Glue on New Windows

I just got new windows installed in my house. They have left plastic stickers and small plastic bags glued to the windows. I have tried the antibacterial lotion but it didn't work. This is really strong adhesive. Please help. My beautiful windows look horrible with these plastic bags glued to them.

Molly

Best Answer

I have found that WD-40 sprayed on the stickey residue works great....spray, let it penetrate, then rub off with a clean, dry cloth

Best Answer

We had the same thing with our new windows. We pealed off as much of the sticker as we could and then drenched what was left with WD-40, let it sit for a while and then use the side of a credit card to scrape the residue off. Repeat if necessary. Then wipe off as much of the WD-40 as you can with a paper towel and wash the window as usual. Works great.

Best Answer

I tried a few of the above last night to no avail, then I rang the window manufacturers (in this case Velux) and they said hot soapy water! I nearly laughed at them, but guess what? It worked! It was like the heat or soap changed the consistency of the glue from hard and unmovable to stretchy and with very little effort was removed.

Loobs

Ok People! My blue tape was on my Pella metal glad Windows sun baking for 8 YEARS! I read all the comments here. I had tried goof off and goo be gone before. I decide to go with the advice of the woman who called the Vellux manufacturer. Who said, "Usehot soapy water". To my shock with a little elbow grease and a soft rag, and a kitchen stainless steel scrubber ball in stubborn spots, it was removed with ease!

Hot soapy water is the best!!

We just had new windows installed as well, we were told by the man who installed them to use Windex. (I know, it sounds obvious) but it really did work for me! We had stickers and sticky residue. I squirted it on, moved on to the next window, letting the first one soak for a minute, then I went back with a razor blade and scraped it right off!

WD 40 worked..thank you thank you thank you....;)

My new windows had glue and stickers on them. I succesfully used cooking oil followed immediately by windex.

We just installed new windows with the UV ray protection and read not to use razor blades on them. I've cleaned and cleaned and couldn't get the glue off. I read one of the feedback saying to use WD-40, but didn't have any so I used my GIBBS Brand Lubricant that works on everything and had heard you could clean your glass with it... Well, I used the GIBBS on the sticky stuff and it worked like a CHARM! Besides that, it cleaned my glass with no hazy film which you'd expect from a LUBRICANT! Thanks once again GIBBS!

WD40 WORKED GREAT. Just make sure you wash it off. It can be toxic to kids.

HOT WATER and soap works! Thanks for the hint.

Hey, I know this is a bit later than most people have posted, but I have a great way to remove all sorts of adhesives from glass. A while ago i bought a car that had cheaply tinted windows. After removing the tints, the windows were covered with baked on, nasty adhesive. I couldn't scrape it off. I talked to a guy at a tinting shop, and he said that they use cold cream. I had no clue what it was being a 16 yr old guy. Apparently the womenfolk use it to take their makeup off or something. Anyways, I bought some at my local store (its in the make up aisle) and applied it to my windows. I waited about half an hour, and voila, the adhesive came right off. Cold cream turns the adhesive into a sort of snotty texture. all you need is something to take it off with... Good stuff.

Removing Labels from New Windows
Home and Garden Home Improvement WindowsFebruary 3, 2005
Tape on windows.
Cleaning Tape Off Windows
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
A woman stand in a room built using recycled windows.
Building with Recycled Windows
Installing a New Window
Hiring Someone to Replace Your Windows
🎄