Cleaning a Stainless Steel Coffee Pot

Having a sparkling clean coffee percolator and removing coffee stains can be a challenge. This guide is about cleaning a stainless steel coffee pot.

December 30, 2013 Flag

There is a product called Dip It - you just pour a package along with boiling water into the pot and all the YUK will float to the surface and inside is shiny steel! The Dip It powder works so much better than the cleaner they also offer - you can find it anywhere!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I LOVE "DIP-IT"...but cannot find it or Brew... they are gone.. not at walmarts..not at any of the grocery stores. Not at BED BATH and BEYOND.. Not at hardware stores in the cleaning dept.. I've tried everywhere... Wonder why it was all removed???

office max can order it for delivery to you. but the label is different than the original product. this new one says "dip-it Lime-A-Way" and doesn't really mention build up of oils from coffee, which happens in my stove-top espresso maker, just says "removes build-up" and "removes hidden lime, calcium, and other water deposits..." It was $4.99 or $4.59 for 7 oz bottle. i saw the one with the original label selling on-line from a couple sources, but it's sold in a pack of eight of the 7 oz bottles. One place was bestdealsin2016.com for $29.54 and I think the other was Amazon.

Read More Comments...

October 22, 2013 Flag

To clean inside of stainless steel coffee pot, take a hand held kitchen wand. Place a steel wool pad of your choice over the scrubbing pad attached to the wand. This can be held in place by wrapping rubber bands around it. Use this to scrub around the inside of the pot. Rinse very well before then cleaning your complete coffee system with white vinegar and water.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Or just take some lime away or some unflavored koolaid, fill pot, bring koolaid to boil. Can also use this in the Mr Coffee types to clean as well. Pour in with water. Maybe it is the citric acid of the product.

See what it does for teeth?

August 2, 2007 Flag

Tired of buying expensive cleaners for your stainless steel coffeepots? Well, I don't! I just drop a dishwashing machine tablet into the pot with hot water. Let it sit for a while and rinse well.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 21, 2011 Flag

How do I clean a stainless steel coffee carafe?

By Cass from San Francisco

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Have you tried Bicarbonate of Soda? I use this a lot for cleaning mine and it works a treat! Dab a little Bicarb onto a damp cloth and rub gently, it seems to work for me! And it's not full of nasties either!

I put bleach, a very small pinch of dish soap & fill with hot water, put cover on tight, shake then let sit, rinse thoroughly after about 10-15 mins depending on amt of bleach used & severity of stains. I find this the best way when can't get a dish cloth, etc into opening of container. I do this for badly stained coffee mugs - just rinse well.

Hello, some good suggestions but be careful with using bleach as it will many times take the protective "coating" off items and they will just restain faster as the "shine" is gone. It is safe to use on glass and ceramic types like coffee cups and thermos items.

I tried all of the posted suggestions to no avail. This morning I was cleaning my oven and thought "what the heck" ... I'll try oven spray on my coffee pot. Wonder of wonders, the pot cleaned up beautifully in less than 15 minutes.

I use the identical method and it works wonderfully!!!

September 3, 2012 Flag

How do I remove coffee stains from the inside of a Cuisinart stainless steel insulated coffee pot? Nothing seems to be working and now it is very dark.

By kimmer

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try baking soda and water mix.

February 21, 2011 Flag

Does anyone have a recipe for cleaning the inside of a stainless steel coffee pot?

Rose from Malvern, PA

Answers:

Cleaning a Stainless Steel Coffee Pot

Heat white vinegar in the pot. (06/13/2007)

By Dorie

Cleaning a Stainless Steel Coffee Pot

If you mean a percolator, I use 1/8 cup of Oxiclean and a full pot of water. After perking, run two more pots of plain water through. It sparkles on the inside and all of the build up is gone. (06/15/2007)

By Beth

Cleaning a Stainless Steel Coffee Pot

Pour some baking soda in, add a little bit of water, and let it sit for a few minutes. (06/23/2007)

By Bren502

Cleaning a Stainless Steel Coffee Pot

Add a couple slices of lemon or 2 tbsp of lemon juice to that salt ice mixture and you are golden. (02/08/2009)

By Hugh J.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 12, 2007 Flag

How do I clean my stainless steel coffee pot?

Alex from Atlantic City

Answers:

Cleaning a Stainless Steel Coffee Pot

I have a friend that uses Bon-Ami (the scouring powder) on all kind of things I thought would get scratched. It's non-abrasive so it preserves the item. That would probably get coffee stains out of SS. (12/25/2006)

By ElvisCat

Cleaning a Stainless Steel Coffee Pot

The best way I have found to clean coffee pots, thermos bottles, etc. is to use denture tablets! Fill the pot or thermos bottle with warm water, drop in one or two denture tablets and let it sit for 10 or 15 minutes. Or, if its really stained, let it sit overnight. I have used this method for many years. Works terrific! (12/26/2006)

By Granny Sandy

Cleaning a Stainless Steel Coffee Pot

At work we have stainless steel coffee pots. When the pots get nasty, I put dish washing detergent (enough to cover the bottom) and the hotest water that I can get from the faucet. Let sit for quite a while. Then I stick a scrubby or dual sidded sponge in and move it around. They come out as good as new. (12/28/2006)

By JMRoss

Cleaning a Stainless Steel Coffee Pot

Go to the brush/broom section of a department store. Buy a good stiff bristled toilet brush with a head that will fit into your coffee pot.. Shake some non abrasive powder or vinegar into the bottom of your coffee pot, and scrub away with the brush. It cleans everything right up. Keep the toilet brush in a special spot, labled, so you can never mistaken it for the toilet LOL
I use one in my dishwater for scrubbing pots and pans. Works like a charm, and you can use the hottest tap water without burning yourself.
(12/29/2006)

By gouligann

Cleaning a Stainless Steel Coffee Pot

When I was working in the restaurant we cleaned the pots with crushed ice and salt. The ice was the scrubber and the salt cleaned off the oils that stuck to the sides of the pot. Just put about a cup of crushed ice and a couple of teaspoons of salt in and swirl the pot around. Once a month we bleached the pots. Your home coffee pot probably wouldn't need bleach every month. (12/29/2006)

By Carla Bledsoe

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenNovember 1, 2012
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
Stainless Steel Cookware
Switching to Stainless Steel Cookware
Cleaning a stainless steel dishwasher.
Cleaning Fingerprints Off Stainless Steel
🎉
🎄