AdviceDogs

Is Our Dog a Pure Bred Belgian Malinois?

Please help. We want to know if our pup is a pure breed Belgian Malinois or a cross breed. His small face/head looks like a German Shepherd. I saw a Belgian Malinois (same age) and the head is large that's why I wondering and thinking that our pup is not a pure breed Mal. He is already 5 months old at present, but he only weights 16lbs. Your answer is highly appreciated.:)

By Jhay M.

My guess is yes he does look like a pure bred Malinois. I say this because my son, a police officer, has a K-9 of the same type. he just retired this past year.(the dog) They are a very intelligent breed. I would highly advise some sort of training, they learn so well. They are a thin dog also. I hope I've helped, you have a very nice looking dog.

I am having this same issue with our two babies that we rescued. Did you get an answer to your question on the breed? Both of our dogs look very similar to your dog, just curious if you got a definite answer. We are very tempted to get them DNA tested :)

The attached picture is our Mal or Mal mix Gunner.

Feel free to email me if you ever got an answer.

Bates.dallas AT gmail.com

Anonymous

My Mali is 5 months and is 24.75kg a big boy I believe for his age

My Mali at 9 months was 65 Lbs. Your dog should have black on the ears and black above the eyes that look like eye brows other than that cant tell you. If you love him that's all that counts.

He's way to short not a pure bread look up Belgiun malinois fawn color you will learn allot. He may be a mix of some kind. Just love him.

The one thing Mals have that not many other dogs have is extremely large white strong teeth, And I pronounce very white and large.

I have a Bel Mal mixed with labrador. He does have the large white teeth....very sharp btw. He ia getting bigger but not as big as a labrador or a bel mal so that makes me think that he might have other genes. He has big white paw. And a white stain on his face. I might say that he has the apperance of aa Bel Mal but the personality of a labrador.

His name is Max btw and we loooooove him so much! Can someone give me an opinion?