Cleaning Uses for Denture Tablets

Denture Tablet
Denture cleaning tablets have many other cleaning uses. This is a guide about cleaning uses for denture tablets.

Denture tablets work wonders for cleaning glassware, ceramic type ware, and tile. Dissolve a couple of tablets into a sink of hot water and wash glasses sparkling clean. I drop one into the toilet bowl. It also works on the bathroom sink, bathtub, and tile.

Drop one into a vase after the flowers have completed their cycle and the tablets clean up the vase. Ceramic type baking dishes such as Corningware are easily cleaned with one tablet and hot water. Do not use for stainless steel. I purchase a large bulk box of a store or generic brand, cheapest!

Source: My aunt passed this tip to me when she was cleaning up some old bottles she had collected.

By zippypotter from Ojai Valley, CA

To clean a crock pot, fill it with water. Drop two or three denture tablets in and leave overnight to soak.

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

Here's a quickie toilet cleaning tip I use. After having soaked my dentures in denture cleaner, I pour the used cleaning mixture right into the toilet, let it sit a few minutes than give it a quick swish with a brush. This way you get 2 uses out of those expensive denture cleaning tablets!

By Marilyn

The cleaning ingredients in denture tablets that remove stains from dentures also work to clean your toilet bowl. This is a guide about using denture tablets for toilet cleaning.

Denture Tablets

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Could denture cleaning tablets be used to clean gold and diamond jewelry? Would it harm the jewelry?

N.V. from DeRidder, LA

Anonymous

I googled jewelry denture cleaner. It sounds like it may not be a good idea. Go to this link, http://en.allex  689/Cleaning.htm

This guy sounds like he did his research. He says the chemicals found in denture cleaner may weaken the jewelry. I hope this helps you. I saw on a different site that vinegar may be a possible option for cleaning jewelry.

I've always used rubbing alcohol and a toothbrush. Brush always up from the base of any of the little wires that hold the stones in.

A jeweler once years ago told me about using denture tablets to clean my jewelry. I have been using them for 40 years now and my jewelry is still beautiful.

I place one denture tab in a vibrating cup, put in enough water to cover my jewelry, add the jewelry and turn it on. I let it run for 30 minutes, then rinse everythng really good and let it dry. I do this about once every 1-2 months depending on how dirty my jewelry has gotten.