Using A George Foreman Grill

Category BBQ and Grill
Steaks on George Foreman Grill
The George Foreman grill is a common kitchen appliance used for low fat cooking. This is a guide about using a George Foreman grill.

I have little counter space so everything on it has to be a useful appliance! I regularly make grilled cheese or grilled vegetables on an open George Forman grill or zucchini fritters on it. This weekend, I decided to try to make waffles!

I just used my Bisquick for the batter and poured a small circle onto the upper portion of the heated grill and let it run down the grill a bit. Don't add too much! I did close it and turned the waffles after the top was slightly browned in some areas.

They turned out looking like Bear Paws to me so that's what I now call them! You could name them Pet Paws or Monster Claws around Halloween, which is coming up!

I've included pics of both the Bear Paws and the zucchini fritters (which were incredible too!) Enjoy!

I really enjoy my little George Foreman grill, but the Teflon is peeling. I use a piece of lightweight tin foil, big enough to fold over the meat and spray it lightly with oil. Clean-up is a breeze, I just toss the foil afterward.

For those that wrote about the worn Teflon on their GF Grills, when the grill is cold, try pressing aluminum foil sheet on the grill plate(s) then cook as usual on on that.

Should make clean up easy. Might be good even if you don't have a problem!

By Syd

I have been using my Foreman Grill a lot this summer to cook chicken breasts. Anyone have any tips or recipes? I tried to cook with a little marinade on it but it was a little over too burnt once the chicken had cooked through. Anyway, thought I would see if anyone else is using the grill and if they are having success with it.

Monica in CO

Answers

If you type into your search menu, "George Foreman Grill Recipes" you find many sites with recipes. Here are a few...

http://www.321recipes.com/

http://www.free  c28_20030128.htm

http://www.bhg.  ill-Recipes.html

http://busycook  terms=find+grill

I am using an old Elmer's Rubber Cement Jar with brush attached to lid, that has been WELL CLEANED, to hold oil so I can lightly brush the GF Grill before plugging in to heat.

Seems to be working quite well for me! Quick and easy.

By Syd

When grilling bacon, use a square metal cake pan under the lip of the grill, instead of the small drip pans that come with the grill.

Bacon is very greasy.

By Syd

I spray the grill with Pam before heating. After using and unplugging, I immediately put a double layer of wet paper towels on it, close lid and when it is cool it is a breeze to clean.

I have a family of 3 and I'm trying to cook chicken breasts on the lean mean grilling machine. how long do you cook it for?

A Great group you can join on Yahoo is:

http://www.grou  ge_Foreman_Grill

Recipes sent out every day...

I love to cook my bacon in the microwave between a couple of pieces of paper towels. Read the instructions on the back of the bacon package.

Anyone have any cool craft ideas for something to create using my worn out Teflon George Foreman grill?

By Alice K

Trash it.

When making toasted sandwiches the top slice of bread sticks to the grilling machine plates. How do I avoid this?

By Carol