Cheap Prom Dress

I was wondering if anyone knew of a place that sells cheap prom gowns. I'm disabled and my 16 year old daughter would love to go to her prom, but finding a dress on my budget is hard.

Thank you.

Bonita

Answers:

Cheap Prom Dress

Where we are from you can easily go to a bridal shop and ask to see their discontinued dresses or those simply "left behind". Many of these dresses are between $15.00-$30.00. If your daughter is so inclined she may want to pick one out and add something she likes to make it more her own and more to her taste, like beading which can always be found at craft stores. Or simply ask around for a "once worn" bridesmaid/bride's dress to borrow or buy. It is a big time within most girls lives if they can have fun and look lovely so involve her in the choosing process so the dress she picks becomes more her's than a "second hand solution." Best of luck and beauty to you both! (01/18/2005)

By Karaof4

Cheap Prom Dress

Try Consignment and thrift stores. They usually have really nice dresses for half the price. (01/19/2005)

By Aimee

Cheap Prom Dress

Last year I refused to pay $300 for a prom dress while looking like every other girl there, so I went to the local mall and went to The Body Shop, they have very cute dresses from $20 up. I'm sure you can find some simple dresses in JC Penny or places like that, sometimes you just have to look a little harder. Also you may could check with any local seamstresses that sell prom dresses. Sometimes they have beautiful dresses that customers continuously try on and are considered used or are from the year before and the businesses mark the prices down (or sometimes they let you rent them). So good luck with dress shopping and I hope your daughter has an enjoyable prom! (01/19/2005)

By Crystale

Cheap Prom Dress

Go to a search engine and find your nearest freecycle site. Post a "wanted" and you may well find a beautiful dress for free. (01/20/2005)

By Guest

Cheap Prom Dress

When I had to get a prom dress I waited a little and got mine last minute at DEB. It was really nice and on sale at $40. (01/28/2005)

By Jessica

Cheap Prom Dress

I payed 30 dollars for this dress at Ross's. It was peach, but they had a huge selection to choose from. It's a discount clothing store, but their clothes are usually in good condition. (02/05/2005)

By Velvet

Cheap Prom Dress

Of course try the obvious ones, like thrift shops, bring backs at the local dress shops and eBay. But also try looking at the last few years' prom and other formal photos. See if there isn't a dress that really stands out to you and approach that girl and ask to buy her dress. They will never wear it again and know they won't get any money for it other wise. My best-friend wore the Prom Queen's dress from the year before and she only paid $25 for it. (02/17/2005)

By Suzanne S.

Cheap Prom Dress

There is a very awesome store in a few places. If you are lucky you will have it. Go to http://www.nbcclothing.com. My friend found a dress at one of the stores for $25 (it's original price was $300). These dresses have been returned for no apparent reason or they have small problems with them like a seam showing or the beading might be messed up in one section. But other than that they are perfectly fine. Some people get their dresses for $4! (03/01/2005)

By Renee the harpist

Cheap Prom Dress

All you have to do is go to Google and put in cheap prom gown and put in parenthesis $60 and related searches should come up. (09/28/2005)

By Amber

Cheap Prom Dress

Hi. A good place to start is with a school guidance counselor. They have contacts and know of places that give and lend dresses. RE: Like Cinderella's Closet . There are a lot of communities that have websites like http://www.freecycle.org where you can list what you need and someone will give it to you. The freecycle websites are free items from one person to another. (09/28/2005)

By Leisa

Cheap Prom Dress

Yes I know a place that has beautiful prom dresses that are cheap. It is www.shopshop.com and www.weddingdressonline.com. On weddingdressonline.com make sure you go under cheap bridal gowns and then there is different categories. That should make your daughter look beautiful the night of her prom and she will love it. (01/20/2006)

By Marlena

Cheap Prom Dress

I find really good dresses at places like Kohl's and TJ Maxx and Deb's, but not their online stores, those aren't very good for dresses. I'm low income, so I know where to go for a cheap dress. (09/25/2007)

By Courtnee

Cheap Prom Dress

Try eBay. I am selling my prom dress on there for around $60. You can get many different styles too. (10/13/2007)

By Zara

Cheap Prom Dress

Try myeveningdress.co.uk. it's quite cheap and has gorgeous dresses for under 100 pounds. (02/15/2008)

By Jess

Cheap Prom Dress

For all you in England.

www.beflirtydresses.com
(03/26/2008)

By CLAIRE

Cheap Prom Dress

Freecycle and thrift shops are obvious places. I love thrift shops. Just bought a brand new, 100% cotton, thick, off-white turtleneck sweater for $2. Never worn, but with a tiny hole in the waist ribbing in the back that can be repaired with two stitches. Also, some of the big bridal shops have regular sales, sometimes twice a year, to get rid of samples and refused dresses. I understand that the price can be as little as $10.

Back in 1965, my prom dress came from Montgomery Wards. It was far less expensive and more sophisticated than any other dress at the prom.

If push comes to shove, perhaps you can find a simple white or black crepe (or other nice fabric) ankle length skirt that can be worn with a halter or bustier top. A remnant of lace could be used as a shawl. The price would be much less and the pieces could be worn separately for many other occasions. (01/23/2009)

By SWozniak

Cheap Prom Dress

I found this site that may help you out! It has a great section on cheap/affordable prom dresses and there's a lot of great info on there as to what looks good for different types of people! Hope it helps.

http://www.prom-dresses-2010.com/cheap-prom-dresses-2010.php (02/17/2010)

By mary2111

Cheap Prom Dress

Thrift stores are great places to find these once worn treasures for cheap. Thrift Town has an annual green prom contest where you can win a new MacBook, new iPod touch, or a new digital camera just for wearing secondhand to the prom. There is no purchase necessary. You can go to www.thrifttown.com to check out the contest and photos of past entrants in their great secondhand promwear. Everyone wins! (03/22/2010)

By thrifttown

Closet full of prom dresses.
Planning a Prom Dress Re-Sale Event
Three girls wearing prom dresses.
Saving Money on Prom Dresses
Cheap Date Ideas, Young Couple in the Park
Cheap Date Ideas
Red Prom Dress
Cleaning a Prom Dress
🎄
🍂