Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Homemade Bug Spray

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Homemade Bug Spray

Making a spray to deal with insects can take care of the problem. This guide is about homemade bug spray.

Solutions: Homemade Bug Spray

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Dishsoap Insect Spray

I use soap to spray for insects in garden. Mix 1 tablespoon of liquid soap with water in a quart spray bottle from Dollar store. Spray once a week and after a rain.

By Kathleen from Dothan, AL

Tip: Nontoxic Vinegar Bug Spray

Sitting at my desk this morning, I heard the buzz of an insect. To my dismay, a very large, wasp-like insect was buzzing between the window and the curtain. Not wanting to spray insecticide where I would be working for the next several hours, I grabbed a spray bottle of 25% vinegar/75% water that I use to spot kill weeds. It killed the critter almost instantly, and no toxins for me to breathe!

By Linda from Vista, CA

Tip: Add Dish Soap to Bug Spray

If you have to spray any type of bug spray to save or preserve your plants or flowers (inside or outside), add a few drops of Dawn dish detergent to the mixture and it will actually help the spray stick and work, instead of run off. It will keep its strength and stick better to your plants.

By David from Ellsworth, ME

Tip: Listerine Bug Spray

If you don't have any bug spray around - try using Listerine. It kills them just as fast as the bug spray and it's not harmful to us.

By Heather S.

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Homemade Bug Spray.

Question: Natural Bug Sprays

Do you have any natural bug spray recipes to share? Please submit them here.

Most Recent Answer

By Kristeen06/29/2008

I mixed half Listerine and half rubbing alcohol with a few drops of dish soap in a spray bottle. A few squirts on HUGE horseflies in the house and they rolled over dead!