Keeping Birds From Nesting in a BBQ Grill

I need a way to help keep birds (any kinds ) from building birds nest in my BBQ grill. We have burned the nests many times - before the mother could lay the eggs. And they keep coming back. i have left the lid open and they still build. And when it is covered they still get in there. Any ideas?

Lori

Answers:

Try a small windchime that hangs from the top when it is open. Between the noise and the sound, they should be too spooked to build a nest there. (06/03/2005)

By anon.

I read in a gardening book to blow up a small Glad trash bag and put it near the grill. I tried a Walmart bag, so far it worked. I just went and bought a wind sock, looks better, and hopefully that works. (05/21/2007)

By Angie

Did any of the posted suggestions work? Also, any ideas on how to clean bird poop from the inside of the grill? Or should I just resign to getting a new grill.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you. (06/06/2007)

By Donna

Just light a big hot fire in the grill and any bird residue will be baked off. Just hose out the grill and you should be good to go.

By Jess

Black Charcoal Grill with lid closed on a white background
Keeping Birds from Nesting in a BBQ
BBQ Chicken Pizza
BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipes
Bird
Keeping Birds Away
Brush cleaning charcoal grill
Cleaning a Charcoal BBQ Grill
Nesting Supplies to Birds
Providing Nesting Supplies to Birds
🎄