Cleaning Cabbage Patch Dolls

Whether is it your old treasured Cabbage Patch Kid or your child's newer one, you may need to clean them periodically. This is a guide about cleaning Cabbage Patch dolls.

June 16, 2012 Flag

My old Cabbage Patch preemie has a blue stained face, probably due to materials, blankets, sweat, etc. It has bald head. I soaked it in Clorox, used Ajax, used a scrub sponge, and even tried an SOS pad. It's lighter, but the blue stain won't come off around cheeks, mouth, and nose.

Is there anything out there I can try? Her face is just fine after all the cleaning. Ink would be easier to get rid of, believe me. My poor daughter had her 22 years and I wanted to clean her up and get new clothes and a nice clean face. It's not happening. Any pointers? Please.

By Kaymarie

This may seem drastic...but when I went gluten free, my hot flashes diminished significantly. I also cut coffee out of my diet.

I use liquid dishwasher detergent on most everything. I can't guarantee it, but I believe if you buy the liquid, it is easier to dissolve and don't be afraid to use plenty with water soak until the stain is gone.

Use inexpensive generic liquid dishwasher detergent and water. Soak until stain is gone. I am generous with the detergent.

If you can't get the blue out, try adding just a bit of rouge. It will look like she has a lavender tint to her and perhaps you can keep the color theme going with the clothes.

I hope this helps.

Home and Garden Cleaning ToysJune 19, 2012
Growing Cabbage, Selecting Good Broccoli, Freezing Cabbage
Freezing Cabbage
Picking Blackberries
Killing Weeds in a Blackberry Patch
Bok choy growing in a field.
Growing Chinese Cabbage