Sweet Tasting Vegetable Soup?

I made a pot of vegetable soup using soup bones, carrots, potatos, okra, and onion. The spices were two bay leaves, a teaspoon of thyme, a tablespoon of chili powder, a tablespoon of salt, about a teaspoon of pepper, and a couple of squirts of Worcestershire sauce. I also added a can of diced tomatoes but didn't notice until after the fact that they were fire roasted tomatoes. The soup has a sweet taste that is weird and I'd like to get rid of it. Any suggestions?

By Sue

The fire-roasted tomatoes may have part of the cause, because I used them also, plus I had a lot of carrots to use up. I added just a little salt, some distilled vinegar, and a pinch each of baking soda & cayenne pepper--then rounded things out, with a tad of lemon juice. Problem corrected!

I used apple cider vinegar and it worked !!!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesJanuary 16, 2013
🍀
🌻
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Sweet-Tasting-Vegetable-Soup.html