Something in My Home is Making Me Itch?

What could be causing me to itch? Sometimes it feels like something is biting me too, but I have no rash. It seems to only happen inside my home. We went on vacation and it went away. Within an hour of getting home, it started again It sort of comes and goes. I would appreciate any advice/help

Debbie52 from IL

I have the same problem. It can be caused by a lot of different things like molds or insects. There is an insect really tiny that bites I think if I remember is called nuseem or something like that is so small it can go through window screens. I have found that using peppermint oil and eucalyptus can help relieve the itch and citronella candles can help repel them. I discovered by accident that a 40 ounce of beer left out, that unwashed seems to attract them and when they drink it the alcohol kills them. Hope this helps.

do you think something can be coming through the air conditioner

I only itch after leaving my bedroom ! In my room I never itch! I vacuum my room and clean regularly just like the rest of the house!

We did have this problem!! It was small particles of insulation blowing through the ducts. We were miserable trying to figure out what the problem could be. We had all of the duct work that supplied heating and air to the lower level of our house replaced and we cleaned and vacuumed all of the floors and furniture.

That was several years ago and we haven't had any problem since then. Our house was built in 1976. I don't think that builders still use that type of duct work. I hope that this helps someone who is dealing with this.

What could be causing me to itch? Sometimes it feels like something is biting me too, but I have no rash. It seems to only happen inside my home. We went on vacation and it went away. Within an hour of getting home, it started again. It sort of comes and goes. I would appreciate any advice/help

Debbie52 from IL

Answers:

Something in My Home is Making Me Itch

Just curious do you have any animals? If so you could have fleas! If not that; do you have any noticeable cracked chaffed or dry skin areas on your body that could be what's causing you to itch. Just a thought! (09/05/2006)

By Mandi

Something in My Home is Making Me Itch

It sounds like you are allergic to something in your house. Did you bring something new into the house right before this all started? Are you eating something new at home? Have you used any new cleansers around the house? (09/06/2006)

By Loretta

Something in My Home is Making Me Itch

Perhaps your "nerves" are acting up. Not the kind of nerves that are emotional, but real nerves in the nervous system. Check with your doctor, because diabetes and all sorts of things can have associated nerve symptoms, and the sensations you feel certainly sound like that.

On the other hand, you may be reacting or having nerve symptoms from a chemical you work with every day at home. So when this kicks up, notice what you have been working with that day.

Be sure to tell your doctor. (09/07/2006)

Something in My Home is Making Me Itch

Did you get new carpeting? This happened to my friend. He moved into a new apartment with new carpeting and had the same symptoms as you. When he left his apartment he was fine. His itching stopped. After he got home and was there for awhile he would start itching. He took some Benadryl for a bit and all is well. (09/07/2006)

By karifl

Something in My Home is Making Me Itch

This is very puzzling! Have you checked for mold? I just happened to think that perhaps there is mold or other hidden allergens somewhere you are not aware of. I have heard of mold causing similar symptoms. I hope you can figure it out. Good luck!! (09/07/2006)

By evie troost

Something in My Home is Making Me Itch

Try taking a teaspoon of olive oil every day. Your skin may be a little dry. It works for me.

Carolyn from South Africa. (09/15/2006)

By Carolyn Trezona

Something in My Home is Making Me Itch

My mum has a similar thing. It is due to increased blood urea. A blood test would show. It is nothing serious, just causes itching. (09/19/2006)

Something in My Home is Making Me Itch

Have a can of mosquito repellent handy and spray yourself with it. It has helped me. Sometimes it can be dust mite allergies. (12/25/2008)

By Racer

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceSeptember 4, 2006
🌻
😎
😷
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf99970707.tip.html

AdviceHome Improvement