Donating Needlepoint Canvases

Where can I donate needlepoint canvases?

Do you have an artist center in your town? If so, someone there may want them.

Places like Goodwill and Salvation Army take them also.

I can tell you there is money in selling these on eBay (both finished and unfinished samplers).

Here is a idea of how people sell them--either as one piece at a time or lots (which is grouping of items and the easiest way to sell) and the money that can be made from them:

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=vintage+needlework...

If you need hints and tips on how to sell online, I am happy to help. I have an appreciation for the art having been an avid cross-stitcher when I was much younger.

Post back if you need more info!

Offer it for free on Freecycle or Craigslist. I saw a few just the other day on Freecycle.

Donate to a class that teach needle point, or ask one of your family members,so that your art can pass on through generations.

It looks like you maybe have some complete kits and these are usually one of the popular items on eBay (especially vintage - several years old).

Sold listings on eBay:

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=needlepoint...

If you decide to sell you can always look at several of the items and see how they present their kits (but these will usually sell with or without the treads).

If you do not wish to go that route, I would like to recommend taking them to your local Hospice Thrift store as they do wonderful work and almost all proceeds go toward helping their patients (as once someone enters Hospice care there are no charges made to the family as their services are free).

Crafts AdviceAugust 13, 2019
📓
🌻
🎂