Domestic Longhair Breed Information and Photos

Category Cat Breeds
Domestic Longhair
The domestic longhair is technically not a breed recognized by many cat associations. These mixed breed cats, can be found in many colors and temperaments. This is a guide about domestic long hair breed information and photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Bailey is 8 years old and a domestic long haired cat. Bailey and his sister were given to me 8 years ago. Bailey prefers to be a loner. He has 11 other cats to interact with but prefers to go off by himself.

By Ragteller from Tofield, AB Canada

Bailey (Domestic Longhair)

Comment Like this photo? 21

This is Sissy, I am unsure of her age, she was a stray, but the vet says she was pretty old. She passed away last Monday, November 8, 2010. She was a Long Haired Domestic. Sissy was a stray who visited me at night for food I left outside. It took me a year of sitting with her before she'd let me touch her. After that, she'd sit on my lap under a blanket in the fall and I was finally able to take her inside and keep her.

She loved to play with pipe cleaners! Sissy was the first of all the cats I've owned who loved to sit on me all the time. If I was sitting, she was on my lap or thrown over my left shoulder. She had a thing about always being on the left shoulder or she would sit on your leg, but it was always the LEFT leg!

She was a very touchy, snuggly girl who'd had a rough outdoor life. She'd had a broken arm that hadn't healed so there was a bump on the bone, and her canine teeth were missing except for one. I fed her canned food so it was easy on her old teeth. It hasn't been a week yet, but I miss this girl so much, and I know I'll never have another like her.

By Krystal

Sissy (Long Haired Domestic)

Comment Like this photo? 21

Fluffy is a 12 year old long hair domestic cat. She arrived at my daughter's back door, only a few weeks old as a tiny ball of black fur. Then she was brought to us. My daughter thought that Fluffy would be happier here, and she is. She is a member of the family.

Unfortunately, she loves to chase birds, and have adventures in my garden. When I am gardening, she is never far from me. When I sit a spell, she hops up beside me (unless she spots a bird). Fluffy wears a bell to warn the birds.

By jay jay

Fluffy (Long Hair Domestic)

Comment Like this photo? 12

Your Pet's Breed
Domestic Longhair

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
She seems to think that sitting on the ornaments will help them get onto the tree. Oy indeed!

Comment Like this photo? 11

Your Pet's Age
2 years old

Your Pet's Breed
Domestic Long Hair

How and when did you get your pet?
Her mama showed up at our door, pregnant and hungry. The rest is history!

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Fuzzy is my inquisitive sweetie and recently both she and her mom kept vigil over my bed while I recovered from an illness. So cute!

Our pets depend on our love. Please spay and neuter!

Comment Like this photo? 10

Lilly Lulu is a 2 year old Domestic Long Hair. We got our beautiful Lilly when a girl posted her for free on Craigslist. This young lady was off to college and could not care for her anymore. Well, needless to say I jumped at the chance at giving this beautiful girl a home.

We went and got her in the next town over and brought her home. Lilly was shy at first, but she came around quickly. Lilly now is the Queen of the house, she has 3 brothers. A 14 1/2 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi and 2 domestic short hairs, Bears and Pie-Pie.

They all sleep together on our bed, and she wakes me promptly at 4 am for her treat. She is VERY spoiled; we love her dearly. Lilly likes to torment our Corgi. She will chase Tucker down the hallway and then turn and he will chase her back, it's sooo cute to watch.

We rescued Lilly. The girl I got her from said she would bring her to the shelter if she didn't find a new home for her. I am so glad I found her on Craigslist.

By Sherri from Rohnert Park, CA

Lilly Lulu, Orange Cat, Sitting Garden

Comment Like this photo? 11

Fuzzy Wuzzy is a 10 month old domestic longhair. Fuzzy's mom showed up at my door, very pregnant, last year on Labor Day. She gave birth to 5 kittens (including Fuzzy) and I found good homes for 4 of them and kept both Fuzzy and her mom- Little Orphan Annie.

Kitten in hanging potted plant.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

Fuzzy is a 1 year old long hair domestic cat. Her mom showed up pregnant at our door a year ago! She likes to climb, onto the roof, trees, cars, curtains, the cupboard, anywhere! She is my only "baby" now and great company

Gray and white long hair cat.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

Hoku is a 9 year old longhair cat. Hoku is a very special friend and came to comfort me after my previous kitty had passed. I love watching him play with his other housemates, 6 cats and 3 dogs.

Hoku the Cat in Paper Bag

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Pita is a 1 1/2 year old long hair cat. This crazy kitty hitched a ride home with us via the spare tire under our van from the grocery store 20 miles away. This was in November 2010, and Pita was about 12 weeks old at the time.

Pita (Longhair Cat), a grey and white cat on a couch.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

My little cat Fuzzy always knows when I am packing to go somewhere and I end up finding her nestled in one of my bags. It looks like she wants to join me!

Can I come?

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Her stray mom (little Orphan Annie) showed up at our door, starving and pregnant one day.

cute gray and white kitten next to Jack O' Lantern

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 16

Fuzzy was 3 weeks old in the photo, but 11 1/2 months now! She is a domestic long hair cat. Fuzzy was born this time last year after her mom showed up at our door.

A gray and white kitten sitting on a chair with a painted path behind.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Fuzzy has the ability to look so innocent after digging up my most recent planting. I think she thought she was helping me!

gray and white kitty

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

We got Fuzzy when her mom was dumped because she was pregnant. We found good homes for the other 4 kittens born and kept Fuzzy and her mom.

Fuzzy under the tree among the gifts

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

Paris is 7 months old and a domestic longhair. My mama cat Julie had her. She likes to play with her feather toy. She loves to lay on your lap and be spoiled and get into everything.

Paris (Domestic Longhair)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

I have to laugh when we sit down to have a meal and our little kitten Fuzzy takes a seat at the table, like she's waiting for us to serve her!

Kitty sitting at table.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Bugsy is 1 year old, he just had his birthday! He is a Domestic Long Hair. From 50 feet away, I spotted my baby curled up in a ball behind a plexiglass display case at a shameful mall pet store.

Bugsy (Domestic Long Hair)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Fuzzy was born here along with her 4 siblings from an abandoned momma cat, who we named Little Orphan Annie and kept as well.

Fuzzy Softbottom

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

Fuzzy is the nosiest cat I've owned. I can't do anything without her climbing into, on, and under my projects.

Fuzzy wrapped up in ribbon with a bell attached.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

Fuzzy likes to take naps on my bed.

long hair cat with white paws

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

Fluffy Cat is about 2 months old. I posted Hades last week, it's his sister's kitten (he is NOT the father). He likes to scratch up the decorative driftwood on the patio.

Fluffy Cat

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

My cat's name is Merlin. He is 7 1/2 months old and a black longhair. We got him on Halloween last year.

Merlin (Black Longhair)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes