Hot Vinegar for Gum on Clothing

Heat some white vinegar in the microwave. pour some on the gum. Go get a toothbrush and brush it out. Save yourself the time of reading any further. It took me 30 seconds to get a big wad of nicorrette out of my jeans. There are a lot of posts that suggest freezing it or rubbing peanut butter into it or both. With all sincerity, trust me, the vinegar and toothbrush works perfectly.

I removed gum from my daughters sweatshirt and It worked great! I have to admit at first I was skeptical, but after a little work with the toothbrush, it came right out. Thank you!

My son got gum and I mean alot of gum on his new shirt. So I got the peanut butter out and started removing it, but it was taking along time so got online and tried the hot vinegar and tooth brush. Let me tell you, it worked great 2 minutes and the gum. Thanks

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't say it enough! I was about to launder a brand new silk texture polyester dress when I found two chunks of dried up chewing gum stuck to the inside back of the dress. The dress was the last one on clearance so no chance of exchanging it. Luckily for me I found this tip first in my online search. Heated 1/4 cup of white vinegar for 20 seconds in the microwave and used the toothbrush to remove the dried gum in a couple minutes. I was amazed! And grateful:)

This was a life saver. Brand new deer hunting coat for 12 year old son had gum on it. I knew I could get it out but didn't want to leave an oily stain using the product I had on hand. Vinegar is my #1 favorite household cleaner & this was a great find to add to my list of things it does.

Works like a charm! Not even 30 seconds gum is out all together! Thank you! Thank you!

Brilliant. Got a gum stain out of a Zara mac in less than a minute. Awesome!

Anonymous

thankyou so much i was getting to the point of throwing away my jumpsuit after week on the freezer

Anonymous

The hot vinegar with the toothbrush Works fantastically

Anonymous

Awesome! Thanks for this great one. It works really well. The hotter the vinegar, the better. :-D

Anonymous

Thank you!!!!

Worked wonders!!!!

She's absolutely right - hot vinegar and a toothbrush worked like a charm! Thank you!

This worked so well I couldn't believe my eyes. I had washed the gum in the pocket of my jacket and dried it. I was ready to throw the jacket away until I tried this! Gum gone! Unbelievable. Thanks for much for the secret.

I tried hot vinegar and a toothbrush and it doesn't work. It gets the main gum out but not all of it.

Anonymous

But I didn't see the gum till after I washed my sheet. Then I re-washed using shout and the Tide pod as usual too. Now I am still left with gum residue. Is it still ok to use your remedy here?

Thanks,

Toby Lapin

Anonymous

Thank you! This really worked!

This hot vinegar tip was amazing for removing gum from clothing! There was gum smeared over a few inches of a pair of Dickies pants, and pretty much ground into the fabric from picking at it and trying to remove it with the ice trick. Then I tried the hot vinegar - heated up a small bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds, poured over the gum spots, and gently scrubbed with an old toothbrush for about a minute. It got it all out! Then I hand washed the pants and they look brand-new! So thankful for this tip :)