Cleaning Flip Flops

A favorite summertime slip-on foot covering for many people. This guide is about cleaning flip flops.

May 6, 2013 Flag

I live in Florida on the beach, where flip flops are pretty much a uniform. When mine get dirty and sort of unmanageable, I either throw them in the wash or put them in the dishwasher. The dishwasher is better for the firm soled ones. Just remember to only use a cool dry cycle! If you use the washing machine remember they will dry better in full sunlight, or you can just leave them on top of your clothes dryer. Radiant heat will handle it.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If my flip flops are muddy, I rinse them with the garden hose...otherwise, I just wear them while I shower.

May 20, 2012 Flag

Flip flops tend to get dirty, especially my white and pink ones. I have tried many cleaners and the best is the Magic Eraser.

By Louella from Billings, MT

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 26, 2006 Flag

Has anyone has any tried washing flip flops in the washing machine? Did it work? Was it a tragedy? I am too lazy to wash them by hand and I've always wondered if the washing machine works?

Thanks,
Harleychic From SLC, UT

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Many things have been used over the years. I usually used is a nail brush or the largest brush that'll fit between the straps; I've used Dawn detergent or shampoo. If you have crusty oil or tar spots, from walking along the ocean first apply an ice cube to freeze the spot then scrape off as much as you can before using other solvents/stain removers. If you have a solvent made just for removing heavy grease or tar, use that and it should work. Also use alcohol for ink stains; dry-cleaning solution for heavy-duty stains such as Magic Marker spots. If yours are the plastic flip-flops, you're safe using a variety of dirt/stain removers. If yours is made of other material, follow directions for stain removal for that fabric or leather.

I like to use the SOS pads that have the soap in them already. It will scub a pair of flip flops clean in no time.

Great suggestions. My daughter cleans hers in the shower with a toothbrush and simple dishwashing liquid. They look great.

LAZY GIRL'S GUIDE TO CLEAN FLIP FLOPS:

1. Wear flip flops while you shower to remove street dirt/grime. 2. Throw flip flops into a hot water bleach towel load to alleviate ground-in foot odour. If you're leaving the towels to soak for a few hours, leave 'em. They can take it! Remove before softener cycle. 3. Dry in the sun.

This works best on white/beige flip flops. But even the darker ones benefit from the disinfection. For ground in dirt, I love Mr. Clean MAGIC ERASER.

I need to know how to clean white hollister flip flops. HELP ANYONE!

I bought the new Hollister fabric flip flops and I tried cleaning one of them with the Tide To Go pen and it just made the stain darker, any help ?

Baby wipes work wonders for me.

So if you have old navys new flip-flop I would reccomend using a clorox wipe the orange package it really work! I have 55 pairs of flip flops that I wear daily and or weekly but I would use that it works so good just scrub and let them dry in the sun or in your house! (if you have fancy ones with designs I would not use this method of clean unless you want the design to come off)! Please try it works great it take literally like 2 minutes!

August 7, 2012 Flag

What is the best way to clean flip flops?

By Betty

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Rinse the dirt off and toss them in the top rack of your dishwasher. Works for me.

August 24, 2012 Flag

By Jo

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

For plain flip flops without any trim, wash in the washer with a load of rags or denims. Let air dry. For those with trimming such as flowers, beads etc., wipe the sole, and footbed with an all purpose cleaner that does not need rinsing, then wipe the beaded trim with a rag dampened with water. If there is silk flower trim which needs cleaning, put a 1/2 cup of dry cornmeal in a bag along with the now otherwise clean flip flops, and shake vigorously, then take out the shoes, and shake off the cornmeal. Hope this helps.

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousAugust 10, 2012
Blue beaded flip flops on woman's feet.
Decorating Flip Flops
flip flop quilt
Making a Flip Flop Quilt
yellow flop flop made from ceiling tile for a wall decoration
Flip Flop Themed Craft Ideas
duct tape flip flops
Making Duct Tape Flip Flops
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2017 at 1:23:13 AM on 10.0.2.246 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.