Domestic Shorthair Cat Information and Photos

The domestic shorthair is not an actual breed, but rather a mixed breed cat with short sleek hair. Due to its mixed ancestry their behavioral characteristics are difficult to predict. This is a guide about domestic shorthair cat information and photos.

Showing 24 Articles of 67 Total

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

December 9, 2015 Flag

Your Pet's Age
2 yrs

Your Pet's Breed
Domestic Shorthair

How and when did you get your pet?
Rambo chose us. He was a tiny stray working his charm and waltzing in and out of 3 homes on our block. We couldn't really take in anymore pets at the time so we all hid from each other the fact that each of us had been secretly feeding him and bringing him in the house to sleep. Eventually, the truth came out and we discovered he had been playing us all plus 2 other homes. After a few months of him coming and going, one day he just stayed and decided he no longer wanted to bounce around. We were glad he stayed. We are his family now. This is his forever home. This is where he belongs.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Rambo is a giant kitten. He loves to hide from the other pets and jump out right as they are unknowingly passing by him in his hiding spot. They catch quite a bit of air as they jump from him startling them. It never gets old to watch.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
When Rambo walked into our lives we already had our hands full with the pets we had before him. We didn't think we could take in another one. But we weren't able to say no to him. We had room in our hearts and we made room in our home for him. He had us at hello. Besides, Rambo wasn't going to take no for answer. When he decided this is where he was going to stay, we were glad.

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Thank you.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

December 4, 2014 Flag

Your Pet's Age
3

Your Pet's Breed
Domestic Shorthair

How and when did you get your pet?
A co-worker found him after he was kicked across a room and thrown out a window. She knew my wife and I rescued cats so she brought him to us. We helped him heal, mostly with love and patience because he has PTSD.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Chases his own tail, loves to bite my toes when I'm sleeping and shadows his "big brother" wherever he goes!

He is a miracle!

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Thank You for your comments! We do love him with all our heart and i would die before anything or anybody ever hurt him again! He is our little Angel. :-)

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

February 15, 2016 Flag

Annie Exercising???

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I just had to laugh while exercising and I turned around and saw Annie sitting on our couch with her leg up. Maybe she was trying to do exercises too?

May 10, 2013 Flag

Cat in box.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Tinka was the last kitten in the litter. She had a heart murmur and nobody wanted her. We took her home with us in 2003 and we love her to bits.

January 11, 2017 Flag

Oscar (Domestic Shorthair Cat) - cat in a box on the floor

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I got him from the RSPCA when he was about 18 months old. I brought home some fruit from the market in this cardboard box a week ago and it's been cluttering up the floor of my kitchen since, because it's become Oscar's favourite day (and night) bed since it arrived. I just have to wait for him to get sick of it.

May 9, 2009 Flag

Isis (Domestic Shorthair)

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Isis is just over one year old Domestic Shorthair cat. We got her from a farm in the next county. I picked her because she is almost identical to my dog Lily.

September 28, 2010 Flag

Gidget (Domestic Short Hair)

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Gidget is a 3 year old Domestic Short Hair cat. Gidget was an abandoned kitten that I rescued when she was only 8 weeks old. She was dumped along our road along with another kitten. They stayed together until the other kitten ventured off.

October 4, 2010 Flag

Harry (Domestic Short Hair)

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Harry is a 4 year old Domestic Short Hair Cat. I was boarding Harry and his brother Bert for my nephew. Nephew's dog didn't like Bert - tried to kill him. I refused to give the cats back to him. He was happy about it.

November 27, 2009 Flag

China Girl (Domestic Shorthair)

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

China Girl is a 16 year old Domestic short hair cat. I obtained China Girl 14 years ago as a rescue. Her former owner was moving and unable to take her. China Girl was suppose to be put to sleep the day I got her.

September 9, 2011 Flag

An orange cat sleeping in a crib.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Tigger is a 2 year old domestic cat. My Tigger was born on August 5, 2009. He was born under my bed and was the loudest kitten I have ever heard in my life!

April 29, 2014 Flag

Juan (Cat)

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Our rescue kitty, Juan, is delighted with his new toy. A friend brought it back from a trip to South America.

February 21, 2011 Flag

Belle (Domestic Short Hair)

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Belle is our year old short hair domesticated cat. We adopted her from the animal shelter in our town. She will chase anything that moves, eat bugs, and hiss at my husband.

December 19, 2016 Flag

cat sitting on upholstered formal couch

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I saw her online from my local Humane Society and she had been relocated to a pet store as a last ditch effort to get adopted. She adored basking in the sun and cuddling, that was complete fun for her.

May 21, 2009 Flag

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Gracie is a 4 year old Domestic Shorthair cat. We found her behind a dumpster in 2007. She likes to sleep and eat all the time. She is so lovable.

October 17, 2016 Flag

cat with light saber

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

We adopted Ibby from a cat rescue when he was 8 weeks old. Ibby loved cat nip, food, purring and kissing Mommy. He also sat up on his back legs to look around, like a prairie dog. Running laps at 4 a.m. was his exercise and he did it with gusto!

March 17, 2010 Flag

Peppermint Patty

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Peppermint Patty is 5 years young. She is a domestic short hair, black and white, beauty and full of the devil. I saw her on the internet at a local rescue in Smyrna, DE.

February 22, 2015 Flag

gray and black cat

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

She was born about a week ago.

May 13, 2013 Flag

Tabby cat.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Local barn cat that was looking for work...

September 29, 2015 Flag

gray and white cat

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I found her on my doorstep, pregnant and scared. She likes to stay as close to me as possible! I love her!

January 16, 2012 Flag

A boy lying with his orange cat, Tigger.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

My son and his cat are practically inseparable and I'm always taking pictures of them. This morning my son woke up and Tigger immediately got in the bed to snuggle. The sun was hitting them just right and I couldn't resist taking this picture!

December 30, 2015 Flag

Ping as Bond

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I got him about 11-1/2 years ago, I saw Ping's picture on Petfinder. I drove 2-1/2 hours and arrived at the rescue shelter. After holding and playing with him for a few minutes, I felt an instant bond. I adopted him and he is a wonderful addition to our family.

July 22, 2010 Flag

Briquette (Domestic Shorthair)

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Briquette (Brie) is a Four month old Domestic Shorthair. I fostered her and her siblings from the Wisconsin Humane Society. They were feral and she was the pick of the litter.

February 1, 2011 Flag

Bella (Domestic Shorthair)

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This is Bella, my 6 year old kitty. I went to a local shelter and she was about 2 months old, a tiny little thing (hard to believe I know, lol). She was found at about 6 weeks old alone in a park.

August 24, 2016 Flag

Toothless a black cat

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Toothless and his brother Torch (both names from "How to Train Your Dragon" TV show) were found as 6-week-old kittens in a McDonald's parking lot on a rainy cold October day. They were vetted, neutered, and now enjoy life on our farm as mousers and pets.

Load More
Pets Cats Cat BreedsJune 27, 2013
Exotic Shorthair Kitten
Exotic Shorthair - Breed Information and Photos
Tabby Cat
Tabby Breed Information and Photos
German Shorthair Pointer
German Shorthair Pointer Breed Information and Photos
British Shorthair
British Shorthair - Breed Information and Photos
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 1:56:32 AM on 10.0.1.80 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.