GardenPhotos

Garden: Beauty by Any Name (Dandelion)

I know many will think why send a picture of that? As my mother used to say, weeds are just misplaced flowers, and just as beautiful. So in this time of tight budgets, I've just accepted any beauty in my garden, no matter what it's called!

By Maile

I'm right there with you!I've always liked them too.There's nothing prettier than a field full of dandelions!I don't care if they grow in my yard or not,I think they are pretty!Nice picture!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Dandelions are a good source of vitamins and are a great green to add to your salad. Then there is dandelion wine, jelly, and tonic. People need to get back to nature's roots instead of depending on the supermarkets where all the food is artificial and processed.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

A friend of mine always says, " A weed is any plant you don''t want in your garden or yard". So if you want the dandelions it is not a weed to you. I guess it is the perception of the beholder.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

People look at me like I'm crazy when I say my favorite flower is Dandelions, until I explain to them that the reason is because that is the flower my children have always given me from the time they were toddlers & 1st learned to pick flowers. They were always so proud of themselves when they presented them to me with great love! I have an assortment of small glass jars & pitchers that I keep just for dandelions & I usually have some in my kitchen window every year thanks to my kids & grandkids.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Absolutely spot-on, this one got an enthusiastic thumbs up from me!

Reply Like this photo? Yes