Repairing a Wobbly Chair

Category Chairs
There are several ways to repair a wobbly chair. The method used will depend on your skills and whether you choose a permanent or temporary fix. This is a guide about repairing a wobbly chair.

How do you repair a wobbly chair with wire?

By jet from Hays, KS

Answers

Best Answer

I have seen older chairs mainly, belonging to elderly people that have wire running from corner to corner between the legs and and twisted together in the middle, somehow. They used several layers of wire, and I don't know how they did it, but I have seen it, so I know it can be done. I don't know if they used any glue before hand or not. I am assuming maybe the legs of the chairs were starting to spread too far apart or something and the wire was to prevent that.

Wire won't repair a chair that is wobbly, what you need is some wood glue.

Got a picture? Worth a thousand words. It just might be easier than you think to fix.

Me too, I've seen that also. Just as you described, from corner to corner on the legs. I didn't study it at the time and I've always wondered if it was produced that way or was a repair and so now I am looking for the answer and any tips or tricks to it.

I have some great old chairs I want to keep around working. Thanx for any advice, dennisr.