Janome Sewing Wobbly Stitch

I have had my Janome sewing machine for about 40 years, sewing with no problems, but today (when I am on a deadline to finish a dress) it has started sewing a wiggly line of stitches no matter what stitch I choose to use. I chose a zig zag got an uneven wobbly stitch with the odd zig zag, chose a straight normal stitch and also got a wobbly line of uneven stitches. Everything was OK yesterday? I have tried everything from changing the needle, the tension, the stitch length, type of stitch, etc., nothing works.

It sounds like you've had a faithful machine so far. Sometimes with a long term of usage parts become worn or loose. You can check the needle & make sure that the parts holding it are good and tight. If the bar that runs the needle up and down is loose from wear it can make a wobbly stitch and could possibly need replacing. It may be that you just need to break down and take it in to a reputable sewing machine repair shop and have it serviced in depth. Looking at that option may force you to decide whether it is worth the money to repair or whether you just need to look into purchasing a new machine. Just a note of caution for consideration, though. The new ones are not made as sturdy as they used to be. I wish you the best!