Birthday Gift Ideas for 19 Year Old Boyfriend

He's financially sound, I'm not. I'm a 17 year old college student, he's my boyfriend of 7 months and he's turning 19. 24/7/365 he'll do whatever it takes to make me happy; I want to do the same for him.

With what he spends on one coat, I can buy 3 outfits. Not only is his phone over $1000, he gave me mine. I was going get him a new watch, but my budget is $75. I want to do something not materialistic, but sweet, thoughtful, and creative. You know, a feeling that he can't buy. Help?

By AngelicLove

Answers:

If he is financially sound, he probably has everything he needs, so give him something he wants. Maybe a trip, or maybe buy some new "clothes" to make him happy. All men love to see their women try to please them. Just a suggestion (01/03/2011)

By mcdavidfamily4

$75 is a lot of $$ to spend on a birthday gift, I think. However, if that's what you want to spend, maybe you could buy him something small, fancy, and luxurious (say a few fancy chocolate truffles, or a designer tie) that are within your price range because you're not buying a lot of them. Or, if you can cook, give him a certificate for "Dessert of the Month". Every month you can buy/make a fancy dessert for him. :) Another idea: do something fun like take him to an amusement park, a boat ride, or go-carts. Bring a gourmet picnic. (01/03/2011)

By Vaylmer

Buy a nice card and take him out for dinner. (01/03/2011)

By redhatterb

AngelicLove, depending on where you are at you could do a carriage ride through a park, get tickets to a party boat and go dancing, do a search on the internet for your area and look for "events&quot. You might find something relatively close that you would never consider doing, but would be special for a one time deal with a friend. Take a look in areas near where you live too in case you are in a burg (like me) and nothing ever happens there. Even a hayride can be fun as a surprise adventure. (01/03/2011)

By Suntydt

If you live near a college or university, see if they have a theatre or dance department. We live near Kenyon College and we get to go see shows for just a buck or two. I have always had success with romantic picnics; cubed cheese and turkey or salami, crackers, olives, pickles, grapes, cookies and sparkling grape juice or soda. Throw a blanket or sheet down on the floor, light some candles, put on some low key music and have a lovely date. My husband remembers a picnic we shared while dating 20 years ago. ;) Best wishes! (01/06/2011)

By Bethmom1961

What is his hobby? Men thrive on feeling appreciated for what they do. No dollar value on that as you just say it and show it (hugs, etc.).
What I did, was make my husband an award online, you know the kind of award "The greatest..." and then I bought a picture frame for it. I also gave mine a framed picture of me that he could leave on his desk at work.
(01/06/2011)

By sweetsoo

Bake cookies. Make them fancy. Just because he can afford to give expensive gifts does not mean you have to reciprocate in kind. (01/06/2011)

By cookwie

Can you sing? I saw an idea on a wedding show that would be really cool for you to do for him for his birthday. The wife to be, "or girlfriend in your case" went to a local recording studio (a good microphone on the computer with a recording program will do the trick, less than $75). The girl sang a wonderful love song for him and played it for him at their reception (maybe a party for him).

I wouldn't think that with a boyfriend of 7 months when you are 17 years old, that it should be a really serious love song. Maybe it could just be a song that you write for yourself to sing to a well known musical tune about how sweet and nice he is. That would work. Don't forget to sing him a Happy Birthday in the song as well. Then you can burn some of your favorite songs together onto the same CD and give him the CD wrapped in a jewel tone case and wrapped with a ribbon. Let me know if this helps. It is original and from the heart for sure! (01/08/2011)

By gotaspellonyou2

boyfriend and girlfriend
Gift Ideas for Boyfriend's 19th Birthday
Boyfriend and Girlfriend
Locating an Old Boyfriend
13 year old gift ideas
Gift Ideas for a 13 Year Old Girl
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
🎄