Getting Rid of Mice Safely

How do I get rid of mice, safely?

Sheila from Flint, Michigan

Getting Rid of Mice Safely

Pets eating mice that have been poisoned will also be poisoned. Sticky traps are cruel. Peppermint oil does NOT work. Those late night TV ads for magically ridding your home of mice with a sound you can't hear do not work. Wooden traps do work. Cats do work. Get your cat spayed or neutered and feed them well. Cats catch mice for fun when they feel well. (12/28/2007)

By dido

Getting Rid of Mice Safely

I have mice come into my heating vents during the bitter cold winter. I have read several of your comments on how to rid your home of them. Many of you mention cats and kittens. I have two indoor cats. But FYI - mice carry the horrible parasite called toxoplasmosis and cats can get the parasite from killing and or eating the mouse. I had a beautiful cat die from this absolutely horrible parasite and believe me you don't want to know the details. Try to rid your home as I have without using your cats or getting innocent cats from the shelter to keep as "mousers", you can read all about what happens to a cat from toxoplasmosis on the internet. And yes, I hate mice too! Read about it. Most vets don't know enough about toxoplasmosis to act quickly enough to save the cat once they've been infected. (01/02/2008)

By Sharlene

Getting Rid of Mice Safely

Using Moth balls to rid yourself of any kind of pest is something you may want to think about and educate yourself about as well. First off, moth balls cause lung disease. Proven fact. Also, they are EXTREMELY hazardous to the environment. One of the absolute worst pollutants you can use. You may as well put asbestos around your house. It is harmful to any kind of household pet by way of breathing in the toxins. Not to mention how harmful it is to your health. Please think twice about using this method. Also, it is an odor that takes literally years to get rid of once it penetrates any kind of wood materials used to build your home. Some states (my state where I live) will actually fine you for using it outside if they catch you.

Food for thought!

Editor's Note: We agree with this and have mentioned the hazards and problems with moth balls. Please find another method. (01/02/2008)

By NeeNee

mouse in the kitchen
Getting Rid of Mice
mouse peeking out of a hole in a loaf of bread
Getting Rid of Mice Without Killing Them
Black mouse on brown burlap bag
Getting Rid of Mice Naturally
Peppermint Oil
Using Peppermint Oil for Mice Control
Mouse hole in wall with a mouse peeking out
Getting Rid of Mice in an Apartment