Listerine Bug Spray

If you don't have any bug spray around - try using Listerine. It kills them just as fast as the bug spray and it's not harmful to us.

By Heather S.

By Carol (Guest Post)

Hair spray works well too for killing insects. It stiffens their wings so they can't fly.

By Amy (Guest Post)

Actually, Listerine contains sodium floride, which is toxic, but not noticed in small amounts. Calcium floride, on the other hand is natural and good for you.

By Debbie (Guest Post)

trying to find the recipe using listerrine palmolive soap and vegetable oil and water. saw this on pbs years ago. thanx Debbie

By Walter (Guest Post)

Seems that using Listerine for bugspray is completely bogus. See this link on Snopes: http://www.snop  ves/dishsoap.asp

Editor's Note We've heard this from people like Linne, who have tried it. Have you tried it? Does it work or not work for you? It worked for her, so it's worth a try.

By Meg (Guest Post)

Well, I tried this the other day. I was in my yard, being eaten alive. I went in, rubbed some off-brand Listerine on my arms and legs.

Didn't SEE another mosquito... So, for me, it worked.

Home and Garden Pest Control BugsMay 18, 2005
📓
🐛
🌻