Homemade Toner

I am looking for ingredients for a homemade astringent or toner.

Nancy from Lancaster, PA

Answers:

Homemade Toner

As a child my grandmother used nothing but apple cider vinegar. I used to grimace. now I find myself using it, have never had outbreaks. (02/15/2007)

By msburny

Homemade Toner

Witch Hazel is an astrigent, and cheap too. (02/15/2007)

By Syd

Homemade Toner

I attended a few "beauty seminars" when I worked for the Liggett Company years ago, One of the
things we were taught was what actually went into the various cosmetics for certain skin types. If you have dry skin for instance, use nothing except Witch Hazel based Toner... and if you have oily skin, add alcohol to the Witch Hazel. Toner is most often used for dry skin, and astringent is for the oily types.

At one of the top name cosmetic seminars, we were told that there is NO better cleansing cream or
cold cream than simple Pond's. It was not a Pond's seminar... So, for the past 60 years, I've used Witch Hazel and Pond's Cold Cream, and my 3 daughters have done the same. We all have great skin although a bit on the dry side which is OK with us since the oily type is more prone to breaking out, I think. Hope this helps.

All the best.
(02/17/2007)

By Julia in Orlando, FL

Homemade Toner

I use witch hazel. You can find it cheap at a dollar store. (02/21/2007)

By Marianne

Homemade Toner

Steep any sort of citrus peel in hot water - like you're making tea out of it. Cool it and keep it in the fridge, applying with a cotton ball twice a day. It keeps for about a month. I have very finicky skin, and this soothes it and makes it glow! (03/03/2007)

By Avidevi

A woman cleaning her face with skin toner.
Homemade Skin Toner
Photo of homemade orange jello.
Homemade Jello (Gelatin) Recipes
Homemade Moisturizer in a jar near a fern leaf
Homemade Moisturizer Recipes
Printer ink color cartridges.
Saving Money on Toner & Inkjet Cartridges
Photo of pink rose pedals.
Making Rose Water
🎄