Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Fixing Soup That's Too Sweet

0 0EmailFollow
Soup That's Too Sweet

Sometimes your soup is good, but somehow it got too much sweetener. This guide is about fixing soup that is too sweet.

Solutions: Fixing Soup That's Too Sweet

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Soup is Too Sweet?

If you make soup and it comes out too sweet, just add a little salt or a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to it.

By ThriftyFun

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Fixing Soup That's Too Sweet.

Question: Sweet Tasting Vegetable Soup

I made a pot of vegetable soup using soup bones, carrots, potatos, okra, and onion. The spices were two bay leaves, a teaspoon of thyme, a tablespoon of chili powder, a tablespoon of salt, about a teaspoon of pepper, and a couple of squirts of Worcestershire sauce. I also added a can of diced tomatoes but didn't notice until after the fact that they were fire roasted tomatoes. The soup has a sweet taste that is weird and I'd like to get rid of it. Any suggestions?

By Sue

Question: Homemade Tomato Soup is Too Sweet

I made homemade tomato soup as I can't have salt. It tastes really good, but is a bit too sweet. Vinegar sounded like only thing I could use, but pickle juice is full of sodium.

It was a little thin so I put in a little mashed potato flakes. I used half and half to make it a bit creamier, but help! It's still too sweet. Thanks.

By Vivien from Fort Worth, TX

Most Recent Answer

By Nan Corpe [6]03/14/2011

Be sure you're not using canned tomatoes with added sugar.

Question: Stew Is Too Sweet

I made some beef soup and one of the ingredients I used was very sweet. I would like to know how can I take the sweetness out?

By nanakuligirl from Graham

Most Recent Answer

By mapuana [1]10/08/2009

I like your answer better, thanks, that's what I had to do was to drain some of the liquid and add more.