George Foreman Grill That Does Not Heat Up

My children bought us a large George Foreman grill for Christmas a few years ago and I just tried it out. Low and behold the bottom of the grill does not heat up. It barely gets warm. What can I do to resolve this problem?

Are you talking about the electric indoor/outdoor kettle type grill on a stand? That's what I have and the bottom of the grill is not supposed to get hot and only the grill plate itself is supposed to get hot. That's why it's safe to use indoors and outdoors. Even the lid doesn't get so hot that it will burn you like regular outdoor grills would if you accidently touch it. This also gives you the option to remove the kettle from the stand and use the kettle on a countertop or tabletop inside or outside if you want to.

Replacement appliance parts of all kinds at

We have the G-5 grill (the red one with changeable plates. The same thing happened. My husband carefully took the bottom section apart and found that one of the contacts had slipped out of it's socket. He pushed it back in, reassembled it and it works great. It's happened a couple of other times and he's fixed it this way every time.

Here's some links about this problems:

George Foreman Grill
Repairing a George Foreman Grill
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Small Kitchen AppliancesJune 6, 2011
George Foreman Rotisserie Oven
Replacement Parts for George Foreman Rotisserie Oven
Steaks on George Foreman Grill
Using A George Foreman Grill
George Foreman Grill
Cleaning a George Foreman Grill
George Foreman Grill
George Foreman Grill Recipes