Fixing Soup That's Too Sweet

Sometimes your soup is good, but somehow it got too much sweetener. This guide is about fixing soup that is too sweet.

Soup That's Too Sweet
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I made homemade tomato soup as I can't have salt. It tastes really good, but is a bit too sweet. Vinegar sounded like only thing I could use, but pickle juice is full of sodium.

It was a little thin so I put in a little mashed potato flakes. I used half and half to make it a bit creamier, but help! It's still too sweet. Thanks.

By Vivien from Fort Worth, TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Be sure you're not using canned tomatoes with added sugar.

Read More Answers...

I made some beef soup and one of the ingredients I used was very sweet. I would like to know how can I take the sweetness out?

By nanakuligirl from Graham

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I like your answer better, thanks, that's what I had to do was to drain some of the liquid and add more.

Read More Answers...

If you make soup and it comes out too sweet, just add a little salt or a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to it.

By ThriftyFun

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesDecember 18, 2012
Spicy Soup With Peppers
Fixing Soup With Too Much Pepper
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
granulated and cube sugar
Fixing A Recipe with Too Much Sugar
Oak Stairs
Fixing Squeaky Stairs
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 19, 2016 at 8:58:17 AM on 10.0.0.209 in 484 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.