Cleaning a Stainless Steel Coffee Pot

Having a sparkling clean coffee percolator and removing coffee stains can be a challenge. This guide is about cleaning a stainless steel coffee pot.

Stainless Steel Coffee Pot
Filter Sort

Question: Cleaning a Stainless Steel Coffee Pot

By Cass 1

How do I clean a stainless steel coffee carafe?

By Cass from San Francisco

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

November 27, 2012 Flag

I tried all of the posted suggestions to no avail. This morning I was cleaning my oven and thought "what the heck" ... I'll try oven spray on my coffee pot. Wonder of wonders, the pot cleaned up beautifully in less than 15 minutes.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Steel Wool For Cleaning Coffee Pot

By Babwaray 1

To clean inside of stainless steel coffee pot, take a hand held kitchen wand. Place a steel wool pad of your choice over the scrubbing pad attached to the wand. This can be held in place by wrapping rubber bands around it. Use this to scrub around the inside of the pot. Rinse very well before then cleaning your complete coffee system with white vinegar and water.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Coffee Stains from Stainless Steel

How do I remove coffee stains from the inside of a Cuisinart stainless steel insulated coffee pot? Nothing seems to be working and now it is very dark.

By kimmer

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By killerdimples 1 18 Flag

Try baking soda and water mix.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Homemade Solution For Cleaning Stainless Steel Coffeepots

By Marie 3

Tired of buying expensive cleaners for your stainless steel coffeepots? Well, I don't! I just drop a dishwashing machine tablet into the pot with hot water. Let it sit for a while and rinse well. Coffee residue is gone and you have a brand new pot.

By Marie from Long Island, NY

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Use Dip-It to Clean Stainless Coffee Pots

By Villette R. 1

There is a product called Dip It - you just pour a package along with boiling water into the pot and all the YUK will float to the surface and inside is shiny steel! The Dip It powder works so much better than the cleaner they also offer - you can find it anywhere!

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Archive: Cleaning a Stainless Steel Coffee Pot

How do I clean my stainless steel coffee pot?

Alex from Atlantic City

Answers:

RE: Cleaning a Stainless Steel Coffee Pot

I have a friend that uses Bon-Ami (the scouring powder) on all kind of things I thought would get scratched. It's non-abrasive so it preserves the item. That would probably get coffee stains out of SS. (12/25/2006)

By ElvisCat

The best way I have found to clean coffee pots, thermos bottles, etc. is to use denture tablets! Fill the pot or thermos bottle with warm water, drop in one or two denture tablets and let it sit for 10 or 15 minutes. Or, if its really stained, let it sit overnight. I have used this method for many years. Works terrific! (12/26/2006)

By Granny Sandy

At work we have stainless steel coffee pots. When the pots get nasty, I put dish washing detergent (enough to cover the bottom) and the hotest water that I can get from the faucet. Let sit for quite a while. Then I stick a scrubby or dual sidded sponge in and move it around. They come out as good as new. (12/28/2006)

By JMRoss

Go to the brush/broom section of a department store. Buy a good stiff bristled toilet brush with a head that will fit into your coffee pot.. Shake some non abrasive powder or vinegar into the bottom of your coffee pot, and scrub away with the brush. It cleans everything right up. Keep the toilet brush in a special spot, labled, so you can never mistaken it for the toilet LOL
      I use one in my dishwater for scrubbing pots and pans. Works like a charm, and you can use the hottest tap water without burning yourself.
      (12/29/2006)

By gouligann

When I was working in the restaurant we cleaned the pots with crushed ice and salt. The ice was the scrubber and the salt cleaned off the oils that stuck to the sides of the pot. Just put about a cup of crushed ice and a couple of teaspoons of salt in and swirl the pot around. Once a month we bleached the pots. Your home coffee pot probably wouldn't need bleach every month. (12/29/2006)

By Carla Bledsoe

Does anyone have a recipe for cleaning the inside of a stainless steel coffee pot?

Rose from Malvern, PA

Feedback:

Heat white vinegar in the pot. (06/13/2007)

By Dorie

If you mean a percolator, I use 1/8 cup of Oxiclean and a full pot of water. After perking, run two more pots of plain water through. It sparkles on the inside and all of the build up is gone. (06/15/2007)

By Beth

Pour some baking soda in, add a little bit of water, and let it sit for a few minutes. (06/23/2007)

By Bren502

Add a couple slices of lemon or 2 tbsp of lemon juice to that salt ice mixture and you are golden. (02/08/2009)

By Hugh J.

Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenNovember 1, 2012
      ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
      paint can with red paint
      Painting Stainless Steel
      A badly burned stainless steel pan
      Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
      Stainless Steel Cookware
      Switching to Stainless Steel Cookware
      Cleaning a stainless steel dishwasher.
      Cleaning Fingerprints Off Stainless Steel
      © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 11:10:41 AM on 10.0.0.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestionsArchives
      NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
      Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
      BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
      CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings