Browsing: Earning Income for Online Surveys

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Earning Income for Online Surveys

It is important to be careful when considering earning extra money with this kind of activity. This guide is about earning income for online surveys.

Computer Mouse and Survey
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 11, 2010 Flag

Swag Bucks is a Scam! I love being able to sign up at a site and be rewarded for participating in all of the offers available. It is fun, you meet cool people, and you win prizes. Swag Bucks allows you to search the web, participate in surveys, complete daily polls, find swag codes, and refer friends all the while rewarding you with swagbucks. Swagbucks can then be spent on prizes ($5 Amazon gift card is 450 swagbucks). You can also spend swagbucks on swagstakes (contests). Sounds good so far, huh? Here it comes.

Another way to earn swagbucks is to participate in special offers. These offers may require a purchase or they may be completely free. I participated in several offers. Within the offer description it states that the swagbucks are awarded immediately. I waited 7 days and my account never received credit. I sent a email inquiry and I did not receive a response for two weeks. Once my inquires were addressed, I received lame excuses like, clean out your cookies and remove your browser history. These are not valid reasons why my account did not receive credit. I submitted the email confirmations of the offers and the offer ID numbers to prove the offers were legitimately completed, and still my account has not been properly credited. I have since learned from lots of other members that participate in the site, to stay far away from the special offers because you never receive the swagbucks to your account. This repeated pattern of behavior is fraud.

Swagbucks is a sham. This site receives a nice referral fee from these companies for guiding people to these special offers, but for Swag Bucks to not properly credit accounts for offers that were legitimately completed is foul. Beware of the special offers with Swag Bucks.

Oh, that 450 swagbucks you need to receive a $5 Amazon gift card it is more like 500 to 520 swagbucks to redeem the gift card. If you have 450 the system will not allow you to cash in to receive the gift card. Yeah, this website is foul.

By mg21 from Minneapolis, MN

November 17, 2011 Flag

A great price on a handbag from T.J. MaxxIt's been many years since I purchased a brand new handbag for myself. At first, I searched thrift stores and estate sales and didn't find anything to my liking. Either the purses were too big, too small or too old fashioned.

There is a T.J. Maxx Store that recently opened in my area. I had purchased a few things over the summer months and applied for their TJX Rewards Plantinum MasterCard where rewards can be earned when I shop. The customer can earn 5 points per $1 spent at T.J. Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods, or earn 1 point per $1 spent everywhere else where MasterCard is accepted. For every 1,000 points earned the customer receives a $10 reward certificate.

Whenever I went shopping instead of paying in cash I used my TJX Rewards Plantinum MasterCard. Within a short period of time, I earned two $10 reward certificates. I also had an extra $20 check stashed away that I had received from doing online surveys. I went to the bank to cash my $20 check and added that money along with the two rewards certificates. So now I had $40 to spend on anything in the store.

The handbags were located in the front of the store, and didn't really want to spend a lot of time in shopping for one. Some I looked at were really out of my price range, especially those priced at $69.99 and higher. I removed a handbag from the top hook priced at $39.99, and that was the only one of it's kind.

All of the sudden, the alarm lock on the purse started beeping and then I got scared thinking that I would be be accused of attempting to steal the purse. I had to think fast then I took the purse to customer service and explained that I was only looking at it when the alarm went off. The sales clerk assured me that it happens quite often, then she took a key and shut off the alarm.

I picked up the purse, walked over to the display and was ready to hang it up and keep right on searching for one I was to buy. But a thought hit me, the purse was trying to tell me, BUY ME, BUY ME! The purse cost me a whopping $3.20 the price of the sales tax.

What a bargain!

By MCW from LEWISTON, NY

August 15, 2013 Flag

This site is a site I have tried. I did about two weeks worth of surveys. I earned 140 opinion points and cashed out through Paypal for fourteen dollars.

October 2, 2008 Flag

I signed up for surveys that you get points for answering. They give rewards of either merchandise or cash. For the last 4 years each October, I turn in the points for gift cards or merchandise to be used as gifts.

April 6, 2010 Flag

I've joined a couple of survey sites online to earn a few extra bucks. Some award money (haven't seen any yet) and some award points towards rewards. Have any of you joined these survey sites? Which ones have you found really do pay and are worth your while?

I don't want to waste time with sites that promise rewards (either $ or points) and then don't deliver. Thanks in advance for your kind answers!

By Jennifer from Tonawanda, NY

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I've found the best survey-for-pay site is mysurvey.com. They're points-based, but once you get into it, you can accumulate points quickly. A lot of surveys are only 5 points, but longer or more complicated surveys can earn quite a bit more. For example, I earned 150 points for the online portion of a communications survey, and will receive 500 more points when they receive the phone bill I mailed them to complete the survey. (I was allowed to choose for myself whether to share that info, and their policy is not to sell or share member info to outside entities.) I've been a member perhaps 3 years. I've received one payout of $20 and am well on the way to a $30 payout. The only catch is the recent addition of a 150-point surcharge per payout. If you like, you can send me a TF note with your email address, and I can send you a referral. You don't need it to join, but I'll get a few reward points... just a thought.

I've been a member of mypoints for over 10 years. I've gotten a couple of thousand dollars worth of gift cards over that time and I don't participate in most of the stuff they offer. Mypoints is easy and reliable. The gift cards usually arrive within a week or so.

Avoid SurveySpot and Toluna, they are total rip-offs. You start a survey, answer a lot of questions, then they say you don't fit what they're looking for, and award you nothing. This is after you've answered enough questions that you've given them usable data. I also got fed up with Lightspeed Panel as they did this too and always found a reason why I didn't qualify for an award.

You will not be able to make a living answering surveys, and they consume a lot of time for very little reward. I belong to Synovate which is legitimate, you will complete any survey they send you. MyPoints, InboxSurvey, Ipsos ISay and SurveySay often kick you out after you answer Age, Sex, ZipCode and a couple of other basic demographic questions, but they are legit; it will take awhile to earn enough points or dollars in order to collect anything. I also belong to ZoomPanel and NPD Online Research, which seem to be legit, but I haven't been a member long enough to collect enough points or dollars. I have had payments from Synovate and Ipsos ISay, just not very often. If you have time on your hands, this might be worthwhile, but it will not solve any money problems you have. I hope this is helpful.

July 24, 2005 Flag

Has anyone signed up with Highest Pay Surveys, does it really pay you?

Robin from Indiana

The reason I got to this site that I was trying to find out if "Highestpaysurveys' really pay you $300 they promise. From what I've read apparently they don't. Well, it sounded too good to be true from the beginning. Don't think I can do anything about it.

Thanks guys was just about entering my credit card details. Pls do any of you guys have an advise about an online system or survey that really works. I have wasted lots of money lately searching for one.

Survey may refer to: [edit] Quantitative research. Statistical survey, a method for collecting quantitative information about items in a population.

April 7, 2014 Flag

Is Inboxddollars.com a legit website or is it a scam?

By cutiepie37 from Dothan, AL

I have been using inbox dollars for a few years now. It is a good, trustworthy site. I get a few cents for reading emails that are sent to me by them. I also have done some surveys, but haven't had a lot of luck in being accepted for them. You can also get a percentage of your purchases back if you shop through their website. I haven't earned a whole lot, but have gotten more than $20 from them before. That is the minimum to get paid. If you work at it more, you can earn more. I belong to swagbucks, mypoints.com, and shopathome.com, so I spread out my activities and purchases. It is good mad money!

I've been using InboxDollars for several years, and they are indeed legitimate. You can earn 2-cents for just confirming that you read an email - you just open it and close it, that's it. There are usually 3-4 current surveys, and you may or may not qualify for them, but that happens with all survey sites - they filter for participants according to demographic data they have on file when you register, or update your profile. Each survey that you complete is worth anywhere from 25-cents to several dollars, though most will be $1 or under. Your account is credited pretty quickly. If you don't qualify for a survey, right now they have a spin-the-wheel game to play, where you might earn sweepstakes entries (they have a sweepstakes running for several months), 5-cents, 10-cents, a 25-cent token, or nothing. The amount of the token will be credited to your account after you qualify for and complete your next survey.

I've redeemed my balances for payment, or for gift cards. You won't get rich quick, but if you don't mind taking the time to do a survey or two each day, and open & close email messages (for offers you don't have to take, unless you want to), then it's a pleasant way to accumulate a little cash or get gift cards. I redeemed most of my balance around 3 months ago, and I'm back up to over $29 again, plus they rewarded me with a few extra dollars when I redeemed my balance. It is definitely legitimate, and worthwhile if you're patient.

Another plus is, that they don't require you to download any software to participate in their surveys. I stay away from any survey sites that want me to download anything, because I did that once and it caused problems on my computer, so I uninstalled it, and now I don't trust any site like that.

I forgot to add that you can also do web searching from the InboxDollars website, and receive 2-cents credit for each search, up to a daily limit, which I don't remember because I always forget to search through them. I also forget to shop through their website, or I would earn a few cents here and there for shopping. Their website is easy to navigate if you want more information. I don't think you'll regret giving it a try.

April 18, 2007 Flag

Has anyone had results, good or bad, from the online survey sites? Are they too good to be true?

December 1, 2009 Flag

Does anyone have any experience with the survey site www.bigspot.com? I have seen it advertised on TV. Thanks.

Load More
Better Living Frugal Living AdviceNovember 7, 2012
older blind woman sitting on a bench
Receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
Handyman Finding Appliance Manuals Online
Finding Appliance Manuals Online
A woman paying her bills online.
Paying Bills Online
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 23, 2016 at 11:45:24 PM on 10.0.1.69 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.