Buying Bluing

Liquid bluing is a laundry product used to improve the appearance of whites. Although less commonly used than bleach for whitening, bluing is generally easy to buy. This is a guide about buying bluing.

January 21, 2005 Flag

Years ago we use to buy a product called Bluing. It made white clothes brighter and cleaner looking. Have not been able to find it now and really need it. Seems the bras and other whites turn dingy and nothing we have tried will bring the whites back to life. Any one here know where i can find this product again?

Tonya

Pathmark & Shop rite sells it, I buy it at both these places

I live in North Carolina and we do not have those stores here. Never heard of them either.. I will keep looking though. Would just about pay someone to send it to me.

Tonya

Check a search engine for a website for Mrs. Stewarts Bluing. It gives a list of distributors by state for their product. If you cant find one in your state, you can buy it from the company. It's good stuff and I use it alot.

try using oxi clean..should make your whites look like new...great for colors as well.I put a scoop in each load,great for stains,pet odors,general dingyness.Dont try bleach it'll eat the elastic

Hi there.

I use a product called Borax. it is a powder and you just add some to your load of laundry with you detergent and your clothes come out whiter and brighter. I actually spilled grease and bbq sauce from chicken on a new white shirt and it took it out. I bought it at Walmart, but it is also available at grocery stores. Hope this helps.

Valerie

January 25, 2008 Flag

I am looking for a product called 'Bluing' to use in the washing machine to help get whites whiter. I read in 'Dollar Stretcher' that someone recommended this and said it cost $3.00 for 16 oz but the only website I found for it wants you to buy 12 bottles.

Kim from Joppa, MD

We have bluing in the laundry product section of most grocery stores. It is also used by farmers or 4H kids who show cows and calves to whiten the hair on the cattle,so perhaps you would want to look in a store that services a rural area. Perhaps the big city stores don't carry this product any more.

I have bought this at our grocery store many times...in the detergent aisle, so you might want to ask them about it, and if they don't carry it, alot of times you can mention it to the manager, they will check into ordering it for you...and stock the shelf to see if it is a seller or not...it isn't expensive and is a great product! good luck....Vicki

Bluing also makes a great hair rinse for white, grey, and ultra light blonde hair. Just add a capfull to a glass of water and pour over freshly washed hair, and don't rinse out. It doesn't make your hair blue, it just makes light colored hair look so much brighter and takes away that "yellow" look.

I use "bluing" all the time.

Mix it with cold water. Fill machine to desired water level. Agaite for a few seconds. Add diluted bluing. Then add clothing and wash as usual. Do not pour it directly on the clothing in the washer.

Also just follow the instructions on the container.

i'm not sure if you've already found this, but I just bought a bottle at our local Bartell's drug store. I believe they even have it at most grocery stores.

November 17, 2014 Flag

Where can I buy laundry bluing?

By Lauren

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I find it in my local grocery store, in the laundry section. If your store doesn't have it, check others. Another use for bluing is to whiten the hair on show cattle, (like the calves kid show for 4H) so you may also find it in places that sell supplies for ranches and farms.

January 13, 2010 Flag

Does anyone know if they still make LaFrance Bluing? I haven't seen it in the stores in a long time and it is the only bluing that ever really worked well for me. I think it was made by Dove. Thank you.

By Connie from Vandalia, OH

I have only ever heard of Mrs. Stewart's Bluing, and I am 69 years old.

If you Google it you will find entries to tell you more about it, and where you can purchase it.

I Googled it and don't see it available anymore, just mainly nostalgia sites about the product.

It wouldn't hurt to try Mrs. Stewart's Bluing and here's a PDF that's only a couple of years old with the manufacturer's 800 number to see where it's for sale now or if you could get it directly. There are other sites that sell it but personally I would try the manufacturer first ;-) http://www.mrsstewart.com/pdf/W2F/NY.pdf

I have been trying to find it also. It is the only product that used to take out stains that no other detergent could!

July 12, 2011 Flag

I need to find a location for Mrs. Stewart's bluing in Waco, Texas.

By Charles

Here's a website where you can purchase it by computer:

http://www.mrsstewart.com/Merchant2 ... ?Screen=PLST&Store_Code=LFCMOMSB

If you prefer to buy in person from a brick and mortar store, look for the old fashioned grocery in your area, usually a Piggly-Wiggly or IGA. I've also seen it in Shure-Value groceries (AL), but I don't know if you have that chain in TX.

There are usually 'mom and pop' type stores in the South and SouthWest that carry the old-fashioned, tried and true products, too, but I'd try the ones I listed above first. Good hunting, I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for in one of those stores-it's where I always found what I knew worked best while I lived in LA, AL, NW-FL, and NW-GA!

Bluing is available in all of our local Co-op and other chain grocery stores, in the laundry section. If, for some reason, your local stores don't carry it there, you could try a farm supply, as people who show calves in 4H tell me that they use it to whiten the hair on their show calves. I should think you would have lots of calves to show in Texas!

August 22, 2010 Flag

I am looking for a laundry whitening product and the name of it is "Miss ___"? I need to know the name and where can I purchase it.

By Linda G from Greensboro, NC

I think the name was, "Miss Bo Peep". They still carry it in drug and grocery stores that cater to an older crowd.

The 2 bottles I have are the Mrs Stewart's brand.

http://www.mrsstewart.com/

I have found Mrs. Stewarts in several stores: Albertsons on west coast and Dillons and Price Cutter, in Missouri. It's in the laundry isle and usually up at the top of the shelf. You can also find it on the web in places like Lehmans.

April 11, 2012 Flag

I need to find bluing in Odessa Texas. Wal Mart does not carry it.

By Mollie H

You can buy it online at www.amazon.com

Consumer Advice Product FinderJune 19, 2013
Bluing
Using Bluing
comtemperary wedding ring
Buying a Wedding Ring
Buying an eBook Reader, Someone using an eBook reader.
Buying an eBook Reader
used car dealership
Buying a Used Car
🎉
🎄