Cabinet Hardware Advice

My new house has what I believe is Ginger Maple kitchen cabinets. My appliances are black with a tiny bit of stainless. I have a beige sink with a chrome faucet, with a hint of gold mixed in. My walls are white.

I want to update my cabinet hardware which is now cheap looking goldtone. I can't picture black or stainless, but I am leaning towards stainless. Does anyone out there have an opinion about how a maple cabinet would look with stainless hardware? Thanks.

By arby5577 from Buffalo, NY

Answers:

Cabinet Hardware Advice

I think it would look great, sort of like Danish modern furniture and cabinets. (07/10/2009)

By fatboyslimsmom

Cabinet Hardware Advice

I think it would look good especially since you have some stainless on the appliances. (07/10/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

Cabinet Hardware Advice

Go to a store like Home Depot and buy several different handles in assorted finishes and try them at home to see what looks best. You can return the ones you don't like, then purchase more of your favorite. (07/10/2009)

By OliveOyl

Cabinet Hardware Advice

It would look just fine. If in doubt, buy all the handles and knobs at one time, but just install a few of them and review them over the course of a day in different lighting, both natural and artificial. I can't think of one reason why they wouldn't be OK.

But, I will point out that if the handles have sides that protrude, the protrusions can catch and rip pockets (we had to replace all of our handles for that reason). (07/13/2009)

By cookwie

Cabinet Hardware Advice

Have you considered using copper knobs, handles or even pulls with the maple cabinets? It would be very sharp looking. Copper is fairly popular at present and looks great on white cabinets as well. (07/13/2009)

By cynbub2

Cabinet Hardware Advice
Cabinet Door
Keeping Cabinet Doors From Slamming Shut
Filling Holes in Cabinet Doors
Filling Holes in Cabinet Doors
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
Installing Roman Shades
Finding Window Hardware for Roman Shades
🎉
🎄