Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Front Loading Washer Not Spinning

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Front Loading Washer

Troubleshooting a washer that will not go into a spin cycle is not an uncommon event. This is a guide about a front loading washer not spinning.

Here are questions related to Front Loading Washer Not Spinning.

Question: Front Load Washer Does Not Spin

My Hotpoint front-loader spins only when empty or with the motor removed from the machine. All else appears fine.

By Alex

Most Recent Answer

By carmenr 07/19/2011

You may need a new belt. That's been my problem. Good luck! carmen1951

Question: Front Load Washer Not Spinning/Draining

My GE front loader won't spin/drain at the end of the cycle. The washer goes through the whole cycle fine, but won't spin to drain out the water at the end. I changed the catch basin and it is still not working.

By B. J. from MO

Question: Front Load Washer Not Spinning

My LG WM2277HW front load washing machine would not spin after washing. I dissembled the washing machine and replaced the broken iron "spider" behind the tub. After I re-assembled it, it does washing fine, but would not do normal spin. It seems the machine was trying hard and the tub turned for a few rounds, but could not pick up the speed and stopped, and then tried again, still could not pick up the speed and stopped, then finally showed a sign indicating "abnormal stop". Not sure if I messed up some switches during the dissembling and re-assembling.

By Man A Home

Most Recent Answer

By PENNY K02/10/2013

How old is washer? If it is 10 years, tranny might be going; buy a new one. There should be a tech number for your company, technicians can give you a lot of clues to follow up on. They've been very helpful to me, when there was still life. But yours might be transmission.

Question: Front Loading Kenmore Not Spinning

My front loading Kenmore washer model #417 sounds like it is spinning, but does not even though the belt is fine.

By John F

Most Recent Answer

By Dian06/20/2011

The drive shaft may be worn. Call the repair man. I have had that happen.

Question: Front Load Washer Not Spinning When Full

My Frigidaire front loader washer is not spinning when full. It spins ok if only a small amount of clothes are in it. We just replaced the belt, but it didn't help the problem. Should I just buy a new one or is this fixable?

Lori from Pleasanton, CA

Most Recent Answer

By Ted (Guest Post)03/24/2008

The drum is spun by the belt and motor, with it spinning with a half load I would say that the belt you got was the wrong size (to big) or the spring loaded self adjusting tenisoner isn't working, motors for the most part either work or they don't but it would be worthwhile to spin it by hand and see if it's freely spining, if it isn't it needs to be replaced.

Solutions: Front Loading Washer Not Spinning

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!