Earning Income for Online Surveys

It is important to be careful when considering earning extra money with this kind of activity. This guide is about earning income for online surveys.

August 11, 2010 Flag

Swag Bucks is a Scam! I love being able to sign up at a site and be rewarded for participating in all of the offers available. It is fun, you meet cool people, and you win prizes. Swag Bucks allows you to search the web, participate in surveys, complete daily polls, find swag codes, and refer friends all the while rewarding you with swagbucks. Swagbucks can then be spent on prizes ($5 Amazon gift card is 450 swagbucks). You can also spend swagbucks on swagstakes (contests). Sounds good so far, huh? Here it comes.

Another way to earn swagbucks is to participate in special offers. These offers may require a purchase or they may be completely free. I participated in several offers. Within the offer description it states that the swagbucks are awarded immediately. I waited 7 days and my account never received credit. I sent a email inquiry and I did not receive a response for two weeks. Once my inquires were addressed, I received lame excuses like, clean out your cookies and remove your browser history. These are not valid reasons why my account did not receive credit. I submitted the email confirmations of the offers and the offer ID numbers to prove the offers were legitimately completed, and still my account has not been properly credited. I have since learned from lots of other members that participate in the site, to stay far away from the special offers because you never receive the swagbucks to your account. This repeated pattern of behavior is fraud.

Swagbucks is a sham. This site receives a nice referral fee from these companies for guiding people to these special offers, but for Swag Bucks to not properly credit accounts for offers that were legitimately completed is foul. Beware of the special offers with Swag Bucks.

Oh, that 450 swagbucks you need to receive a $5 Amazon gift card it is more like 500 to 520 swagbucks to redeem the gift card. If you have 450 the system will not allow you to cash in to receive the gift card. Yeah, this website is foul.

By mg21 from Minneapolis, MN

I've been using swag bucks for 2 months. I have $200 in gift cards, and about to buy another $50 one. The offers credit, EXCEPT for Paymentwall offers. You are knowingly going into the site for offers. It has a tab and says the company name. I just don't do Paymentwall offers, ever. Swag bucks cannot credit you if the company that posts the offer (ie payment wall) makes a decision not to. It isn't a hoax or scam whatsoever. I love Swagbucks. You should definitely sign up again!

They are closing most of their accounts when you will try to reedem ur swagbucks by giving excuses that you are running multiple accounts. If they have to close the accounts why do they wait for 10 days for me and when I try to redeem after completing 3700 bucks yheu deactivated my account.

This is a Scam as I know I was using only one account and I asked them to provide me the name of other account which I am using they did not answer till now. Don't sign up they will pay only 1 out of 1 lac customers.

November 17, 2011 Flag

It's been many years since I purchased a brand new handbag for myself. At first, I searched thrift stores and estate sales and didn't find anything to my liking. Either the purses were too big, too small or too old fashioned.

A great price on a handbag from T.J. Maxx

August 15, 2013 Flag

This site is a site I have tried. I did about two weeks worth of surveys. I earned 140 opinion points and cashed out through Paypal for fourteen dollars.

October 2, 2008 Flag

I signed up for surveys that you get points for answering. They give rewards of either merchandise or cash. For the last 4 years each October, I turn in the points for gift cards or merchandise to be used as gifts.

April 6, 2010 Flag

I've joined a couple of survey sites online to earn a few extra bucks. Some award money (haven't seen any yet) and some award points towards rewards. Have any of you joined these survey sites? Which ones have you found really do pay and are worth your while?

I don't want to waste time with sites that promise rewards (either $ or points) and then don't deliver. Thanks in advance for your kind answers!

By Jennifer from Tonawanda, NY

I've found the best survey-for-pay site is mysurvey.com. They're points-based, but once you get into it, you can accumulate points quickly. A lot of surveys are only 5 points, but longer or more complicated surveys can earn quite a bit more. For example, I earned 150 points for the online portion of a communications survey, and will receive 500 more points when they receive the phone bill I mailed them to complete the survey. (I was allowed to choose for myself whether to share that info, and their policy is not to sell or share member info to outside entities.) I've been a member perhaps 3 years. I've received one payout of $20 and am well on the way to a $30 payout. The only catch is the recent addition of a 150-point surcharge per payout. If you like, you can send me a TF note with your email address, and I can send you a referral. You don't need it to join, but I'll get a few reward points... just a thought.

I've been a member of mypoints for over 10 years. I've gotten a couple of thousand dollars worth of gift cards over that time and I don't participate in most of the stuff they offer. Mypoints is easy and reliable. The gift cards usually arrive within a week or so.

July 24, 2005 Flag

Has anyone signed up with Highest Pay Surveys, does it really pay you?

Robin from Indiana

The reason I got to this site that I was trying to find out if "Highestpaysurveys' really pay you $300 they promise. From what I've read apparently they don't. Well, it sounded too good to be true from the beginning. Don't think I can do anything about it.

Thanks guys was just about entering my credit card details. Pls do any of you guys have an advise about an online system or survey that really works. I have wasted lots of money lately searching for one.

April 7, 2014 Flag

Is Inboxddollars.com a legit website or is it a scam?

By cutiepie37 from Dothan, AL

I have been using inbox dollars for a few years now. It is a good, trustworthy site. I get a few cents for reading emails that are sent to me by them. I also have done some surveys, but haven't had a lot of luck in being accepted for them. You can also get a percentage of your purchases back if you shop through their website. I haven't earned a whole lot, but have gotten more than $20 from them before. That is the minimum to get paid. If you work at it more, you can earn more. I belong to swagbucks, mypoints.com, and shopathome.com, so I spread out my activities and purchases. It is good mad money!

I've been using InboxDollars for several years, and they are indeed legitimate. You can earn 2-cents for just confirming that you read an email - you just open it and close it, that's it. There are usually 3-4 current surveys, and you may or may not qualify for them, but that happens with all survey sites - they filter for participants according to demographic data they have on file when you register, or update your profile. Each survey that you complete is worth anywhere from 25-cents to several dollars, though most will be $1 or under. Your account is credited pretty quickly. If you don't qualify for a survey, right now they have a spin-the-wheel game to play, where you might earn sweepstakes entries (they have a sweepstakes running for several months), 5-cents, 10-cents, a 25-cent token, or nothing. The amount of the token will be credited to your account after you qualify for and complete your next survey.

I've redeemed my balances for payment, or for gift cards. You won't get rich quick, but if you don't mind taking the time to do a survey or two each day, and open & close email messages (for offers you don't have to take, unless you want to), then it's a pleasant way to accumulate a little cash or get gift cards. I redeemed most of my balance around 3 months ago, and I'm back up to over $29 again, plus they rewarded me with a few extra dollars when I redeemed my balance. It is definitely legitimate, and worthwhile if you're patient.

Another plus is, that they don't require you to download any software to participate in their surveys. I stay away from any survey sites that want me to download anything, because I did that once and it caused problems on my computer, so I uninstalled it, and now I don't trust any site like that.

April 18, 2007 Flag

Has anyone had results, good or bad, from the online survey sites? Are they too good to be true?

Roz from Victoria, BC

Some take awhile to build up "points" but the surveys are legitamite (I have had companies send surveys using the same company independantly) and sometimes you'll get products to try. I have cashed in for some prizes, and while I don't get alot, it is nice to get a gift for the kids or yourself without spending extra money!

Here are my sites:

You can also join the General Mills advisory panel by going to www.millsadvisorypanel.com

I found that out by calling the 1-800 number to ask about nut allergies and Cheerios, and the customer service lady asked me about joining the panel. I may inquire other companies when I call them or go on their websites (I have allergies to tree & peanuts!)

sorry, sometimes you do get a check...but it is for under $10 usually. I wouldn't look at it as supplemental income, but they are fun, helpful to companies, and you can get something out of it without paying money!

December 1, 2009 Flag

Does anyone have any experience with the survey site www.bigspot.com? I have seen it advertised on TV.

By Scooter from Grand Prairie, TX

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would like any info on online surveys. I know that some can cause problems for your PC. I am looking for some good ones to make extra money at home.

I have never heard of it and have never seen a legit survey site advertise on TV.

Here are some reviews:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/telemar ... gspot-com-nothing-but-spam-77729.htm

Another link said:

"Bigspot.com is a very complex scam & a front for the company www.SurveyPayoff.com who do charge you for services."

Compare the websites for both side by side and they are pretty near identical.

I personally would stay away from this one.

I do a few survey sites but try to stick with ones in the top ten list at Survey Police. You can research other survey sites there also. I see absolutely no mention there of BigSpot.com

You won't get rich with any of them...just some extra spending money. But it isn't worth a few extra bucks to be spammed or scammed so please be cautious.

February 26, 2004 Flag

I was wondering. Has anyone ever participated in the get paid to take surveys? It sounds too good. I would like to make some extra money but stay at home for my family (I already work part time). Any advice out there?

Load More
Better Living Frugal Living AdviceNovember 7, 2012
older blind woman sitting on a bench
Receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
Handyman Finding Appliance Manuals Online
Finding Appliance Manuals Online
A woman paying her bills online.
Paying Bills Online