Apple Tart Recipes

Category Tarts
 Apple Tart Recipe
Apple tarts are a delicious, easy to make, dessert. They are perfect for serving on a crisp fall day. This page contains apple tart recipes.

This apple tart is so easy to make. The great thing is you don't need any fancy equipment or fluted tart pans or techniques. Just throw everything in a pan and put it in the oven!

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 40 minutes

Total Time: 50 minutes

Yield: 8 servings

• 5 medium apples
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 stick cold butter
  • 2 Tbsp milk

1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Move oven rack to lowest position.
  2. Place flour in a big bowl. Chop up butter and use two forks or a pastry cutter to mix the two until its a sand-like texture.
  3. Slowly add the milk while you mix the butter and flour until it turns into dough.
  4. Ad
  5. Wrap in plastic and place dough in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
  6. Pour your sugar into the bottom of the baking pan. I used a dry 5 x 8 inch nonstick loaf pan.
  7. Ad
  8. Peel the apples, and cut into 12ths. It's best to use hard apples with the least amount of juice, similar to Granny Smith's.
  9. Place the apples in rows on top of the sugar. Stack the rows until your pan is full.
  10. Ad
  11. Remove the dough from the fridge and while it's still in plastic, flatten it with a rolling pin until its the size of the top of your pan full of apples. Check if the sizes match by holding it over the pan.
  12. Ad
  13. When it's about the right size, cut the plastic off. You can cut off any overhanging pieces to patch any holes.
  14. Place the dough on your apples and tuck into the sides.
  15. Bake in oven on lowest oven rack position for 40 minutes.
  16. Remove from oven. Let cool for a few minutes. While it's still warm, flip it over onto a large dish. Serve with cream, if desired. :)

I haven't baked all Summer. This would be the perfect recipe to start with. It looks scrumptious. I do think I would add a smidgen (an amount equal to the size of a paper match head), of allspice to the sugar. My choice of toppings, either vanilla ice cream (if tart is served warm), or if I'm feeling risqué, an ounce of Apple brandy drizzled on top.

Enseigne moi

Those are all fabulous ideas! Vanilla ice cream on warm desserts are way too good, too. :) Try it!

Anonymous

Looks so good, but I do believe you used a loaf pan, not a bundt pan

It is a loaf pan. I have changed it in the recipe. Let us know how it turns out if you make it.