Fixing Soup That's Too Sweet

Sometimes your soup is good, but somehow it got too much sweetener. This guide is about fixing soup that is too sweet.

Soup That's Too Sweet
Filter Sort

Question: Stew Is Too Sweet

By mapuana 1 1

I made some beef soup and one of the ingredients I used was very sweet. I would like to know how can I take the sweetness out?

By nanakuligirl from Graham

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By mapuana 1 1 Flag

I like your answer better, thanks, that's what I had to do was to drain some of the liquid and add more.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Homemade Tomato Soup is Too Sweet

By vivien 2

I made homemade tomato soup as I can't have salt. It tastes really good, but is a bit too sweet. Vinegar sounded like only thing I could use, but pickle juice is full of sodium.

It was a little thin so I put in a little mashed potato flakes. I used half and half to make it a bit creamier, but help! It's still too sweet. Thanks.

By Vivien from Fort Worth, TX

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Nan Corpe 7 290 Flag

Be sure you're not using canned tomatoes with added sugar.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Sweet Tasting Vegetable Soup

I made a pot of vegetable soup using soup bones, carrots, potatos, okra, and onion. The spices were two bay leaves, a teaspoon of thyme, a tablespoon of chili powder, a tablespoon of salt, about a teaspoon of pepper, and a couple of squirts of Worcestershire sauce. I also added a can of diced tomatoes but didn't notice until after the fact that they were fire roasted tomatoes. The soup has a sweet taste that is weird and I'd like to get rid of it. Any suggestions?

By Sue

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Soup is Too Sweet?

If you make soup and it comes out too sweet, just add a little salt or a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to it.

By ThriftyFun

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesDecember 18, 2012
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Fixing a Squeaky Shoe
Fixing a Squeaky Shoe
granulated and cube sugar
Fixing A Recipe with Too Much Sugar
Oak Stairs
Fixing Squeaky Stairs
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 12:10:12 PM on 10.0.0.32 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings