Cleaning Down Bedding

A feather bed, comforter or sleeping bag needs special care when being laundered. This guide is about cleaning down bedding.

Washing Down Bedding
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I have a down comfortor and a feather bed. The direction says dry clean. I have washed down jackets and vests has anyone had any luck washing comfortors or feather beds.

Jo Anne from NY

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can wash all of them. Make sure there are no holes or you will be sorry. Wash in cold water with light detergent on a very gental cycle. Dry on low heat for about 1.5 hours. It says to dryclean only because you bought a cheaper comforter with a water soluable sizing to keep the feathers from popping out. I'm in management for a drycleaner. Trust me.

Read More Answers...

This is a guide about cleaning a featherbed. It is important to clean a featherbed properly to avoid damaging it and to prevent odors.

Cleaning a Featherbed

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do you wash a feather blanket?

By Rose from Berwyn, IL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Make sure you wash it on the gentle cycle so that it does not tear, feathers are everywhere!

Read More Answers...

How should I clean my feather down sleeping bag?

Erin from New Zealand

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi Erin... I wash my down comforters all the time, so a sleeping bag should work just as well.

Take it to a laundromat and wash it on gentle cyle.

Then throw it in the largest dryer with 3 or four clean tennis balls or a very clean tennis shoe. The balls or shoe will pound the down and fluff it up. They dry in no time !

Home and Garden Cleaning Linens and BlanketsDecember 18, 2013
Bedding in a laundry basket.
Uses for Old Bedding
Hot Tea
Cooling Down Hot Drinks
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
A stack of soft fluffy down pillows.
Cleaning A Down Pillow
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 30, 2016 at 1:08:23 AM on 10.0.0.53 in 369 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.