Fixing Soup That's Too Sweet

Soup That's Too Sweet

Sometimes your soup is good, but somehow it got too much sweetener. This guide is about fixing soup that is too sweet.

Solutions: Fixing Soup That's Too Sweet

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Soup is Too Sweet?

If you make soup and it comes out too sweet, just add a little salt or a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to it.

By ThriftyFun

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Fixing Soup That's Too Sweet.

Question: Stew Is Too Sweet

I made some beef soup and one of the ingredients I used was very sweet. I would like to know how can I take the sweetness out?

By nanakuligirl from Graham

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By mapuana [1] 10/08/2009

I like your answer better, thanks, that's what I had to do was to drain some of the liquid and add more.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Question: Homemade Tomato Soup is Too Sweet

I made homemade tomato soup as I can't have salt. It tastes really good, but is a bit too sweet. Vinegar sounded like only thing I could use, but pickle juice is full of sodium.

It was a little thin so I put in a little mashed potato flakes. I used half and half to make it a bit creamier, but help! It's still too sweet. Thanks.

By Vivien from Fort Worth, TX

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By Nan Corpe [7] 03/14/2011

Be sure you're not using canned tomatoes with added sugar.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Question: Sweet Tasting Vegetable Soup

I made a pot of vegetable soup using soup bones, carrots, potatos, okra, and onion. The spices were two bay leaves, a teaspoon of thyme, a tablespoon of chili powder, a tablespoon of salt, about a teaspoon of pepper, and a couple of squirts of Worcestershire sauce. I also added a can of diced tomatoes but didn't notice until after the fact that they were fire roasted tomatoes. The soup has a sweet taste that is weird and I'd like to get rid of it. Any suggestions?

By Sue

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No