Homemade Bug Spray

Making a spray to deal with insects can take care of the problem. This guide is about homemade bug spray.

Homemade Bug Spray
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Sitting at my desk this morning, I heard the buzz of an insect. To my dismay, a very large, wasp-like insect was buzzing between the window and the curtain. Not wanting to spray insecticide where I would be working for the next several hours, I grabbed a spray bottle of 25% vinegar/75% water that I use to spot kill weeds. It killed the critter almost instantly, and no toxins for me to breathe!

By Linda from Vista, CA

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do I make a homemade inexpensive spray for flying insects?

By Marion

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I use a cheap can of hair spray. Spray the flying insects and it stiffens their wings so they can't fly! I use this especially on bees or wasps that get in the house. Works every time!

Read More Answers...

Do you have any natural bug spray recipes to share? Please submit them here.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I mixed half Listerine and half rubbing alcohol with a few drops of dish soap in a spray bottle. A few squirts on HUGE horseflies in the house and they rolled over dead!

Read More Answers...

If you don't have any bug spray around - try using Listerine. It kills them just as fast as the bug spray and it's not harmful to us.

By Heather S.

If you have to spray any type of bug spray to save or preserve your plants or flowers (inside or outside), add a few drops of Dawn dish detergent to the mixture and it will actually help the spray stick and work, instead of run off. It will keep its strength and stick better to your plants.

By David from Ellsworth, ME

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Use rhubarb leaves to kill aphids. Boil three to five rhubarb leaves in one litre (one quart) of water for 30 minutes. Add a dash of dish soap or vegetable oil for sticking power and spray away.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Home and Garden Pest Control InsectsNovember 27, 2012
    Bug Sprayed on Wood Table
    Cleaning a Bug Spray Stain on Wood Table
    Multidirectional Spray Bottle
    Making a Multidirectional Spray Bottle
    Spray bottle of perfume.
    Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
    Hair Spray Nozzle
    Unclogging Hair Spray Nozzle
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 19, 2016 at 9:09:21 AM on 10.0.2.170 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.