Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Homemade Bisquick Mix Recipes

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Bisquick Mix Recipe

You can make your own version of the popular baking mix, Bisquick. This page contains homemade Bisquick mix recipes.

Solutions: Homemade Bisquick Mix Recipes

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Recipe: Homemade Bisquick Mix

This a good master mix to use in place of Bisquick and saves money to boot.

• 4 1/2 cups unbleached flour
  • 2 Tbsp. sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups instant powdered milk
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 cup baking powder
  • 1 cup shortening

Directions:

Whisk together all of the dry ingredients. Place half of the dry mixture and half of the shortening into a food process. Process until combined. Repeat for second half of ingredients. Combine both batches in a big bowl and work with your hands, breaking up any larger pieces.

Store in a covered container and use within a month. To measure, use the same scoop and level method you would use with regular flour.

Note: In hot weather, especially if your kitchen is not air conditioned, mix should be kept in the refrigerator.

Source: Amanda's cooking blog

By Elaine from Belle Plaine, IA

Recipe: Recipe for Making Bisquick

I need the ingredients for making your own Bisquick.

By Bonnie from Niagara Falls

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Homemade Bisquick Mix Recipes.

Question: Homemade Bisquick Mix Without Shortening

I am concerned about using shortening as all the labels I have been reading indicate a hydrogenated process has been carried out. ie. Crisco. Can I make a Bisquick homemade mix using oil? And if so, how much would I use?

By Lorraine

Most Recent Answer

01/18/2011

I personally wouldn't use oil as a substitute for shortening for any bisquik/flour type of baking unless the recipe calls for it because oils give a more flat dense end product. Just substitute an equal amount of unsalted butter or if using salted butter don't use the recommended salt amount in the recipe. And please don't even think to use margarine as a substitute to save money because it is hydrogenated too even if only partially and even if the margarine package says not hydrogenated some of the ingredients they use to make the margarine are.

Question: Bisquick Substitute

I'm short on Bisquick for an ingredient. What can I use instead?

By Chris

Best Answers

By Dana [6]03/24/2010

1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
and than add the rest of your ingredients. So easy, good luck

Best Answers

By Cathy03/24/2010

Here is a recipe I had on file:

Multi-Purpose Baking Mix

8 cups flour (4c. Unbleached flour + 4c. Whole wheat)
1/4 cup double-acting baking powder
4 tsp. Salt
1 cup shortening (can substitute oil, and keep mix refrigerated)
1 and 1/3 cups dry powdered milk

In large bowl, blend together: 4 c. unbleached flour, salt, and baking powder. Add shortening and cut in with pastry blender until it resembles coarse crumbs. Work out your aggressions here, with that tool - one of my favorite workouts! Stir in powdered milk, then whole wheat flour. Store in an airtight container or heavy duty ziploc bag (keeps about 2 months). Refrigerate, if using oil instead of shortening. For longer storage, you can freeze it. Much healthier and cheaper than fancy brands of mix.

Question: Homemade Betty Crocker Bisquick

I am looking fo a homemade version of Betty Crocker boxed "Bisquick" mix. I have used it for years and know it's out there somewhere. It's quicker and easier than the "flour" way, since I usually don't have all the goodies anyway. Thank you for your help.

George Lamb from Leeds, AL

Most Recent Answer

By Anne (Guest Post)01/14/2006

What type of shortening?