Dog Peeing Inside House

My 2 year old mini-s
Schnauzer has urinated multiple times on new carpeting. She has 24 hr. access outside via a doggy door. She never has done this since trained as a puppy. I am sick and at my wits end. She gets reprimanded each and every time. She just did it when I was even home. I need some advice on what to do. I have her sister as well who does not do this.

H J Schneider from Aurora, CO

Answers:

Dog Peeing Inside House

First of all, don't reprimand unless you find her in the act of peeing. I know this is hard but don't do it. Make sure you clean the areas really well. I use white vinegar, but I am sure she still can smell it. (04/04/2006)

By Sandy

Dog Peeing Inside House

Yes, please check the archives. I have answered this one a few times and it always comes back to crating your dog. When nothing else will seem to work, crate them, they (and you) are really happier for it. There is plenty of info out on the web. It also makes for easier travel and boarding experiences. (04/07/2006)

By irishkilbride