Can You Refill Plug-in Air Fresheners?

My wife asked if I could find a way to refill plug-in air fresheners (Wallflower brand). The packaging indicates that they contain essential oils but I'm unwilling to simply experiment with a potential fire hazard. Does anyone have a "recipe" for the contents of these air fresheners?

Answers:

Can You Refill Plug-in Air Fresheners?

I don't know about the contents of those plug-in air fresheners but you might consider a terra cotta lamp ring instead. They are easy to refil (you just drip some essential oil on the terra cotta ring) and you can use any scent. They are pretty inexpensive (more than 1 plug-in but they never wear out) and you can get them at most hardware stores or home supply places. You can cut the sometimes pricey essential oils with canola or walnut oil to stretch them too. (07/28/2004)

By Guest

Can You Refill Plug-in Air Fresheners?

I wonder if you could use those scented oils you buy in the craft section of Walmart? Or the potpourri gel that is intended for heat? (07/30/2004)

By Tawnda

Can You Refill Plug-in Air Fresheners?

You should (first) test to see if the essential oil you want to use is flammable or not. The patchoulli oil I use as perfume isn't. I've used drops on lightbulbs, in candles, in simmer pots, even tested directly with a lit match. Just buying new plug-in refills might be a lot cheaper in the long run though, but I don't know this for sure as I don't own any "plug-ins" so I don't know how much the refills cost. What I do know is that essential oils can be rather expensive. Depending on the fragrance, they range in price of ($4 to $8, sometimes more) per half oz. They would need to be used diluted since pure oils are much too strong to use alone. But even then it seems a bit pricey. (09/23/2004)

By Baby Judy

Can You Refill Plug-in Air Fresheners?

Guest Post. I just purchased a 2-count value pack of the Glade plug ins scented oil refill at Wal-Mart for $3.60 plus tax. That is about $1.00 to $1.49 cheaper than buying one at the local supermarket. (01/10/2006)

By victoria

Plugged in air freshener
Can You Refill Plug-in Air Fresheners?
Renuzit Air Freshener Crafts
Renuzit Air Freshener Crafts
Getting Rid of the Smell from a Plugin Air Freshener
flip flop air freshener
Making Car Air Fresheners
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
🎉
🎄