good way for a stay at home mom to make some cash, or, as a little extra cash for an office worker who likes to cook.