Front Loading Washer Not Spinning

Troubleshooting a washer that will not go into a spin cycle is not an uncommon event. This is a guide about a front loading washer not spinning.

Front Loading Washer
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

We have Frigidaire Gallery series stacked washer and dryer. The washer make a loud bang and is making a noise when spinning. Also the clothes are not spinning dry as they normally do. I think this could be a popped spring - however is this all it could be? Any help is appreciated as I usually repair our appliances.

Thank you.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

At first all it wouldn't do was fast spin, but it did everything else. Now it has stopped rotating altogether; what could the problem be?

By Sam

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You did not provide the washer brand, year model, etc., so difficult to help you. However, you can check the product booklet for possibilities, ask the store where purchased, and also check the manufacturer's website for help-customer service.

My Hotpoint front-loader spins only when empty or with the motor removed from the machine. All else appears fine.

By Alex

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You may need a new belt. That's been my problem. Good luck! carmen1951

My GE front loader won't spin/drain at the end of the cycle. The washer goes through the whole cycle fine, but won't spin to drain out the water at the end. I changed the catch basin and it is still not working.

By B. J. from MO

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Looking for an answer to this question, been on here for two days and the only thing I get is to clean the drain pump. Is there someone out there who really knows the answer to this question?

My LG WM2277HW front load washing machine would not spin after washing. I dissembled the washing machine and replaced the broken iron "spider" behind the tub. After I re-assembled it, it does washing fine, but would not do normal spin. It seems the machine was trying hard and the tub turned for a few rounds, but could not pick up the speed and stopped, and then tried again, still could not pick up the speed and stopped, then finally showed a sign indicating "abnormal stop". Not sure if I messed up some switches during the dissembling and re-assembling.

By Man A Home

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How old is washer? If it is 10 years, tranny might be going; buy a new one. There should be a tech number for your company, technicians can give you a lot of clues to follow up on. They've been very helpful to me, when there was still life. But yours might be transmission.

My Frigidaire front loader washer is not spinning when full. It spins ok if only a small amount of clothes are in it. We just replaced the belt, but it didn't help the problem. Should I just buy a new one or is this fixable?

Lori from Pleasanton, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The drum is spun by the belt and motor, with it spinning with a half load I would say that the belt you got was the wrong size (to big) or the spring loaded self adjusting tenisoner isn't working, motors for the most part either work or they don't but it would be worthwhile to spin it by hand and see if it's freely spining, if it isn't it needs to be replaced.

Read More Answers...

My front loading Kenmore washer model #417 sounds like it is spinning, but does not even though the belt is fine.

By John F

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The drive shaft may be worn. Call the repair man. I have had that happen.

I have a Frigidaire Affinity washer, model number ATF6500FG0. It will not go into the spin cycle. The washer does everything else, but won't go into the spin cycle.

By Cliff from Cochrane AB Canada

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Not sure about yours, but my front loader had a built in filter and it got clogged and wouldn't spin, opened the a little door on the front cleaned it out and works like new. I hope this helps, try calling the company and asking them what the problem could be. It could be minor and they might tell you over the phone.

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersFebruary 12, 2013
    washing machine
    Washer Not Spinning Properly
    Front Loading Washer
    Dyeing Clothing in a Front Loading Washer
    Front Loading Washer
    Using a Front Loading Washer
    A repairman looking at a washing machine.
    Repairing a Washer That Won't Drain or Spin
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 28, 2016 at 2:05:47 AM on 10.0.2.62 in 580 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.