DIY Shower Scrub Brush
I hate cleaning my shower, it takes alot of elbow grease.
I saw these awesome scrub brushes that attach to a cordless drill, I think it's a great idea, but I didn't want to pay $16 for one brush. So I've made my own.
This is what you'll need:
- cordless drill
- safety glasses
- new toilet brush - rounded cone shape with a straight small diameter handle
- hacksaw/sawzall or another cutting device to cut the handle on the toilet brush
- Get your toilet brush, cut the handle off about 1 -2 inches from the brush head.
- Grab your drill, open the chuck, insert the handle of the toilet brush, then tighten.
- Get your favorite cleaner, note if you're using a wet cleaner it's a good idea to wear some safety glasses, as the spinning brush will spit cleaner at you.
- Apply your cleaner, and start in with your new power scrubby brush!
- Keep the brush moving so you don't burn into your shower surround, use common sense, use just enough pressure on the drill to remove the dirt and grime.
- Keep your drill dry, don't put it under water, or spray cleaner on it.
- Remove the brush from the drill to rinse it off.
Wah lah you have a clean shower! And it was almost fun.
Source: drill brush on Amazon
By akyramoto from CA
Read feedback for this post below.
Click here to post feedback.
Way too much work involvement! But if it works great for you... that's the main thing.
Maybe you could just tape a clear plastic bag over the back of the drill temporarily to protect it from cleaner splashes. :-)
I love this idea! Going to pick me up a toilet brush on next trip to store! You are so clever!
I definitely have to try this. I have trouble scrubbing things, but this should really help.
Add your voice to the conversation.