File Replacement Buttons and Yarns

Often when you buy a sweater, jacket or coat, or other clothing, it comes with a couple of replacement buttons or yarn to repair a snag. These can be easily lost. I take mine and staple or tape them onto an index card (one card per clothing item) and write on the card the name of the person who owns the clothing and a description of the clothing, such as "Susie, red velvet dress with white collar". Then, I file them in a recipe style box. Each person has their own tab. Then, if I need to replace a button, or need that bit of yarn to repair a snag, I know right where it is. I keep the box in a cabinet in my laundry room. If the clothing becomes a hand me down after the kids outgrow it, the card goes with the clothing.

Organizing AdviceDecember 28, 2016
downloading a file
Deleting a Downloaded File
An electrical cord plugged into an outlet.
Finding Replacement Cords for Electronics
Making a Bead Bracelet
Bracelet Craft Ideas
Reusing File Folders
Reusing File Folders
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 2:53:47 PM on 10.0.1.54 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.