Earning Income for Online Surveys

It is important to be careful when considering earning extra money with this kind of activity. This guide is about earning income for online surveys.

Computer Mouse and Survey
Filter Sort

Tip: Warning: Swag Bucks Scam

By mg 1 15

Swag Bucks is a Scam! I love being able to sign up at a site and be rewarded for participating in all of the offers available. It is fun, you meet cool people, and you win prizes. Swag Bucks allows you to search the web, participate in surveys, complete daily polls, find swag codes, and refer friends all the while rewarding you with swagbucks. Swagbucks can then be spent on prizes ($5 Amazon gift card is 450 swagbucks). You can also spend swagbucks on swagstakes (contests). Sounds good so far, huh? Here it comes.

Another way to earn swagbucks is to participate in special offers. These offers may require a purchase or they may be completely free. I participated in several offers. Within the offer description it states that the swagbucks are awarded immediately. I waited 7 days and my account never received credit. I sent a email inquiry and I did not receive a response for two weeks. Once my inquires were addressed, I received lame excuses like, clean out your cookies and remove your browser history. These are not valid reasons why my account did not receive credit. I submitted the email confirmations of the offers and the offer ID numbers to prove the offers were legitimately completed, and still my account has not been properly credited. I have since learned from lots of other members that participate in the site, to stay far away from the special offers because you never receive the swagbucks to your account. This repeated pattern of behavior is fraud.

Swagbucks is a sham. This site receives a nice referral fee from these companies for guiding people to these special offers, but for Swag Bucks to not properly credit accounts for offers that were legitimately completed is foul. Beware of the special offers with Swag Bucks.

Oh, that 450 swagbucks you need to receive a $5 Amazon gift card it is more like 500 to 520 swagbucks to redeem the gift card. If you have 450 the system will not allow you to cash in to receive the gift card. Yeah, this website is foul.

By mg21 from Minneapolis, MN

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Highest Pay Surveys Reviews

By Red 3

Has anyone signed up with Highest Pay Surveys, does it really pay you?

Robin from Indiana

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By ijoe 1 Flag

Survey may refer to: [edit] Quantitative research. Statistical survey, a method for collecting quantitative information about items in a population.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Feedback About Online Survey Sites

By Roz Graham 7 6

Has anyone had results, good or bad, from the online survey sites? Are they too good to be true?

Thanks,
Roz from Victoria, BC

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By sandy 77 431 Flag

hi i do several surveys. i do get some free food and gift type stuff. i also get some gift certificates that i really like being able to use. i do surveys for

bzzagent.com epoll rewards .com, lightspeed, mysurvey, erewards and your2 cents.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Surveys

I was wondering. Has anyone ever participated in the get paid to take surveys? It sounds too good. I would like to make some extra money but stay at home for my family (I already work part time). Any advice out there?

Styls29

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Another great site is: http://www.surveybounty.com

For Canadian Paid Surveys check out: http://www.canadianpaidsurveys.com

Cheers!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Survey Sites That Pay

By Jennifer 11 18

I've joined a couple of survey sites online to earn a few extra bucks. Some award money (haven't seen any yet) and some award points towards rewards. Have any of you joined these survey sites? Which ones have you found really do pay and are worth your while?

I don't want to waste time with sites that promise rewards (either $ or points) and then don't deliver. Thanks in advance for your kind answers!

By Jennifer from Tonawanda, NY

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Pixiedust7 7 897 Flag

Avoid SurveySpot and Toluna, they are total rip-offs. You start a survey, answer a lot of questions, then they say you don't fit what they're looking for, and award you nothing. This is after you've answered enough questions that you've given them usable data. I also got fed up with Lightspeed Panel as they did this too and always found a reason why I didn't qualify for an award.

You will not be able to make a living answering surveys, and they consume a lot of time for very little reward. I belong to Synovate which is legitimate, you will complete any survey they send you. MyPoints, InboxSurvey, Ipsos ISay and SurveySay often kick you out after you answer Age, Sex, ZipCode and a couple of other basic demographic questions, but they are legit; it will take awhile to earn enough points or dollars in order to collect anything. I also belong to ZoomPanel and NPD Online Research, which seem to be legit, but I haven't been a member long enough to collect enough points or dollars. I have had payments from Synovate and Ipsos ISay, just not very often. If you have time on your hands, this might be worthwhile, but it will not solve any money problems you have. I hope this is helpful.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Savvy Accessory Shopping

By mcw 80 1,752

A great price on a handbag from T.J. MaxxIt's been many years since I purchased a brand new handbag for myself. At first, I searched thrift stores and estate sales and didn't find anything to my liking. Either the purses were too big, too small or too old fashioned.

There is a T.J. Maxx Store that recently opened in my area. I had purchased a few things over the summer months and applied for their TJX Rewards Plantinum MasterCard where rewards can be earned when I shop. The customer can earn 5 points per $1 spent at T.J. Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods, or earn 1 point per $1 spent everywhere else where MasterCard is accepted. For every 1,000 points earned the customer receives a $10 reward certificate.

Whenever I went shopping instead of paying in cash I used my TJX Rewards Plantinum MasterCard. Within a short period of time, I earned two $10 reward certificates. I also had an extra $20 check stashed away that I had received from doing online surveys. I went to the bank to cash my $20 check and added that money along with the two rewards certificates. So now I had $40 to spend on anything in the store.

The handbags were located in the front of the store, and didn't really want to spend a lot of time in shopping for one. Some I looked at were really out of my price range, especially those priced at $69.99 and higher. I removed a handbag from the top hook priced at $39.99, and that was the only one of it's kind.

All of the sudden, the alarm lock on the purse started beeping and then I got scared thinking that I would be be accused of attempting to steal the purse. I had to think fast then I took the purse to customer service and explained that I was only looking at it when the alarm went off. The sales clerk assured me that it happens quite often, then she took a key and shut off the alarm.

I picked up the purse, walked over to the display and was ready to hang it up and keep right on searching for one I was to buy. But a thought hit me, the purse was trying to tell me, BUY ME, BUY ME! The purse cost me a whopping $3.20 the price of the sales tax.

What a bargain!

By MCW from LEWISTON, NY

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Do Online Surveys for Rewards

By Jan 1 6

I signed up for surveys that you get points for answering. They give rewards of either merchandise or cash. For the last 4 years each October, I turn in the points for gift cards or merchandise to be used as gifts. The survey site, My Points is excellent and NFO Surveys. You can also receive points toward merchandise from credit cards IF you used them for gas or shopping. I do a lot of my Christmas shopping this way, its been a big help saving money, and still giving nice gifts to the people I care about.

By Jan from Carleton, MI

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Review of Inboxdollars.com Survey Site

By cutiepie37 2

Is Inboxddollars.com a legit website or is it a scam?

By cutiepie37 from Dothan, AL

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Pixiedust7 7 897 Flag

I forgot to add that you can also do web searching from the InboxDollars website, and receive 2-cents credit for each search, up to a daily limit, which I don't remember because I always forget to search through them. I also forget to shop through their website, or I would earn a few cents here and there for shopping. Their website is easy to navigate if you want more information. I don't think you'll regret giving it a try.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Making Money at Home with Online Surveys

By Darla 24 181

Does anyone have any experience with the survey site www.bigspot.com? I have seen it advertised on TV.

Thanks.

By Scooter from Grand Prairie, TX

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Candace Kowal 14 4 Flag

Sounds like they're trying to capitalize on the legitimate site, SurveySpot. SurveySpot.com pays cash to your PayPal account for surveys you take online. They used to send checks, but I think they just use PayPal now. It's free. Surveys will run around $2-4.00 for each one you qualify for & complete. It's not get rich quick (or ever!), but it's $2-4.00 you didn't have 15 minutes before you took the survey.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Paid Survey Site: Opinion Outpost

By Robyn 376 753

This site is a site I have tried. I did about two weeks worth of surveys, and earned 100 opinion points. I take that back, I earned 140 opinion points and cashed out through Paypal for fourteen dollars. I chose to redeem. They really do pay. You can choose other methods of claiming rewards such as an Amazon.com card or games or making a donation to the Red Cross. That is really nice but I need the money! :)

A friend told me so I went and checked it out and it was true. So I am passing it on to you guys.

Link: https://www.opinionoutpost.com/

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Do Surveys For Discounts On Your Next Shopping Trip

When shopping in certain stores, they ask you to complete a survey online or on the phone. If you complete the survey they give you a code and you qualify for a specific percentage off your next purchase. No matter how much you spent.

By Evelyn from Oceanside, CA

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Archive: Making Money at Home with Online Surveys

Has anyone tried those places on line where you get paid to do surveys? Are they on the up-and-up, or are they a scam like the old envelope-stuffing one?

Mom2fur from Long Island, NY

Feedback:

RE: Making Money at Home with Online Surveys

I wish you much success. I spent almost a year doing a dozen surveys nearly daily. I earned "not one red cent". I have now canceled all of them and am spending my survey time doing other things that are enjoyable, even if not bringing in extra money. I'm sure there are some out there that would send a few dollars, but I am not searching for them. I'll take a walk in the sunshine with my puppy instead. Best of luck. (05/28/2005)

By MamaJude

I agree with the others. I do do these surveys from time to time, and I have gotten paid for a few. For others, I have been able to test products, and that's been fun, but frankly, even for the ones where I have gotten paid, (and that's through accumulating points,) the amount I have been paid for the time I have put in is so little that the hourly pay would be incalculable.

It's really time consuming, frustrating, and often extremely invasive. You'd be better off delivering newspapers to get extra money. I have done that, and you get exercise from walking, and you get paid. The drawback there, is that you have to get up so early. There are other ways to make money at home. Babysitting, pet sitting, starting your own home based business, the possibilities are limitless.

But don't start doing surveys with the hope of getting paid for it, because you will be lucky if you make 50 cents an hour for your labor, and that would be the higher end of what you could expect. These surveys take a lot of time, and when I have gotten paid, I have had to accumulate 1000 points, and that has taken a tremendous amount of time, just to get $10. So unless this is something you want to do largely for fun, you are going to come away from this whole endeavor feeling horribly exploited and incredibly ripped off. (05/29/2005)

By skbeal

Sign up for mypoints.com. You don't get money, but you do get points for taking surveys, buy products you would buy on line anyways and other things. I promise, this is totally worth it. I have received more gift cards for Chili's and other places. I hate to spend money on a dinner out, but now I can use my gift cards. (05/29/2005)

By Donna

I enjoy doing surveys in my spare time. I earn from $10 to $250 a month in cash/products/giftcards depending on what kind of surveys are offered. I usually do 2 a day, sometimes more.

Mypoints, e-rewards, and ICOP are my favorites. Don't pay for the surveys. There are good companies out there who offer cash or points or products to get your opinion, they won't charge you to join.

I actually won a $500 sweep from one of the survey places, but usually only $25 a couple times a year.

You won't get rich, but you will get to help companies provide the products we will enjoy using.

Love and Prayers,
    Linda (02/15/2006)

By lindaljh1

I like NPDOR, Your2Cents, and SurveySpot. I've gotten money and/or prizes from all three. Not a lot, but every little bit helps, right? (02/15/2006)

By tedsmom

I actually paid $35.00 to do surveys. I did about 10 or so a day. I was promised points only. After 6 weeks I gave up on all of them. At the time another woman who was so disgusted with surveys, started her own website stating how she was duped into spending $35.00 and received nothing. Be warned. $35.00 is a lot of money when you're trying to make a few dollars. God Bless. Juanita (02/15/2006)

By Juanita

homescansignup.com

This is the sign up page for Nielsen. They don't pay you in money, they have a gift catalog.

It involves time to scan every purchase you make. (02/17/2006)

By Linda

The Nielson group also has a Media Panel which I belong to. It pays you so much a week for wearing a device to monitor what you listen to on the radio or watch on TV. I think I got the invite for this panel because I do the homescan for purchases. They pay you $2 a week for wearing it and, depending on the points you accumulate during the day it can be more. They send monthly checks. It is always at least $5, but I have gotten $13 before. (02/18/2006)

By Linda

I tried many different survey sites and never got paid by a single one. I cannot even think of the amount of surveys I have taken, so much time wasted. A few of the times I even emailed asking where my money or gifts were and received no response. I believe it is a scam. Some of them were recognized companies and I never got anything. (02/18/2006)

By Sarah

online surveys rewards tv.com

Most of the surveys have companies they want you to buy from. I skip those, but rewardtv.com is cool because you just ask questions about your favorite shows your watch the night before and win points. Every time you play your enter to win 3000 dollars. It's fun and you also redeem your points for wonderful gift cards from different companies. (04/13/2006)

By Mary

Archive: Survey Sites That Pay

Does anyone know any survey sites that really pay for filling out surveys?

Pam from Georgia

Feedback:

RE: Survey Site That Pay

Pinecone Research pays $5 per survey, but they only accept new people once in a while.

Lightspeed Panel lets you earn points that can be redeemed for paypal cash or gift cards.

Mypoints.com lets you earn points that can be redeemed for gift cards.

You can't expect to make a living this way, but I guess every little bit counts. I probably make about $10 per month through these survey sites. (03/22/2007)

By Allison

RE: Survey Site That Pay

Try mysurvey.com. Right now I have $86.00 in my account. That has taken like 4 to 6 months to get. No, I can't make real living money but I do get lots of samples and freebies and coupons. I have been able to use the freebies as presents many many times so therefore I didn't have to buy anything. (03/22/2007)

By sandy63

RE: Survey Site That Pay

I'm in the UK but Pinecone is very good if you can find one of their banners. They paid £4 in vouchers for surveys. I also do Mutualpoints and have just had my first £20 but it took ages for me to collect the points. (03/23/2007)

By Februarycat

RE: Survey Site That Pay

I have tried these and think they're all garbage. (03/23/2007)

By nsfreemovie

RE: Survey Site That Pay

Stanford University does surveys and they give you points each time you complete one. I think you can turn the points into cash. Sorry, I can't remember the website address. (03/23/2007)

By Jantoo

RE: Survey Site That Pay

Surveyspot.com is pretty decent. They have cash and contest surveys. I've gotten a couple hundred over the last year from them. (03/27/2007)

By cfbandit

RE: Survey Site That Pay

Send me your email address and I'll send you the Free ones I do and get checks in the mail from them. (03/27/2007)

By mobo

RE: Survey Site That Pay

Thanks, could you please email them to me at pamwil88 AT yahoo. com. (03/27/2007)

By pam

RE: Survey Site That Pay

I love inbox dollars. It is a really neat site. I do a survey a day at 1 each, I get paid for using a search tool, and the site is way cool. I make about 30 a month from surveys, paid emails and searching.

The site is http://www.inboxdollars.com/?r=latte4me2day. (06/03/2007)

By jennifer(the java junkie)

RE: Survey Sites That Pay

Try this website http://www.freebuckssite.com/?ref=606 They will pay you under 24 hours provided that you have made over $0.50 by doing their surveys. Trust me, they really do pay you and you won't have to wait weeks for payment. (10/20/2008)

By Cole

Archive: Survey Sites That Pay

By Jennifer from Tonawanda, NY

Feedback:

RE: Survey Sites That Pay

I've had good luck with Opinion Outpost and Surveyhead (slow, but pay consistently). But even if a site pays out as promised, sometimes your demographics just aren't a good fit and you won't get many surveys so it takes months to make payout. I started out signing up for around twenty different places, then just made payout and gave up on the ones that offered the fewest surveys and stuck with the ones that seemed to need my demographic the most. One good place to check for reviews and user comments about different survey sites is http://www.surveypolice.com (04/06/2010)

By MrsRose

RE: Survey Sites That Pay

I joined valuedopinions.com. Once you reach $20 (one survey can run from about .50 to $3.00) then I order a prepaid VISA card which should take 28 days to arrive, but these past couple of months I have had to wait 2 months. You can also get a $20 Amazon.com code. I joined many other survey sites, but this one seems to be the best. (04/08/2010)

By cbrokenshire

RE: Survey Sites That Pay

I have not found any that pay, and usually they are a waste of time. Also be careful what info you give out. You may also find you are getting more than your share of junk mail. Also the sites which promise you something free, but you have to buy, or request information are a big rip off. Good luck. (04/11/2010)

By Amandablue

RE: Survey Sites That Pay

Well survey sites are the good way of earning money. There is a great option of online moneymaking sites. Here is a list at: http://esurveysites.blogspot.com (05/30/2010)

By picnikk

Better Living Frugal Living AdviceNovember 7, 2012
    ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
    older blind woman sitting on a bench
    Receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
    Online Shopping
    Selling Crafts Online
    Handyman Finding Appliance Manuals Online
    Finding Appliance Manuals Online
    computer mouse
    Global Survey Market Reviews
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 11:11:24 AM on 10.0.0.57 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestionsArchives
    NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
    Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
    BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
    CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings