Crockpot Kalua Pork Recipes

Category Pork
Crockpot Kalua Pork
Get a taste of Hawaii with this slow cooker kalua pork recipe. This guide contains crockpot kahlua pork recipes.

This is the easiest recipe! There are only three ingredients, practically no prep and it tastes just like you are in Hawaii. I made it for a potluck with a friend who has very severe allergies. Everyone loved it.

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 8-12 hours

Total Time: 8-12 hours

Yield: 10+

• 1 pork loin (5-8 lbs)
  • Hawaiian sea salt
  • 1 bottle liquid smoke*

*Be sure to check the ingredients on the liquid smoke. Most contain only liquid smoke extract and water but other have additional ingredients which you may not want.

1. Puncture the loin all over with a sharp knife and rub with sea salt. If your pork loin is too long to fit in the crockpot, cut it in half.
  2. Pour 1 bottle of liquid smoke over the top and start the crockpot.
  3. Cook it 8-12 hours on low. If you need it faster, you can start it on high and then turn it down.
  4. Ad

5. The pork will shred easily by using two forks. Mix it with the juices and it is ready to serve.

We have served it with sautéed cabbage and rice, on buns as a pulled pork sandwich, as a base for tacos or enchiladas. I have some leftover that I threw in the freezer for soups later in the year.

Anonymous

A whole bottle of Liquid Smoke? That seems excessive.

That was the recipe as given to me by my friend. I was nervous about it too but it came out delicious. The liquid smoke is just smoke flavored water, it's entirely clear The bottles are pretty small and very inexpensive. If someone tries it with less liquid smoke, please tell us how it turned out.