Gnats Biting Dogs

I am having a problem with gnats biting my outdoor dogs. They are infesting the tops of their ears and noses, drawing blood and annoying the dogs. Any suggestions?

Gnats Biting Dogs

I got some spray at the local co-op called ADAMS flea and tick spray, they also have the shampoo. I was told by the groomer to get it because my Pomeranian got into a nest of mites. It works and all kinds of critters that get on dogs. You might want to try that.

NOTE: dogs hate the smell, although, I think it smells quite nice. The first several times I put it on our dog she foamed at the mouth and your dogs will roll around in something that "smells good" like a dead frog afterwards if they get have a chance.

If you can't find the ADAMS in your local tractor supply store look for it online. Good luck... (07/12/2005)

By JustCeleste

Gnats Biting Dogs

Try putting Vaseline on the affected areas. It will keep the gnat from bitting those areas. (07/14/2005)

By JMRoss

Gnats Biting Dogs

My dogs come and go all day long inside and out. I use AVON skin so soft - apply small amount to there ears and also I have used kids cutters (insect repellent) and I spray it on my hand and rub it on there ears/ snout. Be careful not to get it in there eyes. Also do not apply to broken skin (09/13/2005)

By cindy.

Dog in yard.
Gnats Biting Dogs
Furious girl with a fly swatter.
Getting Rid of Gnats
Insect Repellant
Repelling Gnats Outside
Diaper Pail
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Diaper Pail
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Litter Box
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Litter Box
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 15, 2016 at 6:04:04 AM on in 915 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.