Donating Craft Supplies

sewing and yarn supplies
You can share of all kinds of your unused crafting supplies to assisted living, childcare centers, churches and other nonprofit organizations. This is a guide about donating crafting supplies.

I am a big-time crafter with yarns. I do crochet, knit, and plastic canvas, and some latch hook. Basically if it has to do with yarn I do it. Which means I always have a huge amount of yarn here, and I also have well over 100 pattern books and pattern leaflets too.

I have put it in my will that all of my crafting materials are to go to an adult care center or a nursing home. Whichever one that will take it. I didn't specify a particular place because their situation may change and they may not be able to take it.

But this way I know that all my years worth of collecting this stuff won't go to waste when I die. And since I don't have any family to leave it to, I know that someone will get it and appreciate it.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

Read 6 Comments

Has anyone ever thought about what will happen to all of our craft things when we die? It's kind of a morbid thing to think about, I know, but has anyone ever thought about it? I did, and actually put it into my will what I want done with it.

Like most of us, I have tons of craft things. In my case it's bins and bins full of yarns of all kinds, plus I'd say I have at least 4-500 pattern books (that's not including all the ones I have on flash drives that I've downloaded. That must be at least another 5-600!). Plus all the doodads that go with it, crochet hooks, knitting needles, stitch counters, stitch markers, and rulers. I'm sure everyone knows what-all else!

Anyway, I put it into my will for all my craft supplies to go to the local "old folks home". I'm sure the ladies (and some of the men too) would love to have it. They could craft to their hearts content!

By Cricket from NC

Read 5 Comments

When I was art director for Bible School, I would setup boxes in the schools with the request they ask parents before donating, and they would dump their old supplies in the last day of school.

This was wonderful for our art projects, the glue bottles would be filled from our gallons of glue purchased; pencils, erasers, colors, markers, even scissors, rulers could be sorted and some things sent off to missions as school supplies.

A "TWOFER" recycle. This would be our supply of colors through out the year, you could make things with the spent crayons, shaving them, etc.

By Grandma J from Benson, MN

Read 1 Comment

Teachers spend so much of their own money on materials for the classes. They are always happy to receive old magazines and used craft items. Color books have so many uses for children's crafts, especially seasonal type of pictures. Unused bottles of glue, beads, wall paper end pieces. Even string. There isn't much they can't use. Of course leave out glass and other dangerous stuff.

By Ardis

Read 1 Comment

If you have an excessive amount of yarn, it would be great to donate it to a school, nursing home, or someone that needs it for a special project. This is a guide about donating yarn.

balls of yarn

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

When cleaning out your fabric stash, consider donating the fabric you can't use to charity. This is a guide about donating fabric to charity.

Fabric

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Donate your craft items that you know you won't use to a local shelter workshop. Many shelter workshops do not have work for the clients to do on a consistent basis, yet they still need something to do while there.

I have a lot of scrapbooking supplies that I am looking to donate to a good cause that will get some use out of them. Any ideas of any in the central Minnesota area?

Any local elementary school or even an art teacher in middle of high school would be so grateful to receive scrapbooking supplies. Also, any church children's director would be delighted to have paper supplies for children to use, especially during Vacation Bible School.

I have craft kits that have all the the necessary parts. I need a place to donate them. I have kits for a stamped cross stitch tree shirt and pot holders, some latch hook large seasonal banners, felt gift card and ornaments, bubble beads for making coasters and a napkin holder, and plastic canvas for coasters and ornaments.

Sophia, I have a few Herrschner stamped for cross stitch kits I ordered in 2004 and haven't got to. Can I ship them to you? They are complete and large enough for older folks to be able to see. Please let me know. I will ship them right away and I will pay the shipping.

I make beaded necklaces and earrings. I have a number of beads I know I will never use and would like to donate them. These are good quality beads made from glass and stone. Any suggestions?

My name is Eva Myers, I am 64 years old, I also design and make jewelry ,I also work with clay, crochet ,etc. I was in a bad accident at my job and everything to a stop. I am starting over and would love it if I could some supplies of all kinds, anything would help ,its like an answer to a prayer .I worked at a Strawbridges here in N. j. I sold furniture, carpets, rugs bedding and did some interior decorating. I realy miss working, but I can barely walk now I am looking at about 3 surgeries, but I don,t just sit in my room , but I can't stand or walk much. I need books or magazines. I make it month to month , but I am blessed, I still live and feel like I,m being taken care of like one of God,s children. It would be perfect if I could get help.

Thank you for listening to me, I know I probably babbled to much,but again thank you

Eva Myers

617 N.White Horse Pike

Apt#2

Laurel Springs

N.J. 08021

My phone is being fixed,the storm knocked out the line

I have fabric, yardage as well as remnants, and yarn of varying types, fancy to basic, and would like to donate. I also have doll making supplies, heads, bodies, hair, etc. I have inherited these craft supplies and would like to donate in the Bakersfield, Visalia, Fresno, California area. Any suggestions?

By Theresa T.

Seniors that my Center would love to have these items just starting out please contact me Sophia at 303-476-3629

I am downsizing and have some craft supplies to purge - stuffed animal patterns, felt, fabric, pipecleaners, etc. I do not have large quantities of anything, but would love to donate what I have to anyone in the Minneapolis area who could put them to use.

If anyone has GREETING CARDS or CALENDARS they'd like to see put to good use, I would be delighted to receive them. I'm an environmental educator and teach repurposed workshops to kids of all ages! Send to: Casey, Earth Inspired Crafts and Education, PO Box 1981, Allen, TX 75013-1981. Thank you SO MUCH!

I have tons of beads and jewelry making supplies to donate to some organization that would really enjoy them, but do not know who or how to go about doing this.

By Jill B.

Hi John my name is Sophia just starting out a senior crafts program in Colorado would love to pay for shipping for your items please contact Sophia at 303-476-3629

I have about a truck load of material/fabric to get rid of. My mother-in-law passed and one whole room is full. I also have knitting needles, quilting supplies, and anything for sewing and crafting I'm sure she has. I will donate to a good cause or sell really cheap.

Where do you live? If you are computer savvy, you can put the whole lot on Craigslist and make a little money. Or, donate to the local nursing home, sewing guild, or look at the local charity places around your town and do a little at each. I am sure she would be very proud.