Hot Vinegar for Gum on Clothing

Heat some white vinegar in the microwave. pour some on the gum. Go get a toothbrush and brush it out. Save yourself the time of reading any further. It took me 30 seconds to get a big wad of nicorrette out of my jeans. There are a lot of posts that suggest freezing it or rubbing peanut butter into it or both. With all sincerity, trust me, the vinegar and toothbrush works perfectly.

I removed gum from my daughters sweatshirt and It worked great! I have to admit at first I was skeptical, but after a little work with the toothbrush, it came right out. Thank you!

My son got gum and I mean alot of gum on his new shirt. So I got the peanut butter out and started removing it, but it was taking along time so got online and tried the hot vinegar and tooth brush. Let me tell you, it worked great 2 minutes and the gum. Thanks

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't say it enough! I was about to launder a brand new silk texture polyester dress when I found two chunks of dried up chewing gum stuck to the inside back of the dress. The dress was the last one on clearance so no chance of exchanging it. Luckily for me I found this tip first in my online search. Heated 1/4 cup of white vinegar for 20 seconds in the microwave and used the toothbrush to remove the dried gum in a couple minutes. I was amazed! And grateful:)

This was a life saver. Brand new deer hunting coat for 12 year old son had gum on it. I knew I could get it out but didn't want to leave an oily stain using the product I had on hand. Vinegar is my #1 favorite household cleaner & this was a great find to add to my list of things it does.

Works like a charm! Not even 30 seconds gum is out all together! Thank you! Thank you!

Brilliant. Got a gum stain out of a Zara mac in less than a minute. Awesome!

thankyou so much i was getting to the point of throwing away my jumpsuit after week on the freezer

The hot vinegar with the toothbrush Works fantastically

Awesome! Thanks for this great one. It works really well. The hotter the vinegar, the better. :-D

Thank you!!!!

Worked wonders!!!!

Removing Gum from Clothing
Removing Gum from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousMarch 3, 2010
Fur coat on mannequin against a black background
Cleaning Bubblegum on a Fur Coat
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub