Are the Dishes in the Dishwasher Clean or Dirty?

Category Dishes
Dishwasher
It is not always easy to tell whether the dishwasher has been run yet or not, and you may need a way to let other household members know. This guide is about are the dishes in the dishwasher clean or dirty?

Here is a simple way to make a tag for your dishwasher to end the confusion of dishes that are "clean" or "dirty". I picked up free paint sample cards at my local department store, taped them back to back with double stick tape, and clipped them on the front of the dishwasher with a magnetic clip. You can simply write "clean" on one side and "dirty" on the other. Flip the card over as needed so everyone will know the status of the dishes inside. There are so many pretty colors available, you are sure to find ones that will coordinate with your kitchen.

By lmatty from Maryville, TN

This is the easiest dishwasher magnet to make and will last for years. Take a clean plastic lid (I used an icing lid) and cut the edge off. Write "clean" on one side and "dirty" on the other with a Sharpie marker. Use stick-on magnets with a really strong adhesive. Stick one on one side and one on the other.

That's it, you're done.

Immediately upon emptying my dishwasher I put the detergent in the cup. That way if the cup is closed, the dishes are dirty. I use the little packets and they don't dry out. Saves a lot of "are the dishes clean or dirty".

By Halfwhit from Ashdown, AR

Are the dishes in the dishwasher clean or dirty? This is the easiest way to tell. Always make filling the soap dispenser the very last step of unloading the dishwasher. That way if the soap dispenser is filled (closed), the dishes are dirty and when empty (open), the dishes are clean.