Freezing Cookie Dough

Having cookie dough available in the freezer can make quick cookies for snacks. This guide is about freezing cookie dough.

Freezing Cookie Dough
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Ice Cube Tray for Cookie DoughMix up your favorite cookie dough. Make extra and freeze in ice cube trays. When you want to bake several cookies or more pull out you ice cube tray and pop out as many cookies as you want to bake.

I always have cookie dough in the freezer ready to bake. When you mix up your own dough, you know what is in it, and it saves you money over the store bought cookie dough.

Source: A friend shared this info with me a long time ago.

By Bobbie from Rockwall, TX

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have found most cookie dough can be made ahead of time and baked later. Be sure to tightly wrap the rolls of cookie dough in plastic wrap, chill in the refrigerator, and then freeze.

For drop cookies, I freeze them on a baking sheet, then transfer them to freezer bags. This works great for chocolate chip, sugar, oatmeal, and peanut butter cookies. Thaw the cookie dough for 30 minutes before baking.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, TX

scooping doughI was making cookies the other day and decided that I didn't want to bake the whole batch of dough. So, using my cookie dough scoop, I put the dough onto a baking sheet, and placed the whole sheet into the freezer until the dough was frozen. scooping dough I then removed them from the freezer, laid the dough balls onto pieces of waxed paper so they didn't touch, then placed them into a freezer bag. bagging up dough On the bag I wrote what kind they were, the date I packaged the dough, and the baking instructions for when I decide to bake them. Now I can bake as many cookies as I want! :) labeling bag

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Tips and recipes for freezing cookies and cookie dough. Post your ideas.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

When making cookies for the holiday I make double batches of the dough, roll into a log shape, wrap in plastic then in foil, put in freezer. When you have unexpectedly forgot a gift you just needs to slice and bake.

By Beachers from West Covina, CA

Read More Answers...

When I make chocolate chip cookies, I always make a full batch. Since it's just my husband and me, I bake a dozen and form and freeze the rest on wax paper in the freezer. After they are frozen, I just toss them in a tightly covered bowl and leave in the freezer until we are ready to make some more! I take them out and let them sit on the cookie sheet while the oven is pre-heating. This way our cookies are always soft and fresh!

By Judy

To save time, when making cookie dough, make at least one extra batch. Divide the extra batch, and put into clean frozen juice cans, covering the open end with foil, and freeze.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This video shows you a quick way to freeze your cookie dough. View the full recipe here: Freezing Cookie Dough

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I've found a way to re-use the plastic tube canisters that Wyler's lemonade and other brands of sugarless fruit drink mixes come in. They are the perfect size for cookie dough.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I love to make cookies, but with just my husband and 1 toddler at home, we can never eat a whole batch of cookies up before they are going stale. So I make a whole batch of cookie dough, bake just one or two sheets of cookies, then freeze the rest.

Food and Recipes Freezing Baked GoodsJuly 26, 2012
A yeast free cheese pizza.
No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipes
Man Kneading Pizza Dough
Freezing Pizza Dough
Rollong pin on round of pizza dough.
Biscuit Pizza Dough Recipes
Freezing Bread Dough
Freezing Bread Dough
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 25, 2016 at 3:47:38 PM on 10.0.1.69 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.