Earning Income from Online Surveys

It is important to be careful when considering earning extra money with this kind of activity. This guide is about earning income for online surveys.

November 17, 2011 Flag

It's been many years since I purchased a brand new handbag for myself. At first, I searched thrift stores and estate sales and didn't find anything to my liking. Either the purses were too big, too small or too old fashioned.

There is a T.J. Maxx Store that recently opened in my area. I had purchased a few things over the summer months and applied for their TJX Rewards Plantinum MasterCard where rewards can be earned when I shop. The customer can earn 5 points per $1 spent at T.J. Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods, or earn 1 point per $1 spent everywhere else where MasterCard is accepted. For every 1,000 points earned the customer receives a $10 reward certificate.

Whenever I went shopping instead of paying in cash I used my TJX Rewards Plantinum MasterCard. Within a short period of time, I earned two $10 reward certificates. I also had an extra $20 check stashed away that I had received from doing online surveys. I went to the bank to cash my $20 check and added that money along with the two rewards certificates. So now I had $40 to spend on anything in the store.

The handbags were located in the front of the store, and didn't really want to spend a lot of time in shopping for one. Some I looked at were really out of my price range, especially those priced at $69.99 and higher. I removed a handbag from the top hook priced at $39.99, and that was the only one of it's kind.

All of the sudden, the alarm lock on the purse started beeping and then I got scared thinking that I would be be accused of attempting to steal the purse. I had to think fast then I took the purse to customer service and explained that I was only looking at it when the alarm went off. The sales clerk assured me that it happens quite often, then she took a key and shut off the alarm.

I picked up the purse, walked over to the display and was ready to hang it up and keep right on searching for one I was to buy. But a thought hit me, the purse was trying to tell me, BUY ME, BUY ME! The purse cost me a whopping $3.20 the price of the sales tax.

What a bargain!

By MCW from LEWISTON, NY

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Is that because it was marked wrong?

August 15, 2013 Flag

This site is a site I have tried. I did about two weeks worth of surveys, and earned 100 opinion points. I take that back, I earned 140 opinion points and cashed out through Paypal for fourteen dollars. I chose to redeem. They really do pay. You can choose other methods of claiming rewards such as an Amazon.com card or games or making a donation to the Red Cross. That is really nice but I need the money! :)

A friend told me so I went and checked it out and it was true. So I am passing it on to you guys.

Link: https://www.opinionoutpost.com/

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have been doing surveys on this site for several years and they do pay. If you do not qualify for a survey, you have the option of donating 10 cents to a charity or playing a game with a chance to win more "points" (money). They also run contests occasionally. I once won $50.00 here. Great survey site.

October 2, 2008 Flag

I signed up for surveys that you get points for answering. They give rewards of either merchandise or cash. For the last 4 years each October, I turn in the points for gift cards or merchandise to be used as gifts.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 28, 2007 Flag

When shopping in certain stores, they ask you to complete a survey online or on the phone. If you complete the survey they give you a code and you qualify for a specific percentage off your next purchase. No matter how much you spent.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 6, 2010 Flag

I've joined a couple of survey sites online to earn a few extra bucks. Some award money (haven't seen any yet) and some award points towards rewards. Have any of you joined these survey sites? Which ones have you found really do pay and are worth your while?

I don't want to waste time with sites that promise rewards (either $ or points) and then don't deliver. Thanks in advance for your kind answers!

By Jennifer from Tonawanda, NY

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I belong to Swagbucks and Mypoints. I've done others in the past, but they were a fizzle. These two will never make me rich, but I love having a $25.00 gift certificate to my favorite restaurant now and then, and I'm building up gift certificates in my Amazon account. The main thing is, they are dependable. HTH

I've found the best survey-for-pay site is mysurvey.com. They're points-based, but once you get into it, you can accumulate points quickly. A lot of surveys are only 5 points, but longer or more complicated surveys can earn quite a bit more. For example, I earned 150 points for the online portion of a communications survey, and will receive 500 more points when they receive the phone bill I mailed them to complete the survey. (I was allowed to choose for myself whether to share that info, and their policy is not to sell or share member info to outside entities.) I've been a member perhaps 3 years. I've received one payout of $20 and am well on the way to a $30 payout. The only catch is the recent addition of a 150-point surcharge per payout. If you like, you can send me a TF note with your email address, and I can send you a referral. You don't need it to join, but I'll get a few reward points... just a thought.

I've been a member of mypoints for over 10 years. I've gotten a couple of thousand dollars worth of gift cards over that time and I don't participate in most of the stuff they offer. Mypoints is easy and reliable. The gift cards usually arrive within a week or so.

July 24, 2005 Flag

Has anyone signed up with Highest Pay Surveys, does it really pay you?

Robin from Indiana

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I joined 'Highestpaysurveys' in November 2008. Well, what can I say...You CAN NOT make much money on on-line surveys. All I made in 3 months was $50 (about what I paid to join), mainly from Opinionoutpost, Your2Cents and Greenfield. You can join these sites for free....I wish I knew.

I have, however, made some money with Market Research companies, namely:

QFact - $120 (group interview on chips) + $100 (Wallgreen shopping - I was a "stand by" and didn't even have to drive anywhere) + $200 (haircare products) = $420

Market Inquiry - $80 (cold remedies study)

which comes to $500.

You don't have to join any site to get to their databases. Just open Yellow Pages and look up for 'Market Research/Information Bureaus'.

I wish somebody told me this before I subscribed. Still I made enough not to complain...Good luck everyone!

The reason I got to this site that I was trying to find out if "Highestpaysurveys' really pay you $300 they promise. From what I've read apparently they don't. Well, it sounded too good to be true from the beginning. Don't think I can do anything about it.

Thanks guys was just about entering my credit card details. Pls do any of you guys have an advise about an online system or survey that really works. I have wasted lots of money lately searching for one.

April 7, 2014 Flag

Is Inboxddollars.com a legit website or is it a scam?

By cutiepie37 from Dothan, AL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here is a great site to look at to find good surveys...http://www.surveypolice.com/

I do pinecone research, opinion outpost.com, tellwut.com.

I don't do inbox dollars.

I have been using inbox dollars for a few years now. It is a good, trustworthy site. I get a few cents for reading emails that are sent to me by them. I also have done some surveys, but haven't had a lot of luck in being accepted for them. You can also get a percentage of your purchases back if you shop through their website. I haven't earned a whole lot, but have gotten more than $20 from them before. That is the minimum to get paid. If you work at it more, you can earn more. I belong to swagbucks, mypoints.com, and shopathome.com, so I spread out my activities and purchases. It is good mad money!

I've been using InboxDollars for several years, and they are indeed legitimate. You can earn 2-cents for just confirming that you read an email - you just open it and close it, that's it. There are usually 3-4 current surveys, and you may or may not qualify for them, but that happens with all survey sites - they filter for participants according to demographic data they have on file when you register, or update your profile. Each survey that you complete is worth anywhere from 25-cents to several dollars, though most will be $1 or under. Your account is credited pretty quickly. If you don't qualify for a survey, right now they have a spin-the-wheel game to play, where you might earn sweepstakes entries (they have a sweepstakes running for several months), 5-cents, 10-cents, a 25-cent token, or nothing. The amount of the token will be credited to your account after you qualify for and complete your next survey.

I've redeemed my balances for payment, or for gift cards. You won't get rich quick, but if you don't mind taking the time to do a survey or two each day, and open & close email messages (for offers you don't have to take, unless you want to), then it's a pleasant way to accumulate a little cash or get gift cards. I redeemed most of my balance around 3 months ago, and I'm back up to over $29 again, plus they rewarded me with a few extra dollars when I redeemed my balance. It is definitely legitimate, and worthwhile if you're patient.

Another plus is, that they don't require you to download any software to participate in their surveys. I stay away from any survey sites that want me to download anything, because I did that once and it caused problems on my computer, so I uninstalled it, and now I don't trust any site like that.

April 18, 2007 Flag

Has anyone had results, good or bad, from the online survey sites? Are they too good to be true?

Thanks,
Roz from Victoria, BC

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Please be careful! I did some research before participating in a few surveys and thought all would go well. It didn't work out that way, however. I am still getting all sorts of 'prize certificates' if I only do this or that or buy something else! That is NOT what is advertised in the offers. The other problem with these outfits for me, has been that when I "unsubscribed" I got MORE offers from other places until I was inundated with spam. There may be some good places out there in cyberspace, but do be careful and follow the advice of these folks who have been successful with a specific company. It's not worth the irritation and wasted time to find one on your own.

Some take awhile to build up "points" but the surveys are legitamite (I have had companies send surveys using the same company independantly) and sometimes you'll get products to try. I have cashed in for some prizes, and while I don't get alot, it is nice to get a gift for the kids or yourself without spending extra money!

Here are my sites:

www.zoompanel.com

www.mysurvey.com

www.harrispollonline.com

You can also join the General Mills advisory panel by going to www.millsadvisorypanel.com

I found that out by calling the 1-800 number to ask about nut allergies and Cheerios, and the customer service lady asked me about joining the panel. I may inquire other companies when I call them or go on their websites (I have allergies to tree & peanuts!)

sorry, sometimes you do get a check...but it is for under $10 usually. I wouldn't look at it as supplemental income, but they are fun, helpful to companies, and you can get something out of it without paying money!

December 1, 2009 Flag

Does anyone have any experience with the survey site www.bigspot.com? I have seen it advertised on TV.

Thanks.

By Scooter from Grand Prairie, TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would like any info on online surveys. I know that some can cause problems for your PC. I am looking for some good ones to make extra money at home.

Nanabn

I have never heard of it and have never seen a legit survey site advertise on TV.

Here are some reviews:

http://accident  ig-spot-surveys/

http://webfloss  pot-survey-scam/

http://www.surv  y-scam-site.html

http://www.mylo  ons/2038530.aspx

http://www.ripo  t-spam-77729.htm

Another link said:

"Bigspot.com is a very complex scam & a front for the company www.SurveyPayoff.com who do charge you for services."

Compare the websites for both side by side and they are pretty near identical.

http://www.surveypayoff.com/

http://www.bigspot.com/

I personally would stay away from this one.

I do a few survey sites but try to stick with ones in the top ten list at Survey Police. You can research other survey sites there also. I see absolutely no mention there of BigSpot.com

http://www.surv  ice.com/rankings

http://www.surv  ce.com/directory

You won't get rich with any of them...just some extra spending money. But it isn't worth a few extra bucks to be spammed or scammed so please be cautious.

Sounds like they're trying to capitalize on the legitimate site, SurveySpot. SurveySpot.com pays cash to your PayPal account for surveys you take online. They used to send checks, but I think they just use PayPal now. It's free. Surveys will run around $2-4.00 for each one you qualify for & complete. It's not get rich quick (or ever!), but it's $2-4.00 you didn't have 15 minutes before you took the survey.

February 26, 2004 Flag

I was wondering. Has anyone ever participated in the get paid to take surveys? It sounds too good. I would like to make some extra money but stay at home for my family (I already work part time). Any advice out there?

Styls29

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have made about $300 in a month by taking online surveys. The secret is you must sign up with every research company you can find. That increases your chances of getting invited to surveys that pay cash. I found a great free site that lists over 400 companies. It's called survey-networks.com, it has the biggest list of sites I have ever seen and it's totally free. So if your curious about the whole survey thing I recommend checking this site out.

http://www.survey-networks.com

http://www.yellowsurveys.com is a great free site! Thanks for the post earlier.

I have recently done a $40 survey from Adobe on Global Test Market, Received Clamato to taste test and Dockers clothing from bzz agent, and done several $3-$8 surveys from Test Spin, Gozing Surveys, NFO My Survey. I made about $150 last month and could have made more but I didn't take all the surveys I was offered. Thye trick is learning how to work the system and how to figure out what they are looking for so that you can qualify for more surveys. For most of the companies I do not fill out the profile. Seems like I get more offers that way.

Here is a good site for paid survey information:

http://www.wahmservice.com

February 15, 2011 Flag

By Jennifer from Tonawanda, NY

Answers:

Survey Sites That Pay

I've had good luck with Opinion Outpost and Surveyhead (slow, but pay consistently). But even if a site pays out as promised, sometimes your demographics just aren't a good fit and you won't get many surveys so it takes months to make payout. I started out signing up for around twenty different places, then just made payout and gave up on the ones that offered the fewest surveys and stuck with the ones that seemed to need my demographic the most. One good place to check for reviews and user comments about different survey sites is http://www.surveypolice.com (04/06/2010)

By MrsRose

Survey Sites That Pay

I joined valuedopinions.com. Once you reach $20 (one survey can run from about .50 to $3.00) then I order a prepaid VISA card which should take 28 days to arrive, but these past couple of months I have had to wait 2 months. You can also get a $20 Amazon.com code. I joined many other survey sites, but this one seems to be the best. (04/08/2010)

By cbrokenshire

Survey Sites That Pay

I have not found any that pay, and usually they are a waste of time. Also be careful what info you give out. You may also find you are getting more than your share of junk mail. Also the sites which promise you something free, but you have to buy, or request information are a big rip off. Good luck. (04/11/2010)

By Amandablue

Survey Sites That Pay

Well survey sites are the good way of earning money. There is a great option of online moneymaking sites. Here is a list at: http://esurveysites.blogspot.com (05/30/2010)

By picnikk

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 6, 2010 Flag

Does anyone know any survey sites that really pay for filling out surveys?

Pam from Georgia

Answers:

Survey Site That Pay

Pinecone Research pays $5 per survey, but they only accept new people once in a while.

Lightspeed Panel lets you earn points that can be redeemed for paypal cash or gift cards.

Mypoints.com lets you earn points that can be redeemed for gift cards.

You can't expect to make a living this way, but I guess every little bit counts. I probably make about $10 per month through these survey sites. (03/22/2007)

By Allison

Survey Site That Pay

Try mysurvey.com. Right now I have $86.00 in my account. That has taken like 4 to 6 months to get. No, I can't make real living money but I do get lots of samples and freebies and coupons. I have been able to use the freebies as presents many many times so therefore I didn't have to buy anything. (03/22/2007)

By sandy63

Survey Site That Pay

I'm in the UK but Pinecone is very good if you can find one of their banners. They paid £4 in vouchers for surveys. I also do Mutualpoints and have just had my first £20 but it took ages for me to collect the points. (03/23/2007)

By Februarycat

Survey Site That Pay

I have tried these and think they're all garbage. (03/23/2007)

By nsfreemovie

Survey Site That Pay

Stanford University does surveys and they give you points each time you complete one. I think you can turn the points into cash. Sorry, I can't remember the website address. (03/23/2007)

By Jantoo

Survey Site That Pay

Surveyspot.com is pretty decent. They have cash and contest surveys. I've gotten a couple hundred over the last year from them. (03/27/2007)

By cfbandit

Survey Site That Pay

Send me your email address and I'll send you the Free ones I do and get checks in the mail from them. (03/27/2007)

By mobo

Survey Site That Pay

Thanks, could you please email them to me at pamwil88 AT yahoo. com. (03/27/2007)

By pam

Survey Site That Pay

I love inbox dollars. It is a really neat site. I do a survey a day at 1 each, I get paid for using a search tool, and the site is way cool. I make about 30 a month from surveys, paid emails and searching.

The site is http://www.inboxdollars.com/?r=latte4me2day. (06/03/2007)

By jennifer(the java junkie)

Survey Sites That Pay

Try this website http://www.freebuckssite.com/?ref=606 They will pay you under 24 hours provided that you have made over $0.50 by doing their surveys. Trust me, they really do pay you and you won't have to wait weeks for payment. (10/20/2008)

By Cole

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 1, 2009 Flag

Has anyone tried those places on line where you get paid to do surveys? Are they on the up-and-up, or are they a scam like the old envelope-stuffing one?

Mom2fur from Long Island, NY

Answers:

Making Money at Home with Online Surveys

I wish you much success. I spent almost a year doing a dozen surveys nearly daily. I earned "not one red cent". I have now canceled all of them and am spending my survey time doing other things that are enjoyable, even if not bringing in extra money. I'm sure there are some out there that would send a few dollars, but I am not searching for them. I'll take a walk in the sunshine with my puppy instead. Best of luck. (05/28/2005)

By MamaJude

I agree with the others. I do do these surveys from time to time, and I have gotten paid for a few. For others, I have been able to test products, and that's been fun, but frankly, even for the ones where I have gotten paid, (and that's through accumulating points,) the amount I have been paid for the time I have put in is so little that the hourly pay would be incalculable.

It's really time consuming, frustrating, and often extremely invasive. You'd be better off delivering newspapers to get extra money. I have done that, and you get exercise from walking, and you get paid. The drawback there, is that you have to get up so early. There are other ways to make money at home. Babysitting, pet sitting, starting your own home based business, the possibilities are limitless.

But don't start doing surveys with the hope of getting paid for it, because you will be lucky if you make 50 cents an hour for your labor, and that would be the higher end of what you could expect. These surveys take a lot of time, and when I have gotten paid, I have had to accumulate 1000 points, and that has taken a tremendous amount of time, just to get $10. So unless this is something you want to do largely for fun, you are going to come away from this whole endeavor feeling horribly exploited and incredibly ripped off. (05/29/2005)

By skbeal

Sign up for mypoints.com. You don't get money, but you do get points for taking surveys, buy products you would buy on line anyways and other things. I promise, this is totally worth it. I have received more gift cards for Chili's and other places. I hate to spend money on a dinner out, but now I can use my gift cards. (05/29/2005)

By Donna

I enjoy doing surveys in my spare time. I earn from $10 to $250 a month in cash/products/giftcards depending on what kind of surveys are offered. I usually do 2 a day, sometimes more.

Mypoints, e-rewards, and ICOP are my favorites. Don't pay for the surveys. There are good companies out there who offer cash or points or products to get your opinion, they won't charge you to join.

I actually won a $500 sweep from one of the survey places, but usually only $25 a couple times a year.

You won't get rich, but you will get to help companies provide the products we will enjoy using.

Love and Prayers,
Linda (02/15/2006)

By lindaljh1

I like NPDOR, Your2Cents, and SurveySpot. I've gotten money and/or prizes from all three. Not a lot, but every little bit helps, right? (02/15/2006)

By tedsmom

I actually paid $35.00 to do surveys. I did about 10 or so a day. I was promised points only. After 6 weeks I gave up on all of them. At the time another woman who was so disgusted with surveys, started her own website stating how she was duped into spending $35.00 and received nothing. Be warned. $35.00 is a lot of money when you're trying to make a few dollars. God Bless. Juanita (02/15/2006)

By Juanita

homescansignup.com

This is the sign up page for Nielsen. They don't pay you in money, they have a gift catalog.

It involves time to scan every purchase you make. (02/17/2006)

By Linda

The Nielson group also has a Media Panel which I belong to. It pays you so much a week for wearing a device to monitor what you listen to on the radio or watch on TV. I think I got the invite for this panel because I do the homescan for purchases. They pay you $2 a week for wearing it and, depending on the points you accumulate during the day it can be more. They send monthly checks. It is always at least $5, but I have gotten $13 before. (02/18/2006)

By Linda

I tried many different survey sites and never got paid by a single one. I cannot even think of the amount of surveys I have taken, so much time wasted. A few of the times I even emailed asking where my money or gifts were and received no response. I believe it is a scam. Some of them were recognized companies and I never got anything. (02/18/2006)

By Sarah

online surveys rewards tv.com

Most of the surveys have companies they want you to buy from. I skip those, but rewardtv.com is cool because you just ask questions about your favorite shows your watch the night before and win points. Every time you play your enter to win 3000 dollars. It's fun and you also redeem your points for wonderful gift cards from different companies. (04/13/2006)

By Mary

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
A woman with money flying out of her smartphone.
Earning Money Online
Better Living Frugal Living AdviceNovember 7, 2012
older blind woman sitting on a bench
Receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
Handyman Finding Appliance Manuals Online
Finding Appliance Manuals Online
Three tiny gift bags standing on a laptop keyboard
Selling Items Online
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 19, 2017 at 2:55:05 PM on 10.0.0.30 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.