How to Make Piccadilly's Delicious Carrot Souffle

By Kori Puckett

Mom and I absolutely love Piccadilly Restaurant's carrot soufflé dessert. Recently over dinner there, she was telling me about how she had tried to make it herself recently. She was just guessing at what ingredients Picadilly uses, and she felt something was missing.

As she went over all the ingredients she used, I became curious and wanted to try it myself, so I got the idea to look it up on the Internet. It didn't take me long to find it, and I was anxious to try it myself:

Picadilly's Carrot Souffle

Ingredients

• 1 3/4 pounds carrots, chopped up
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 3 eggs, well-beaten w/electric mixer
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine (room temperature)
  • powdered sugar

(Surprisingly, no cinnamon or nutmeg, which we had assumed must have been in the recipe).

Directions

Steam or boil carrots until they're extra soft. Drain well and put into large mixing bowl.

While carrots are still warm, add: sugar, baking powder, and vanilla. Beat with mixer until smooth.

Add flour and mix well. Add whipped eggs and mix well. Add butter and mix well.

Pour mixture into baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 1 hour or until top is light golden brown. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar over top before serving.

After I tried this recipe the first time, I realize I needed to let the carrots boil a bit longer so they'd come out mushy. The souffle ended up with little carrot chunks and not completely smooth and creamy like it should.

But it does taste a lot like Picadilly's so I know I'm on the right track. I just need to keep practicing on getting the texture right.

About The Author: Kori Puckett, an average woman with a huge sweet tooth, loves experimenting with recipes and sharing them with others. Online she continues her grandmother's tradition of collecting recipes and cookbooks. Discover her latest recipe e-cookbooks at http://www.koripuckett.com/recipes

Answers:

It is my dad's favorite dish. I have adjusted it a bit over time and now have two versions. We call them the "meal" and "dessert" versions. My dad's favorite is a modified recipe with 1/2 cup of sugar and shredded carrots. He likes the hint of sweetness and the texture of the shredded carrots. (10/29/2008)

By Chelsey

Carrot Souffle in glass dish with sticks of cinnamon beside it.
Piccadilly's Carrot Soufflé Recipe
Egg and Cheese Souffle
Egg Souffle Recipes
Carrot Souffle
Carrot Souffle Recipes
Carrot Salad
Carrot Salad Recipes
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Carrot Costume
🎄