Browsing: Crafts Using Wine Glasses

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Crafts Using Wine Glasses

Wine glasses can be used in a variety of craft projects. This is a guide about crafts using wine glasses.

Two Wine Glasses
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 10, 2011 Flag

I would like to paint on wine goblets with gold paint. I already have 4 of them, but if I have more people I can't use them.

By Andreina B.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

What exactly do you need to know? Painting wine glasses is my new hobby, so ask away.

If you have more people, use assorted glasses. They don't have to match. I think similar sizes would be more important than matching paint.

Hobby Lobby sells a paint called Gallery Glass! It's used for making inexpensive and easy stained glass! I love it and so does my Mom!

August 26, 2008 Flag

Desperate artist here! I have some great, fun artwork I've done and would like to get in on wine and martini glasses,coasters,etc. without hand painting or baking each one! I have tried expensive waterslide decals, lazertran paper, mod podge, everything and cannot find an easy, great looking solution! I would so appreciate any feedback! The product must be somewhat waterproof, i.e. able to hand wash, etc. Thank you so much!

Roberta from Sacramento, CA

Check Delphi Glass ....they have a nice selection of paints that I think will work for you...I know friends that use the Pebeo paints with great success on glassware.

http://www.delphiglass.com/index.cfm?page=itemList&stage=2

Hope this helps.

I bought a fine glass engraving "pen" & use it to etch designs on glasses. It is battery powered. I don't know if this tip will help you at all, but I thought I would offer it. I was thinking it you painted a design on a glass, it might be interesting to add some depth with the pen.

You can buy a glass etching solution. Do a google search for glass etching.

Try and find a sandblaster in your area. It will look just like your artwork and be permanent!

If you can't find anyone let me know. I am a sandblaster here in Eureka!

November 8, 2010 Flag

Does anyone have any new and fun ways to paint on glass, especially old wine glasses? I'm looking to put Santa and snowman faces, etc. on them. Any info would be of great help.

By Robin from Dansville, NY

You will need the type of paint designed for glass. It is a special medium.

Most craft stores will have it.

Staying simple in your design will increase the charm of the picture.

If I were to receive a gift such as this, I would prefer to have an everyday design so I didn't have to put it away for the holidays. Something in grapes would be very easy to do. Or a tri-color pattern of some sort.

Be sure to paint only the outside, not the inside or the rim as most paints for glass are toxic. One brand is called Gallery Glass by Plaid. I agree with dedeswrkshop that an everyday design would probably get more use. You could always add a Xmas theme wine charm to each instead.

October 4, 2007 Flag

I recently started a job bar tending weddings at a hall, and brought home a dozen flute wine glasses that were not taken home by guests. They are not engraved, but have the bride and grooms names and wedding date printed on them. How do I safely and effectively remove the writing so that I can enjoy them myself, in my home?

Susan from Essexville, MI

What I used once, was Oven Cleaner, the old kind in a jar. It took the printing off slick. Also removed some kind of stickie paper from an Antique Glass door and it worked wonderfully. After a warm water rince, I used Vinegar last. Good luck.

I scraped writing off of some champagne glasses with one of those Red Devil type, one sided blade scrapers. It was very easy.

How about nail polish remover?

October 2, 2007 Flag

At a craft fair last week-end I saw the cutest thing to do with old wine glasses. Turn them upside down and take trim with beads on it and glue it to the edge of the base. The beads or trim will hang down towards the glass and make a nice border. On what was the bottom of the glass stem is where you set a candle. You could put anything you like inside them to make them even fancier. I think it would be a great way to use old glasses and make a fancy, inexpensive centerpiece.

By Chris from Oshkosh, WI

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts Glass ArtOctober 17, 2012
Handmade wine cork corkboard
Recycled Wine Cork Bulletin Board
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 10:30:52 AM on 10.0.0.111 in 874 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.