Chicken Alfredo Recipes

Category Chicken
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
Combining creamy alfredo sauce with chicken and vegetables can make a delightfully delicious, yet simple nutritious meal. This page contains chicken alfredo recipes.

Ingredients

• 6 oz. uncooked fettuccine or spaghetti
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli florets
  • 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
  • 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper

Directions

Prepare fettuccine according to package directions. Add broccoli for last 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain. In skillet over medium high heat, heat butter. Add chicken and cook until browned, stirring often. Add soup, milk, cheese, pepper and fettuccine mixture and cook through, stirring often. Serves 4.

By Robin from Washington, IA

• 1 jar Bertolli Garlic Alfredo sauce (15 oz.), or other flavor Alfredo sauce
  • 1 small pkg. whole wheat linguine pasta.
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • McCormick's Montreal Seasoning

Directions:

While I am waiting for the water to boil to cook the pasta, I plug in my George Foreman grill and begin grilling at least 2 chicken breasts. I like to season them with McCormick's Montreal Seasoning (my fav!).

I boil the pasta as directed on the box, drain after boiling, then mix the sauce and pasta together back in the pan and keep on low heat. When the chicken is thoroughly cooked, I cut it into small pieces, and add it to the pasta/sauce mix. Serve immediately! Since it's just me and my husband in our house, we have leftovers for several days. Yummy!

By Courtney from Edmond, OK

Easy, quick, tasty and cost effective.

Directions:

Place chicken patties on pan that has been coated with cooking spray and bake in 400 degree F oven. Boil water for pasta; add a drop or two of oil and salt. Add pasta once the water starts boiling and boil for 15 minutes.

While pasta is cooking, drain tomatoes from juice. Set juice aside. Turn chicken patties over to other side after about ten minutes of cooking. Add tomatoes on top of patties and let cook 10 more minutes.

Drain pasta when it is finished cooking. Add sauce to pasta. Also, add tomato juice from can to pasta and sauce, add mushrooms if desired, mix well. Keep warm over low heat. Add cheese to top of tomatoes on the chicken patties and cook til melted. Place pasta mixture on plate and add chicken on top cut the chicken in strips if desired. Viola, a quick meal that is yummy.

Servings: 7
Time:5 Minutes Preparation Time
20 Minutes Cooking Time

By tami333

This recipe is not 'gourmet' but it's quick, easy and tasty. I have made it for about four decades.

I use boxed PastaRoni (RiceaRoni sibling) but instead of following the boxed directions, I heat 1/2 cup milk and 3 tbls butter (no water because not using the water gives a far more tasty flavor and thicker sauce) in a saucepan while the pasta is cooking.

Then drain the pasta, (do not rinse) place it back in the pan, add the milk and butter sauce, stir and then stir in the packaged seasoning.

Then add one or two 3 oz cans of drained, diced chicken breasts and stir.

PS: Have tried Lipton Fettuccini and other packaged brands but PastaRoni is the best ;-)

Source: There was a request today for a Chicken Alfredo recipe and once I posted it, I thought, "Well, maybe also submit in the contest" ;-)

Both my parents worked long hours when I was growing up and, most of the time, I was on my own to cook so came up with this when I was in my mid-teens. Used leftover chicken back then but used the canned once it became available.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Does anyone have a good recipe for Chicken Alfredo?

Debra from Hampton, Tenn

Answers:

If you would like a from scratch recipe, this one sounds good:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1639,159180-236198,00.html

(09/02/2008)

By Deeli

Recipes For Chicken Alfredo

Grill a couple of chicken breasts. Meanwhile, place a jar of your favorite Alfredo on the stove (I use my wok pan), add some dried pepper flakes if desired. Boil a bag of frozen CHEESE tortellini--when nearly done add some broccoli(but you could add carrots or any other firm vegetable your family enjoys), drain and place in Alfredo sauce. Toss with sliced grilled chicken breasts. This is delicious., easy and FAST. If you grill a few extra breasts earlier in the week you can have dinner on the table in 15 minutes.

(09/02/2008)

By Diana

Recipes For Chicken Alfredo

I have a great copycat recipe for Olive Garden's Chicken Alfredo

Olive Garden Alfredo Fettucine

• 8 oz Cream cheese -- cut in bits
  • 3/4 c Parmesan cheese -- grated
  • 1/2 c Butter or margarine
  • 1/2 c Milk
  • 8 oz Fettuccine; cook -- drain
  • Tyson chicken chunks

In large saucepan combine cream cheese, Parmesan, butter and milk, stirring constantly until smooth. Toss pasta lightly with sauce, and sprinkle with chicken coating well. Leftovers freeze well. (09/02/2008)

By karenskrafts

Recipes For Chicken Alfredo

To make chicken alfredo, I use the following "recipe."

Take 1/2 to 1 pound of boneless chicken, cut into strips and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings. Saute the chicken in a large pan with olive oil or butter along with a couple tablespoons of minced onion and a clove or two of minced garlic. After it is browned, remove it from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.

In pan that you cooked the chicken in, add 1/2 stick butter and a half pint heavy whipping cream. After butter melts, whisk in about 4 ounces of grated parmesan cheese. Using freshly grated cheese will make a smoother sauce than if you use the pre-grated cheese from the dairy aisle. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened, adding more cheese if needed. Season with pepper and (if you like it) a tiny pinch of garlic powder. I also often add a sprinkle of Italian seasonings.

Meanwhile, have pasta cooking so it will finish at about the same time as the sauce. When pasta is done, drain and toss with chicken and sauce. Serve immediately.

To re-heat leftovers, use a saucepan and gently increase heat while stirring. Add a bit of milk if necessary to thin the sauce back out. Re-heating in the microwave may make the butter separate from the sauce and can cause the cheese to clot up.

(09/02/2008)

By Shawna

Recipes For Chicken Alfredo

Chicken Alfredo "cheat":

melted butter, sour cream, garlic, salt, white pepper, parm cheese, all to taste. A little whole milk or cream can thin it out or add richness. Toss in leftover chicken, sauteed veggies, serve over pasta or rice. (09/03/2008)

By U*u*U