Golden Retriever/Chow Mix Photos

Category Dog Breeds
Muffin (Golden Retriever - Chow Mix)
Two popular breeds, the Golden and Chow, are often cross bred, producing puppies with traits from both parents. This guide contains Golden Retriever and Chow mix photos.

Where can I find a golden retriever chow mixed puppy?

Nicole from Worcester, MA

Answer Was this helpful? 1

My daughter has a rescue retriever - chow. It may be shiba-enu chow, but can't be sure without a DNA test. She is wonderful but a little strange at times, but I think that is from her prior life rather than her mix. The pic is right after a summer cut.

I rescued this dog, "Purty" along with her 2 pups from a waste water treatment plant last week and they were in pretty rough shape. They were treated by Cape FearAnimal Hospital and she is up to date on all shots and vaccinations. Her pups have been placed in a home and she is now spayed. I've been working with Columbus County Humane Society which if the dog is adopted, it will be through them.

"Purty" is approximately 18-24 months old and super friendly. She was obviously owned by someone at one time because she's so sweet. My guess is someone dumped her when they found out she was pregnant. She is currently on an antibiotic due to her malnourishment and a developed bacterial skin infection. It is looking much better already in 2 weeks time. She is very mellow, but might act a bit timid at first.

Please call or e-mail if you or anyone you know could help by fostering/adopting "Purty." Thanks so much!

910-538-2983 Robin

Just had to add my sentiment that this is a wonderful cross. My Golden/Chow mix is sweet, very affectionate, but just a bit stubborn like a Chow. A wonderful dog, I would recommend this cross and only wish we could see more of them.

Hi- our Chow Golden is Willie! He is 6 years old and an incredible dog. I will tell you as a puppy we had to do obedience as he was a reckless, stubborn, maniac who had absolutely boundless energy. We live on a lake and he loves the water, cars- and other dogs. He is very social and likes people- especially little kids. He loves to water retrieve and goes for hours. I also have a chow collie cross and he too is an incredible dog who is now 8. My third is a Chow hound cross who, a female who is an absolute sweetheart. She is 12. All of them were adopted as rescues from the shelter. I wouldn't get a dog any other way!

This is my chow retriever mix, Pea` (payuh) which means bear in Hawaiian. He pulled the chow look but the retriever personality. He's 8 now but 4 in this picture and still looks the same. I love this dog like no other. He is part of the family. He's very loyal. Friendly but protective when needed. I can't keep him out of the water or away from balls. He goes nuts for both. I personally think this should be a new breed, it's a wonderful mix!

We adopted "canyon" from a shelter, he is golden/chow mix. He's the best. We don't know how old he is, but by far, best dog ever. He's not too active, talks by growling, won't venture far from us when off his leash. I recommend this mix breed highly!

He is beautiful. I have a chow border golden mix and she's the best dog I have ever had. She's very stubborn about stuff, but is extremely smart and loyal. She also talks by a growling, anoyed sound when she wants something.

The animal shelters are the best bet for mixed breeds. Here is a picture of my Golden Retriever Chow mix. He is now 8 years old and one of the best dogs I have ever owned.

This was Brady. We lost him about a month ago due to illness. He looks so much like these Golden Retriever Chow Mixes, I had to add him to this post. He was my best friend, so good with my kids that he will be hard to replace. If I could find another one of this mix, I would definitely grab it up.

The one on the left is Angela. I adopted her from a shelter at 6 months old. Great personality and obedient dog.

Muffin is a Chow/Golden mix. She is gentle and sweet,perfect in the house, my best friend, and great with my grandchildren and all children. Yet she is very protective of me. She inherited the best from both breeds.

My Golden/Chow mix named Dusty was a great goat herding dog. He saw through my eyes where I wanted him to go next he watched for my hand signals and was a natural. He loved his job too. We definitely had one of those E.S.P. things going on. Golden Retriever / Chow mixes make the best guard dogs too. They are not a get in your face and lick you kind of dog, just a good companion who definitely watches your back.

I found my lifesaver (literally) at a shelter after hurricane Katrina. She was all bundled up by herself because all of her siblings had found homes, and I scooped her up and she just snuggled on my shoulders and then one of the adoption workers came up to me and explained that she had not gone to anyone the entire time she had been there. She was thrown off a bridge with her siblings and abused in other ways, so she said that she was very standoffish towards people. So, I when she told me all of this I knew that she was my new baby, and she has been treated so ever since.

She is spoiled rotten! We had 2 other dogs when I adopted her and she immediately clung to them and always got along with them great. She acted like they were her new mommies. While when she was a puppy she was very energetic and into everything! she was easily potty trained, and much of her puppy-ness problems came from us not wanting to punish her. But, we eventually did and she has been the biggest blessing ever since. She is great with my nephews and just loves them. They pull on her ears and ride her around. She has no food aggression. She has the best temperament of any dog we have ever had! She's playful when you want her to be, and calm when she needs to be! Her name is Koda which means to teach about love. And she has fully lived up to her name in every aspect. People dote on her all the time, saying how beautiful she is. She truly has the best of Goldens and Chows. And she is protective only when she needs to be, like when people come to the door she doesn't know, until they come inside and she automatically makes them her new best friend!

This is our Beary Baby, he is just so wonderful, always happy go lucky, and never meets a stranger. Everyone loves him. Our family is not sure whether he is Chow/Golden, Shar-Pei/Golden, or a mix of all three, but we love him, and wish we could clone him. My sister in law keeps trying to get him to jump in her car so that she can steal him away. We Love Him, along with our other 3 babies.

I dont know. if you do have any lemme know! :D

I love my Rudy I saved him from a lady in Southern MI. The ladies dog had a liter of puppies she didn't want any of them. And since I was the age of 16 I picked the calmest one which was the sickest. So sad, his worms were as long as he was. It was amazing he lived through it all. He is my lil' love bug. He is the best dog I have ever known. The only thing is he has a lot of Retriever in him He loves to run. He's not pushy, very polite, but once he is outside he will run and run and run forever! But I wouldn't trade him for the world. ~

Just had to share this pic of my best buddy, Harley, when he was around 8. He's about 13 years old now and has bad arthritis in his hind end. I know our time together is growing short.

What a wonderful companion he has been! Sweet and intelligent disposition, so hug-gable and personality plus! He has never snapped, growled or shown any aggression. He barks to talk or alert me and loves to socialize; he knows everyone want to say hello to him.

He was rescued from the pound as a puppy (who in the world would give away a treasure like him - it was my good fortune to find him!). I hope I can share my life with another Golden Chow someday.

Love you bunches, Buddy Boy! My life wouldn't have been the same without you!

Our lovely She-ba was adopted. We got our Chow Retriever from a neighbor who was giving her and her brother away. When we got her she was 6 weeks old, now she's 12years. The family loves her they're energetic, loving, protective yet friendly dogs.

Awe this thread just makes my day. I stumbled upon my golden chow in april 2010 where a family was giving her away. Her name is Ellie and she is the BEST dog anyone could ever ask for. She is very playful with other dogs and a bit stand-offish with people initially. But once she warms up, she quickly becomes a wonderful friend. She is extremely smart and loves to please! I cannot imagine life without my Ellie Bee.

This is our 10 month old Golden Chow Chloe. We rescued her from the shelter when she was 3 months old, she is alot smaller than most.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Leroy is a one year old Golden Retriever / Chow Mix. I adopted Leroy! He likes to play with his brother Milo, go for walks in the park, take car rides, fetch balls, and organize his toys.

I'm so happy to have found Leroy at the shelter. He is the perfect companion for Milo and for me. We are so excited to have him as a member of our little family!

By Missymls from Chicago, IL

Leroy (Golden Retriever/Chow)

Comment Like this photo? 12

Nikki is 12 years old 5 months old. My dog is a mix of Chow Chow and Golden Retriever. i adopted my Nikki at the north shore animal shelter 12 years ago. She likes to take walks on the beach, hiking and playing with her toys.

My dog Nikki is my little angel, she come into my life when I needed it the most. I had pets all my life, but Nikki is a special dog, so loving, caring, loyal and gentle with children although protective.

By Maria from Winthrop, MA

Nikki (Chow Chow/Golden Retriever)

Comment Like this photo? 7

Your Pet's Age
Sugar

Your Pet's Breed
Golden/Chow Mix

How and when did you get your pet?
Craigslist in June 2015

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Playing fetch and chewing

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
She's a very fast runner and also loves to chase animals.

Comment Like this photo? 7

Your Pet's Age
6 months

Your Pet's Breed
Golden Chow Mix

How and when did you get your pet?
June 2015, from Craiglist

What does your pet like to do for fun?
She likes to play fetch and chase animals.

I can tell she's a hunter, but at the same time she is very loving.

Comment Like this photo? 6

Your Pet's Age
2 years

Your Pet's Breed
Golden Chow Mix

How and when did you get your pet?
Sandy joined our family in January 2014. She came to us from a shelter in CA.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Run, chase and play in water. Sandy has been likened to a football running back. She can turn on a dime and is quick!

Sandy is a wonderful dog, full of love. She has the personality of a Golden and sometimes the stubbornness of a Chow Chow, but always comes around. We have socialized her with other dogs and people and she loves going camping with us!

Comment Like this photo? 5

Foxx B is two years old. He is a Chow/Golden Retriever Mix We got him December 2008 (he was a rescue from S. Carolina). He likes to walk, cuddle, eat, play with children, go to the dog park.

Foxx B (Chow/Golden Retriever Mix)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

Muffin is a Golden Retriever - Chow Mix. I rescued her when she was two and needed two hip surgeries. The surgeries were very successful.

Muffin (Golden Retriever - Chow Mix)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

When he was approximately 1 year old from the animal shelter. He is a real hoot. He likes to run and play and jump and act tough, but when there is thunder or fireworks he becomes the furriest lapdog in the world!

closeup of Lyle's face

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

We rescued Murphy from a shelter. He loves long walks, playing with his many stuffed animal, eating, and belly rubs.

Murphy (Golden Chow)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

Bubba is 4 1/2 years old. He is a Chow and Golden Retriever mix. I adopted him as a puppy from the Sonoma County Animal Shelter. He was found in a nearby town in shopping cart.

Bubba (Chow/Golden Retriever)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

This is Sharma, a ten year old chow and golden retriever mix. We rescued our baby from an abusive home. But she is the queen of the house and controls the whole family by her beautiful charm.

Sharma (Chow, Golden Retriever)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

We picked him at the Humane Society when he was just 6 weeks old.

Scout (Chow/Golden Mix)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

Lola is a Golden Retriever Chow mix we got from a shelter in April 2013. We couldn't have asked for a sweeter dog.

Dog in yard.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1