Browsing: Crafts Using Pop Can Tabs

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Crafts Using Pop Can Tabs

Soda or pop can tabs are being reused in a variety of craft projects. This is a guide about crafts using pop can tabs.

Rainbow Bracelet
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

April 18, 2011 Flag

This is my latest creation! My fun bracelet is made from soda pop tabs. I used alcohol inks and stretch cord to transform this "junk" into stylish jewelry! They're super easy to make and fun for kids to wear.

Source: I Googled "What can I make with pop tabs?" and got results for purses and bracelets, but none were colored like this.

By Kayla

Rainbow Bracelet

October 12, 2012 Flag

Use Coke Tab to Hang a PictureIf you get a photo frame and there is no hook on the back, using a screw attach the Coke tab to the back of your frame. Then hang your picture!

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

September 17, 2010 Flag

An inexpensive way to hang items up that are not in a frame like sea shells, ceramics, or really anything for that matter, is to use a soda or beer tab top. Just attach it either by super glue or E-6000 for heavier items. I have done this for years. I always get asked "How did you get that to hang up like that?"

By xintexas from San Antonio, TX

November 6, 2004 Flag

You can make items using soda tabs, sell them and give a large percentage to the Ronald McDonald House or other children's charities.

By Patricia Bledsoe

Editor's Note: Anyone have some ideas for what can be made with soda tabs?

July 2, 2005 Flag

Using soda pop tabs for crafting is fun & easy.

Directions:

1. You will first coat the soda tab with the embossing ink (I do the fronts only.)

2. Using the tweezers, dip the soda tab into the embossing color of choice.

3. Hold the soda tab with tweezers and heat the tab with the heating embossing tool until powder is melted. Be VERY CAREFUL, it will be HOT! You will need to repeat these steps 2 or 3 times for a good coating.

These can be used as "buckles" for any craft project. Have Fun!

By KimSecret

embossed pop tab Red embossed soda pop tab

September 27, 2006 Flag

When you need something to use as a hanger for one of your craft items, just hot glue soda pop tabs to the back of your craft. Use one or two tabs depending on the width and weight of your artwork.

Pop can tab.

August 18, 2004 Flag

If you make homemade jar candles as I do, you can use pop tabs as a weight for your wicks. If you drink pop they are pretty much free!

December 24, 2014 Flag

I recently went on a volunteer trip to Jamaica to work at schools in areas with extreme poverty. One of the students at the school made this super-adorable bracelet using only soda can tabs and a shoelace. Unfortunately I don't have step-by-step pictures.

Soda Tab Bracelet

• soda can tabs
  • 1 shoelace

Related Products:

1. To make the bracelet, you simply weave the shoelace over and under two layers of soda can tabs. Start by pulling one end of the shoelace up through the top hole of a soda tab. Then thread the shoelace up through the bottom hole of the soda tab. Slide this tab to the middle of the shoelace. This is the beginning of the bracelet.
  2. Thread the top shoelace up through the top hole of a second tab (tab B) and then down through the top hole of a third tab (tab C). Thread the bottom shoelace up through the bottom hole of tab B and down through tab C. Tab C will be on the top row (and offset). Continue to weave the tabs together in this fashion until bracelet reaches the desired length.
  3. Take the each of the shoelace ends and draw them back to the beginning of the bracelet and thread them through tab A (this will allow you to tighten the bracelet).
  4. Soda Tab BraceletSoda Tab BraceletSoda Tab Bracelet

August 21, 2005 Flag

I wanted to make a soda can tab belt. But then I was thinking, what should I put on them so they won't rust?

Thanks!
~Tip

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would like to make a soda can tabs belt....require a pattern, model how to do. Thank you...in french would be even better...

faronmark AT hotmail.com

I was wondering how to make a soda pop tab bag/wallet. I've seen them but they are really expensive, and I have alot of tabs. Can you give me instructions of a pattern?

Won't rust, are Aluminum.

June 13, 2005 Flag

I was wondering what i could do with all the soda can tabs my family has. I decided a belt and/or a purse would be cool if it was made out of them. Does anyone have any idea where I
could find out how to make them? Thanks for all your help!

here's another sight for a belt:

http://quidnunc.org/tab_belt.html

The rumor about Ronald McDonald house using these is just that - a rumor. It's on Snopes.com

Sorry Susie, you are wrong. First, your answer did not addresse the posters question, which was about making belts.

There are about a dozen YouTube videos on the topic, and this is the leading Face book page on the topic

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pop-Top-Lady/119279167491

Lotta good pictures there, many craft techniques, and more importantly, craft grade tab suppliers.

Now, as for this stupid snopes page calling tab redemption a myth, which is probably the most misquoted page in all of snopes...the only urban myth to the McDonalds Article on snopes, is snopes itself. RMDH (Ronald McDonald's House) has been trying to get the snopes page on this subject removed since 2005, but the pure arrogance of snopes is that they are never wrong.

McDonalds House Charities does in fact still accept pull tabs as part of their fundraising. They have been collecting them since 1987 at MOST McDonald houses. In 1992, the McDonald's Corporation itself joined the tabs for RMDH program, making it simpler to collect tabs. You no longer have to travel to a RMDH to donate tabs, you can just go to the closest McDonalds. Your baggies, cans and boxes of tabs are loaded back on the semi's that drop off the food, and as the trucks report back to Loading hubs, tabs are unloaded, sent to the scrap yard, and the money is used to allow families to stay near their hospitalized youth.

I personally have donated 23.5 million tabs to RMDH, as in I actually walked into the building and donated them, so there is no doubt that I am right, and snopes is wrong. I would add that I account for 2.4% of all the tabs collected in this program by myself, and have organized a dozen Upper Michigan Scouting Units to collect another 40 million tabs.

It is estimated that RMDH will surpass 1 Billion tabs in the first week of August 2014

April 30, 2012 Flag

What can I do with pop can tabs? I have around 200 pop can tabs that I saved from soda cans and I don't know what to do with them.

By Marlene F.

I saw on TV news last night a young girl made a Prom dress from Pop tabs. It was well made and looked great. But alas, there were no directions on how she made the Pop tab dress.

If you have a person in your house who makes wood wall plaques these tabs can be attached to the back to hang on the wall.

Load More
Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherSeptember 19, 2012
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
little girl stringing beads while sitting on the couch
Jewelry Making Craft Ideas for Children
Pop bottle fish with colorful streamers for its tail.
Making Pop Bottle Fish
Pop Tabs
Selling Pop Tabs
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 23, 2016 at 4:54:17 AM on 10.0.0.124 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.