Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Domestic Shorthair Cat Information and Photos

The domestic shorthair is not an actual breed, but rather a mixed breed cat with short sleek hair. Due to its mixed ancestry their behavioral characteristics are difficult to predict. This is a guide about domestic shorthair cat information and photos.

Showing 24 Articles of 67 Total

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Your Pet's Age
2 yrs

Your Pet's Breed
Domestic Shorthair

How and when did you get your pet?
Rambo chose us. He was a tiny stray working his charm and waltzing in and out of 3 homes on our block. We couldn't really take in anymore pets at the time so we all hid from each other the fact that each of us had been secretly feeding him and bringing him in the house to sleep. Eventually, the truth came out and we discovered he had been playing us all plus 2 other homes. After a few months of him coming and going, one day he just stayed and decided he no longer wanted to bounce around. We were glad he stayed. We are his family now. This is his forever home. This is where he belongs.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Rambo is a giant kitten. He loves to hide from the other pets and jump out right as they are unknowingly passing by him in his hiding spot. They catch quite a bit of air as they jump from him startling them. It never gets old to watch.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
When Rambo walked into our lives we already had our hands full with the pets we had before him. We didn't think we could take in another one. But we weren't able to say no to him. We had room in our hearts and we made room in our home for him. He had us at hello. Besides, Rambo wasn't going to take no for answer. When he decided this is where he was going to stay, we were glad.

Comment Like this photo? 11

Thank you.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

December 4, 2014 Flag

Your Pet's Age
3

Your Pet's Breed
Domestic Shorthair

How and when did you get your pet?
A co-worker found him after he was kicked across a room and thrown out a window. She knew my wife and I rescued cats so she brought him to us. We helped him heal, mostly with love and patience because he has PTSD.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Chases his own tail, loves to bite my toes when I'm sleeping and shadows his "big brother" wherever he goes!

He is a miracle!

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Thank You for your comments! We do love him with all our heart and i would die before anything or anybody ever hurt him again! He is our little Angel. :-)

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Annie Exercising???

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 16

I just had to laugh while exercising and I turned around and saw Annie sitting on our couch with her leg up. Maybe she was trying to do exercises too?

Cat in box.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 20

Tinka was the last kitten in the litter. She had a heart murmur and nobody wanted her. We took her home with us in 2003 and we love her to bits.

Isis (Domestic Shorthair)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 18

Isis is just over one year old Domestic Shorthair cat. We got her from a farm in the next county. I picked her because she is almost identical to my dog Lily.

Harry (Domestic Short Hair)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 33

Harry is a 4 year old Domestic Short Hair Cat. I was boarding Harry and his brother Bert for my nephew. Nephew's dog didn't like Bert - tried to kill him. I refused to give the cats back to him. He was happy about it.

Gidget (Domestic Short Hair)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 22

Gidget is a 3 year old Domestic Short Hair cat. Gidget was an abandoned kitten that I rescued when she was only 8 weeks old. She was dumped along our road along with another kitten. They stayed together until the other kitten ventured off.

China Girl (Domestic Shorthair)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 14

China Girl is a 16 year old Domestic short hair cat. I obtained China Girl 14 years ago as a rescue. Her former owner was moving and unable to take her. China Girl was suppose to be put to sleep the day I got her.

Oscar (Domestic Shorthair Cat) - cat in a box on the floor

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

I got him from the RSPCA when he was about 18 months old. I brought home some fruit from the market in this cardboard box a week ago and it's been cluttering up the floor of my kitchen since, because it's become Oscar's favourite day (and night) bed since it arrived. I just have to wait for him to get sick of it.

Juan (Cat)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Our rescue kitty, Juan, is delighted with his new toy. A friend brought it back from a trip to South America.

An orange cat sleeping in a crib.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 12

Tigger is a 2 year old domestic cat. My Tigger was born on August 5, 2009. He was born under my bed and was the loudest kitten I have ever heard in my life!

Belle (Domestic Short Hair)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Belle is our year old short hair domesticated cat. We adopted her from the animal shelter in our town. She will chase anything that moves, eat bugs, and hiss at my husband.

Comment Like this photo? 8

Gracie is a 4 year old Domestic Shorthair cat. We found her behind a dumpster in 2007. She likes to sleep and eat all the time. She is so lovable.

gray and black cat

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

She was born about a week ago.

Peppermint Patty

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

Peppermint Patty is 5 years young. She is a domestic short hair, black and white, beauty and full of the devil. I saw her on the internet at a local rescue in Smyrna, DE.

Ping as Bond

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

I got him about 11-1/2 years ago, I saw Ping's picture on Petfinder. I drove 2-1/2 hours and arrived at the rescue shelter. After holding and playing with him for a few minutes, I felt an instant bond. I adopted him and he is a wonderful addition to our family.

cat with light saber

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

We adopted Ibby from a cat rescue when he was 8 weeks old. Ibby loved cat nip, food, purring and kissing Mommy. He also sat up on his back legs to look around, like a prairie dog. Running laps at 4 a.m. was his exercise and he did it with gusto!

cat sitting on upholstered formal couch

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

I saw her online from my local Humane Society and she had been relocated to a pet store as a last ditch effort to get adopted. She adored basking in the sun and cuddling, that was complete fun for her.

Tabby cat.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

Local barn cat that was looking for work...

gray and white cat

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

I found her on my doorstep, pregnant and scared. She likes to stay as close to me as possible! I love her!

A boy lying with his orange cat, Tigger.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 13

My son and his cat are practically inseparable and I'm always taking pictures of them. This morning my son woke up and Tigger immediately got in the bed to snuggle. The sun was hitting them just right and I couldn't resist taking this picture!

Bubba Dump (Domestic Short Hair)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

We joke that we bought a cat and got a free house. The previous owners were going to "dispose of him", but look at that face? He was only about a year old and sneezing blood on the back door window so off to the vet he went for a full exam. We had him fixed and de-wormed. He was immunized and moved indoors.

Bella (Domestic Shorthair)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 12

This is Bella, my 6 year old kitty. I went to a local shelter and she was about 2 months old, a tiny little thing (hard to believe I know, lol). She was found at about 6 weeks old alone in a park.

Briquette (Domestic Shorthair)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Briquette (Brie) is a Four month old Domestic Shorthair. I fostered her and her siblings from the Wisconsin Humane Society. They were feral and she was the pick of the litter.

Load More
Pets Cats Cat BreedsJune 27, 2013
Exotic Shorthair Kitten
Exotic Shorthair - Breed Information and Photos
Tabby Cat
Tabby Breed Information and Photos
German Shorthair Pointer
German Shorthair Pointer Breed Information and Photos
British Shorthair
British Shorthair - Breed Information and Photos
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 27, 2017 at 1:25:57 PM on 10.0.1.145 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.