Wine Glasses as Candleholders

At a craft fair last week-end I saw the cutest thing to do with old wine glasses. Turn them upside down and take trim with beads on it and glue it to the edge of the base. The beads or trim will hang down towards the glass and make a nice border. On what was the bottom of the glass stem is where you set a candle. You could put anything you like inside them to make them even fancier. I think it would be a great way to use old glasses and make a fancy, inexpensive centerpiece.

By Chris from Oshkosh, WI

Anonymous

I have used wine glasses as candleholders during the holiday season. At Christmas, I fill the wine glasses with rock salt and position a votive candle in the salt. I tie a Christmas ribbon around the stem; when the candle is lit, the rock salt glistens. I have some stem glasses I got from a fast food restaurant during the Christmas season with snow scenes on them; when the votive candle is lit with the rock salt in them, the snow scene really shows up. The large Brandy snifter glasses make nice candleholders also and you can embellish them also. I have used old bracelets that have the elastic strung through them to go over the stem of the wine glasses and the bracelets sit at the bottom on the base of the wine glass; very pretty effect.